(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jun 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PamelaKay

PamelaKay DIS Veteran

Under 3 weeks now. Eighteen days til Harry Potter and 20 until BWI CL

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. LisaCM614

LisaCM614 DIS Veteran

Three more sleeps!

4. JenluvsDisney

JenluvsDisney Mouseketeer

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that prior to this year the rack rates were always shown without the tax included but the published 2014 rates include the tax. Still makes for an increase but maybe not as significant as you originally thought?

5. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Lisa's going to beat you there, but you've got more time to pack than she does;)

Are you almost all packed?

6. glk2009

glk2009 Mouseketeer

I apologize because I'm sure this answer is somewhere on this great thread, but I'm on serious information overload!

My online check-in date is tomorrow!!! :cool1: And I'm wondering if I should add in any location requests to my ressie.

We have a cash reservation with a 1-bedroom standard view. It will be me, DH, DD5 (turning 6 during our trip!) and DD21months. I'm pretty sure we value peace & quiet over proximity to the elevator. I'd love an Epcot view, but I don't think that's possible with our category.

Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks so much!!!

7. LisaCM614

LisaCM614 DIS Veteran

No. Ack. Still doing laundry. The kids have their piles all set for me but I still need to get my stuff going. Plus all of the toiletries and extras. Not too worried. WE don't have to leave for the airport until 5:45AM on Wednesday. Plenty of time - plus who sleeps the last night before Disney! NOT ME!:banana:

8. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Kook, got that magic erasing quill??? It was good while it lasted....:rolleyes1

9. LiveToTravelNicely

LiveToTravelNicely Getting excited for WDW 2016!

We are thinking about staying at BWI for the first time in January. Would you pick CL standard view or non-CL boardwalk view? I'm concerned that there could be some bad CL standard views. Non bw view with CL doesn't necessarily bother us as long as we aren't looking at a parking lot, bus stop, dumpster, etc. I see both are about the same cost so wonder what advice you could give me. THANKS!!

10. brettcw23

brettcw23 DIS Dad #722 Pittsburgh, PA

We leave on Saturday and I'm already getting too excited to sleep!

11. brettcw23

brettcw23 DIS Dad #722 Pittsburgh, PA

See if this helps as I had some ressie questions, too.
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3088944

12. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Definitely standard CL! One of our favorite things about BWI CL is that the "standard" category is either a view of the garden or a view of the boardwalk. From what I understand, there are no dumpster views when you book standard CL at BWI. We've stayed CL at BWI twice and both times, we booked standard and requested a boardwalk view. Both times, BWI was able to accommodate our request. Now, I understand that won't always be possible, but the worst that can happen is we'd end up with a garden view.

So I think the standard CL category at BWI is one of the best values on property. As for CL generally, the lounge is comfy, the CMs are outstanding and it's so convenient for our family of five. CL at BWI really makes all the difference in our WDW stay.

13. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

Just booked my January trip to BWV and my early March trip to BWI with the new RO discount! So excited to be back in the BW area again after a couple stays up by MK.

14. LisaCM614

LisaCM614 DIS Veteran

We have had the loveliest views from BWI CL. I love the view of the Eiffel Tower and the gardens from the garden suites. It is wonderful to watch Illuminations from the CL balcony with a nice dessert or cordial in your hand! You won't be sorry!

15. glk2009

glk2009 Mouseketeer

16. Judyfun

Judyfun Mouseketeer

Doing the Single Digit dance:yay::yay::yay:

Judy

17. LiveToTravelNicely

LiveToTravelNicely Getting excited for WDW 2016!

LisaCM and PixarMom, Thanks so much for the feedback! We are officially reserved for BWI-CL this January 2014. :cool1: SO excited!!!

18. lindsroc

lindsroc DIS Veteran

Quick question....do they have make up mirrors in the bathroom in standard rooms? The ones that have magnifying on one side and regular on the other? Trying to figure out if I need to pack mine. Thanks!

19. elgerber

elgerber <font color=deeppink>Sometimes you gotta bite the

The only resort I have seen magnifying mirrors in is VGC in DL. It sure was nice to have though!

20. LisaCM614

LisaCM614 DIS Veteran

Awesome Enjoy
    My kids still talk about the cast members who work the CL. They were so nice to the kids

21. PamelaKay

PamelaKay DIS Veteran

I still have 15 days and it is all I can think about. :lmao:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.