(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bakery opening this Friday at 6:15!! Just saw the sign in the lobby!

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Thank you and no, it hadn't been posted. It looks like it's opening a day early. Hope you're having a fabulous vacation!

Hi there everyone!!!

Has anyone stayed in the Garden Suite at the Boardwalk? I am currently planning myself and my mother's next trip to the world and am considering this suite. Is it worth the money? Or are we better off having a standard club level room?

All comments appreciated!

Love Rikkilee from Australia!!!

Hi! we stayed at the garden suites and we LOVED it!! It was my husband and I, and it was probably the best stay we've ever had at wdw! BWI is our favorite resort. We usually stay Standard Club Level, but really wanted to try the Garden Suites. Since it was us two, we didn't even open the bed/couch on the main floor, but I loved the fact there were two bathrooms! I had a discount for the garden suite. It's beautiful, however I would not pay rack rate for it.

Yay!! Our next BWI stay is quite a while away, but I'm so happy to hear about this and I'm really looking forward to seeing photos. We're enthusiastic BWI fans (especially BWI CL!) and I love nearly everything about it. But I've always had two small concerns: 1) the lack of self-serve refill mug stations; and 2) the pool clown. Sounds like the new bakery will a self-serve refill station, so that's one concern down and one to go!

Hi! we stayed at the garden suites and we LOVED it!! It was my husband and I, and it was probably the best stay we've ever had at wdw! BWI is our favorite resort. We usually stay Standard Club Level, but really wanted to try the Garden Suites. Since it was us two, we didn't even open the bed/couch on the main floor, but I loved the fact there were two bathrooms! I had a discount for the garden suite. It's beautiful, however I would not pay rack rate for it.

We stayed in a Garden Suite in March. We were 4 adult women. My sister and I shared the upstairs king bed and our 2 daughters (age 26 and 29) shared the downstairs pull out queen sofa bed. They told us the pull out was VERY comfy! We absolutely loved staying in the garden suite! It was very roomy and just a beautiful location on the resort. We were very close to the quiet pool and hot tub area. I would stay in the same suites again anytime!!

Hi! We never booked a garden suite because of the bed situation. The suites are lovely! I hope to stay in one on a trip without the kids. There is a bed and a pullout couch in the garden suite. I believe there are pictures in the front pages of this thread. We prefer two beds! Love BWI CL!

Thank you all for your information! Very helpful! Thank you once again! :thumbsup2

Not only will we be spending our trip in May at the Boardwalk, BUT we booked club level for our December trip!! So excited! It's our first time at this resort, so I hope we love it!

Getting super excited about our first stay at BWV!! Reading that everyone is leaving for their trips has me really anticipating our departure in 33 days or so!

Quick question: do the 1br have an iPod/iPhone docking station? We use music to soothe the DD to sleep even tho she'll be pretty tuckered out from all the Disney fun, I just wanted to see if we needed to bring our own.

Not only will we be spending our trip in May at the Boardwalk, BUT we booked club level for our December trip!! So excited! It's our first time at this resort, so I hope we love it!

We love BWI Club level. We were there last week for the second time in 6 months. We have reservations for the TOT 10 miler in October at BWI but not club. Hoping for discounts so we can upgrade! You will love the CMs on club- so helpful and knowledgable. They definitely go the extra mile for you. Have a great time!

My parents were generous enough to lend us 50 DVC points which were exactly enough to spend 5 nights in a standard view studio at Boardwalk in September. The bad news was, only 4 of the nights we were able to go were available.

Luckily, we were able to get in at our backup at OKW which considering my history there is pretty awesome in its own right. But my wife kind had her heart set on BWV so we got ourselves on the waitlist.

My question is, what are our odds of getting into BWV for the last week in September before the Food and Wine festival? (Thursday will be our last night there, we're flying out late Friday evening, the first day of Food and Wine).

Do they not book every single studio available until they have a good idea for just how many two-bedrooms are going to be needed? (Since the studios are the second bedroom for those). I'm just sorta curious. OKW would not be disappointing, but BWV would be extra special.

You might move your question over to the DVC board since the people over there may have more experience with waitlisting. My sister owns DVC and last summer we were able to get a 2 bedroom standard view for two nights I think 2 months ahead of time for the end of May. So someone must have cancelled/changed their ressie. We weren't on a waitlist but I would check to see what options we had many times a day. As far as I know, the two bedroom units are split up into 1 bedroom/studio and it is first come, first served. So if there is a two bedroom unit left, someone can book it as a 2 bedroom, a studio or a 1 bedroom. Once someone books part of that two bedroom, availability will only be for whatever part (studio or 1 bedroom) that is left. You may have a decent chance for 1 night, especially for a weekday night. I also helped my sisters and son with a DVC reservation this past September. It was hard to find much during the food/wine fest short notice. They ended up going the week before the food/wine fest started and ended up in a value studio at Jambo House. There seems to be more availability in the garden/pool view at the Boardwalk.

My parents were generous enough to lend us 50 DVC points which were exactly enough to spend 5 nights in a standard view studio at Boardwalk in September. The bad news was, only 4 of the nights we were able to go were available.

Luckily, we were able to get in at our backup at OKW which considering my history there is pretty awesome in its own right. But my wife kind had her heart set on BWV so we got ourselves on the waitlist.

My question is, what are our odds of getting into BWV for the last week in September before the Food and Wine festival? (Thursday will be our last night there, we're flying out late Friday evening, the first day of Food and Wine).

Do they not book every single studio available until they have a good idea for just how many two-bedrooms are going to be needed? (Since the studios are the second bedroom for those). I'm just sorta curious. OKW would not be disappointing, but BWV would be extra special.

Are you waitlisted for all 5 nights, or just 1? If it's all 5, I would not think it's very likely at this point for all 5 days to open. If you book the 4 and waitlist just for the 1 day, your chances would be much better. Of course you would have the possiblity of spending 1 night somewhere else.

Are you waitlisted for all 5 nights, or just 1? If it's all 5, I would not think it's very likely at this point for all 5 days to open. If you book the 4 and waitlist just for the 1 day, your chances would be much better. Of course you would have the possiblity of spending 1 night somewhere else.

All five. We went ahead and booked the rest of the trip at OKW. We didn't want to risk having to change hotels twice (we're already spending the first Saturday of our trip at AoA).

Originally Posted by TheSilverTherapist

For one night your chances might have been decent, for 5 especially in a standard if it is during food and wine (not sure of your dates and the f&w start date) very unlikely. If it is not during food and wine, maybe but the more nights on your waitlist, the lower the chances.

Just a question about club level. I read that you can use concierge to make your reservations prior to your arrival by contacting them. What kind of reservations can they make for you? Dining? Anything else? How early in advance? I'm just curious because I want to utilize what we have, and I'm no pro at CL! Thanks!!

Just a question about club level. I read that you can use concierge to make your reservations prior to your arrival by contacting them. What kind of reservations can they make for you? Dining? Anything else? How early in advance? I'm just curious because I want to utilize what we have, and I'm no pro at CL! Thanks!!

Pretty much anything. They should send you a form to complete once you book club level. They can only book in the same booking windows as anyone else.

Sometimes they don't email a welcome letter or PIP form (Pre Itinerary Planning) right after booking and some only email at the 180+ or 90 day mark, depending on when you booked. Feel free to email or call the IPO anytime after booking, just include your confirmation number and last name in the subject field.

As Vicki said, they can book anything for you, but it's subject to availability. You can also have them note/confirm any room requests in your reservation and they can answer questions as well.

Let us know if you have any other questions:)

Getting super excited about our first stay at BWV!! Reading that everyone is leaving for their trips has me really anticipating our departure in 33 days or so!

Quick question: do the 1br have an iPod/iPhone docking station? We use music to soothe the DD to sleep even tho she'll be pretty tuckered out from all the Disney fun, I just wanted to see if we needed to bring our own.

They used to, but many of them were stolen or broken, so DVC is not replacing them with another docking station. Just an alarm clock.

They used to, but many of them were stolen or broken, so DVC is not replacing them with another docking station. Just an alarm clock.

Thanks for the info. Too bad. It's always a few that ruin it for everybody. Wish they would just let us check one out, then we'd have to be responsible for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter