(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

$399 Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members!

Leah Zanolla | Posted: Sep 12, 2012 | Updated: Sep 12, 2012

Members of the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) timeshare program will be the recipients of a great new perk beginning October 1. On a video posted on the DVC website this morning, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Claire Bilby, announced a new discount available from October 1 to December 31, 2012. For just $399, DVC members can purchase a Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass. The normal price of these passes is $699, so that's a savings of $300 (DVC members normally pay $559 for a Premium Annual Pass, so it's still a substantial savings). A Premium Annual Pass allows access to all four theme parks, plus both water parks, Disney Quest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course and free parking.

Passes aren't activated until they have been used for the first time, so take advantage of this deal while it's being offered even if your current annual pass hasn't expired. For DVC members to renew a regular annual pass, it is $385, so for $14 more, you would get the extra benefits a premium annual pass offers over a regular annual pass. DVC members have until December 31, 2013 to activate these passes.

After October 1, DVC members will also get 10% off merchandise at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney's Aulani Resort & Spa, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. psac

psac DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting this and the pass info!

4. WDWKOOK

You're welcome, psac. I think you'll see it on one of your other subscribed threads, too;)

5. jnfr2424

jnfr2424 I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love t

Thank you so much for this tip - I am going to call again on Sunday because the wait time has been a bit crazy for the past 2 days YIKES!!

Both of our mothers decided to join us at the last minute and DH swears this would be cheaper than just getting another room - sigh*

We are on a AP discount room only pkg so thanks for the tip I will for sure let everyone know what the outcome will be. Thanks so much to all for being so wonderful!!

6. aras4007

aras4007 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info!

7. cmesq61

cmesq61 DIS Veteran

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE, BABY!!!!!
    :cool1::thumbsup2

8. jackemail

jackemail Disney Veteran

Lucky you!!!!

9. jackemail

jackemail Disney Veteran

I have not been able to go "home" to BWI for some time, as I have been caring for a sick parent.

I just made reservations for June 2013, and am quite excited! (not an ideal time to go, but had to work around granddaughters' school year).

Can't wait to get "home" to Boardwalk, and see the wonderful Innkeepers! (bringing 4 teenage girls....the Innkeepers have plenty of time to prepare themselves)

10. pmanko

pmanko Mouseketeer

We are staying over the week of Halloween (10/26-11/2) - we rented points for a one bedroom with standard view.
    Any suggestions for us for a quiet room? I would like to think we may be able to get our 5 y /o boy to nap once or twice - so, do not want to be near or facing the busy pool w/ a slide (Luna).
    It would be nice to have a firework view (Epcot) - and also would be nice to be within 4 - 6 rooms of the elevators.

I know my choices are pretty limited with standard view and I don't think they will upgrade us.

Any suggestions!?

thanks!

11. Butterflygirl35

Butterflygirl35 DIS Veteran

Have a great time!!!

I have no patience until January.... But I can't complain since less than a month ago I was at Grand Floridian..... But still... I wanna go now!!!pixiedust:

12. sfbank

sfbank DIS Veteran

jackemail-What time in June? We will be back down end of May/first part of June to meet up with Nascargirl and her DH again. Would be cool if we could bump into each other again :thumbsup2

13. jackemail

jackemail Disney Veteran

Will be at Wilderness June 2,3(easier to get to the magic kingdom with the girls from there), and move "home" to BWI in the afternoon on June 4.

14. sfbank

sfbank DIS Veteran

We leave on the 2nd early in the morning. Bummer!:( There is always next year:rotfl2:

15. WDWKOOK

So sorry you have a sick parent, but congratulations on booking for next summer:goodvibes

Love your Tom Sawyer Island photo:thumbsup2

Though I haven't stayed in the villas, I would make sure that you request a 'quiet location.' The room assignor will know where those are and try and put you in a quiet location. When you check-in, just ask if you're in a quiet location. Having said that, I'm not sure how room requests work when renting points, I only know when paying cash. But, we have some great DVC experts here who can help you with thatpopcorn::

16. jackemail

jackemail Disney Veteran

Oh, drat! Missing you and nascargirl by two days!

But, you're right---there will be another time!

17. jackemail

jackemail Disney Veteran

18. elgerber

elgerber <font color=deeppink>Sometimes you gotta bite the

I have to say, that a standard view close to the elevators is not going to be the quietest room. The rooms closest to the elevators are also closest to the front entrance of the hotel. And while that doesn't bother me, I like to watch the comings and goings, it can be loud. The luggage carts from the magical express clang rather loudly there. I would say the quietest standard view villas are going to be the ones further down the hall/driveway.

19. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

The ones by the elevator get some parking lot noise. But, those are real convenient to access the boardwalk and pool.

20. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

The member you rented from will need to make any requests for you. The standard view is along the front/main drive of the resort. You will not be on the pool side or Boardwalk side.

You will not be upgraded unless the villa you are supposed to get is the very last one bedroom villa with a standard view and it has to be suddenly taken out for maintenance. You don't want to even mention "upgrade" to the front desk when you check in. They will charge you extra points and you don't own them.

There is only the one elevator bank, so if you want to be closer to the elevator, ask the member to request close to the elevator.

21. WDWKOOK

So sorry for your loss, jackemail:grouphug::littleangel:

It is hard working around school schedules. In the summer, we usually go in August, but I'm contemplating a June trip, like you. DD's school goes until mid to late June, so we usually go in August when the South is back in school and it's much less crowded. But, I recently read that last June was not crowded at all. Someone posted that since the schools in the South get out in May, many have already visited WDW by the time we get out here in the North and by after Memorial Day until the July 4 holiday, the parks aren't bad. Has anyone else gone mid to late June? How was it?

I knew the DVC experts would have all the right answers for pmanko:thumbsup2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.