(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney's Armed Forces Salute discounted tickets and room rates has been renewed through 9/27/14! Details available HERE.

Hi, Jen! I don't have a comment about the comfort of the GS sleeper, but you're correct that all the GS's are configured with one king and one queen sleeper so your DD and DS would have to sleep together or one would have to sleep on the floor.

If you booked a CL Deluxe room though, then you would have two queens and a queen sleeper and you'd be in the same building as the lounge and have a guaranteed BWV. Do you have to have the half bath?

I would love to book a CL Deluxe room but that category is not available with the discount I have. Again, DD and DS don't care if they have to sleep together (we are lucky with that) but after our 19 day trip to the west coast where they had some BAD sleeper sofas, I just want to be sure they will be comfortable.

I will be watching to see if any other rooms open up with our discount this week and then need to make a decision.

Thanks!
Jen

I would love to book a CL Deluxe room but that category is not available with the discount I have. Again, DD and DS don't care if they have to sleep together (we are lucky with that) but after our 19 day trip to the west coast where they had some BAD sleeper sofas, I just want to be sure they will be comfortable.

I will be watching to see if any other rooms open up with our discount this week and then need to make a decision.

Thanks!
Jen
Our only WDW sleeper sofa experience was in a BLT one-bedroom and the WL Presidential Suite. DD reported both as being very comfortable. However, the WL sleeper was diabolical to open.

Availability, even with discounts, is fluid so don't be shy about checking every so often to see if something else might be available. Good luck!

Thanks so much for this wonderful thread, and all that have shared their beautiful photos! My waitlist just came through, and I'll be staying at the Boardwalk Villas for my Disney Princess Half Marathon next February!
Congratulations!:)

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Just need to vent. So we're less than 3 weeks out to this fabulous surprise birthday trip in a deluxe CL room at BW. DH comes home from a work trip last night & says he doesn't think he'll be able to join us at all. I knew he couldn't stay the whole week, but was hoping for at least 3-4 nights.

My head is spinning! The boys & I leave for our cabin on Monday morning & have no access to internet, cell phones, TV, nothing. So I can't even check obsessively to see if BWI rooms open up LOL!! When we return we'll only be 10 days away from the Disney trip. I know I will completely ignore the hoards of laundry & housework to sit on the computer & plot!

My DH called me at work at the end of May with a similar story about our June trip to DLR. At work! Like it couldn't wait. He was convinced he couldn't go. Then, all of a sudden things are fine.

He's already fretting over a transaction that is supposed to close at the end of Oct interfering with our Oct (his birthday) trip. (The same transaction that would have interfered with the June trip) I will not fret until the day before we leave. I've learned that. Not the first time, won't be the last that he is concerned about having to cancel.

Disney's Armed Forces Salute discounted tickets and room rates has been renewed through 9/27/14! Details available HERE.

Have you planned your next year's vacation yet? :). As always, we salute you and your family!!! :goodvibes

Staying for the first time at Boardwalk on August 11. I am so excited. I have two questions.

I was trying to do online check in and the room preferences only relate to what floor. I made my reservation by phone, and I know from checking a couple times that they have noted by king bed request. If i check a floor on online check in, am I going to lose my king request? (I would rather have a king than a floor, and given the limited supply of king beds, I didn't want to upset that request).

Second, has anybody been there recently or is there that can give an update on the refridgerator issue? I don't want to use a cooler, so i don't want to bring bottled water down if I am not going to have access to one. I am driving, but I still don't want to lug it around if I don't have to. I am just checking to see if there is any up to date intelligence on this front.

Thanks in advance.

I'd love to be added to the bulletin. My sister and I are staying at BWV October 27 - November 2. This will be our first time staying at the Boardwalk. Actually, it's a trip of a lot of firsts for us - first stay at a deluxe resort, first time at F&W, first Halloween party. We're so excited to be going! This trip has been planned since last November. I thought we'd never get down to the double digits, haha.

Have you planned your next year's vacation yet? :). As always, we salute you and your family!!! :goodvibes
Gee, thank you, psac, at ease:)

I should be planning for next year, but I'm a bit distracted by next week's vacation. DH just found out that he's going to be able to take leave a day earlier so we'll drive down in two days instead of one which means getting to WL/CL 8 hours earlier! You've had so many great WDW vacations this year. What are your 2014 plans?

Does anyone know if the Boardwalk Bakery cupcake flavors ever change?
This is only a guess, but WDW loves offering new cupcake flavors all the time at the resorts, like Contempo Cafe for example, so I would think they'd change at the the BWB, too. The Disney Food Blog might have some updates.

Staying for the first time at Boardwalk on August 11. I am so excited. I have two questions.

I was trying to do online check in and the room preferences only relate to what floor. I made my reservation by phone, and I know from checking a couple times that they have noted by king bed request. If i check a floor on online check in, am I going to lose my king request? (I would rather have a king than a floor, and given the limited supply of king beds, I didn't want to upset that request).

Second, has anybody been there recently or is there that can give an update on the refridgerator issue? I don't want to use a cooler, so i don't want to bring bottled water down if I am not going to have access to one. I am driving, but I still don't want to lug it around if I don't have to. I am just checking to see if there is any up to date intelligence on this front.

Thanks in advance.
Congratulations! I can't answer your fridge question (I only have current intell. on WL right now), but Online Check-in only offers pre-set choices and they are very limited and often not even applicable. Always indicate in your reservation what your preferences are by calling the WDTC. OCI won't negate those requests so don't worry about that.

I'd love to be added to the bulletin. My sister and I are staying at BWV October 27 - November 2. This will be our first time staying at the Boardwalk. Actually, it's a trip of a lot of firsts for us - first stay at a deluxe resort, first time at F&W, first Halloween party. We're so excited to be going! This trip has been planned since last November. I thought we'd never get down to the double digits, haha.
I'd be happy to add you and congratulations on booking your trip of firsts! You guys are going to have a wonderful time!

Hi folks! Just kicking around ideas for our next trip that "needs" ;) to be planned. We are thinking of requesting the Community Hall area. Anyone care to tell me why they do or do not like that area? We'll have enough points that we don't have to do SV...and I believe we're on our vacation this year when the booking window opens, so I might (cough cough) forget to book for a few days...best to plan for PV...

Thanks in advance!

Hi folks! Just kicking around ideas for our next trip that "needs" ;) to be planned. We are thinking of requesting the Community Hall area. Anyone care to tell me why they do or do not like that area? We'll have enough points that we don't have to do SV...and I believe we're on our vacation this year when the booking window opens, so I might (cough cough) forget to book for a few days...best to plan for PV...

Thanks in advance!

So you actually want the leisure or quiet pool area. Community Hall is adjacent to the quiet pool, not Luna Park.

Thanks in advance!

If you have the points and are booking somewhat early, why not go for Boardwalk view? Have you tried it yet? Otherwise the community hall area probably would be nice and quiet and closer to walk to HS.

Gee, thank you, psac, at ease:)

I should be planning for next year, but I'm a bit distracted by next week's vacation. DH just found out that he's going to be able to take leave a day earlier so we'll drive down in two days instead of one which means getting to WL/CL 8 hours earlier! You've had so many great WDW vacations this year. What are your 2014 plans?

Glad you'll be able to get in more of tour trip!! thats excellent. :)
We going to try Kidani for the first time (really loved Jambo in April), and we'll likely do our normal BW in Nov, but we're thinking of maybe trying that "other" Disney park next year. I've never been to the 'Land. :thumbsup2

If you have the points and are booking somewhat early, why not go for Boardwalk view? Have you tried it yet? Otherwise the community hall area probably would be nice and quiet and closer to walk to HS.

Didn't love the Boardwalk view. View = Great. Noise = Not enough sleep for me. I figure I can leave that category for someone who really, really wants it. We've done Luna Park a couple times, standard view a few times...

And, yes, exactly what you wrote about the area in question is why we think it would be worth a try. However, I may be missing some negatives, hence the post.

Thanks for your thoughts! :goodvibes

Didn't love the Boardwalk view. View = Great. Noise = Not enough sleep for me. I figure I can leave that category for someone who really, really wants it. We've done Luna Park a couple times, standard view a few times...

And, yes, exactly what you wrote about the area in question is why we think it would be worth a try. However, I may be missing some negatives, hence the post.

Thanks for your thoughts! :goodvibes

Ah, we love the BW view and got spoiled rotten in January when we had a 2 bedroom, the same villa Samantha Brown was in during the taping of Great Hotels. But, it's not for everyone. We didn't find it noisy, but it was January. We'll be at the BWI in a few weeks, CL and hoping for BW view so we'll see if the noise level is different in Aug.

I'm joining the BWI party! We were originally going to be at AoA Cars suite, but the military discount available had other ideas. After three phone calls and a total of 157 minutes on the phone with various CMs, we will enjoy a military rate at BWI SV, check in on 10/17. We're staying three nights there before we hop across the lagoon for a five night stay at BC. I've enjoyed reading all the informational stuff and plan on going to past boardwalk threads. I'm still trying to figure out what views to request and would like an Epcot view, but are there any epcot view rooms that are a little closer to the elevator? When we stayed at WL in 2009 we were in the boonies and had a heck of a time trying to refill mugs! I'm looking forward to acquainting myself with everyone!

Glad you'll be able to get in more of tour trip!! thats excellent. :)
We going to try Kidani for the first time (really loved Jambo in April), and we'll likely do our normal BW in Nov, but we're thinking of maybe trying that "other" Disney park next year. I've never been to the 'Land. :thumbsup2
A one bedroom at Kidani? Those and BLT's are the only one bedrooms with two bathrooms:thumbsup2. I love the Kidani interiors, but we really dislike the location/lack of trans. options. We prefer staying where we have more than just a bus option. But, having said that, I think Kidani/AKL would be great for a shorter split stay. How long are you staying? I know nothing of this "other" park of which you allude to:snooty:

We're one of the rare ones who didn't like all the hustle and bustle of the BW either (and one of the rare ones who weren't crazy about their CL). The view was amazing, but much activity and evening noise comes with it. I know most like that, but we actually prefer the garden/courtyard/Epcot view at BWI.

I'm joining the BWI party! We were originally going to be at AoA Cars suite, but the military discount available had other ideas. After three phone calls and a total of 157 minutes on the phone with various CMs, we will enjoy a military rate at BWI SV, check in on 10/17. We're staying three nights there before we hop across the lagoon for a five night stay at BC. I've enjoyed reading all the informational stuff and plan on going to past boardwalk threads. I'm still trying to figure out what views to request and would like an Epcot view, but are there any epcot view rooms that are a little closer to the elevator? When we stayed at WL in 2009 we were in the boonies and had a heck of a time trying to refill mugs! I'm looking forward to acquainting myself with everyone!
Welcome! Sounds like you might have called the day the military rate extension was released. Many encountered some issues while the WDTC system was updated.

I don't know which rooms are both close to an elevator and have an Epcot view, but I would request both if that is what you'd prefer. Unlike WL, which has a QS refill location, BWI doesn't. But, you can refill your mug at the following locations:

BoardWalk Bakery, BoardWalk Joe's, The BoardWalk Pizza Window, Seashore Sweets and Leaping Horse Libations.

We're one of the rare ones who didn't like all the hustle and bustle of the BW either (and one of the rare ones who weren't crazy about their CL). The view was amazing, but much activity and evening noise comes with it. I know most like that, but we actually prefer the garden/courtyard/Epcot view at BWI.

Hmmmm.....:scratchin haven't even considered the noise level. I'm a super light sleeper, so I might need to rethink this. The kids (and me;)) want this view, but it might not come to fruition now. Glad you mentioned this little issue.

Just curious, has anyone used David's DVC Rentals??? Have been considering this avenue for our BWV stay.

Thanks!
Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter