(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the closest mug refill place from BWV? Bellevue Lounge? Or something on The Boardwalk itself?

Where is the closest mug refill place from BWV? Bellevue Lounge? Or something on The Boardwalk itself?
Boardwalk Joe's Coffee Cart, Boardwalk Pizza Window, Seashore Sweets, and the Boardwalk Bakery (when it reopens).... I would think the pool bar would also refill these mugs? Someone else might need to confirm that last one, though!:scratchin

Boardwalk Joe's Coffee Cart, Boardwalk Pizza Window, Seashore Sweets, and the Boardwalk Bakery (when it reopens).... I would think the pool bar would also refill these mugs? Someone else might need to confirm that last one, though!:scratchin

Depending on where you are in the villas, I would argue that the Bellvue Lounge is closest if you are nearer the elevators. If you're in the low numbers, ducking down the stairs to Leaping Horse Libations,

Is it embarrassing to ask if there is some sort of Crock-Pot Borrow/Pass Along List? Haha So excited to be staying in a studio villa this December, however, not much meal preparation equipment. Will be flying, assuming renting a car as usual. Obviously not planning on full meals, but a Crock-Pot would be very convenient. :) I've been a subscriber to this thread in anticipation of staying here, so, hey everyone! :wave2:

Can you explain if this is based on experience, or something else? I have a cash villa reservation, but the confirmation is for "Standard View".
deb/bills answer was correct, as usual (except for any mention of how far the parking is - sorry, couldn't resist :rotfl2:)
all DVC resort bookings thru DRC are called "standard view".
only when booking with DVC points or trade in from RCI are there any view options: standard (driveway, front of resort), preferred pool/garden, and preferred BW view.
btw, BWV BW view can only be booked on points (not even with DVC member cash discount - and yes, personal experience :)). DVC standard and BW views account for only 20% (each) of the resort, and both are booked early by BWV owners.
the other 60% (preferred pool/garden) villas is what DRC refers to as standard.
hth :)

... I would think the pool bar would also refill these mugs? Someone else might need to confirm that last one, though!:scratchin
Yes it does, but it has shorter hours then many of the other locations you mentioned. Great for swimming during the day, but as evening approaches it closes.

Yes, you do. However, if you have a room request that will make or break your vacation, it may be better to wait and check in at the front desk.

Online check in gives first priority to getting you into an available room. They will fill any requests they can, but if the choice is between giving you your request or getting you into a room based on your arrival time, arrival time wins out. Although you can change rooms, based on my experience watching others go through this process, it appears to take longer than if you had just waited and done regular check in anyway.

I've done online check in for every trip but one since it's been offered (they wouldn't let us use it opening day at BLT) and I haven't been disapointed in a room location or view yet. But I tend to make very general requests like "upper floor" or "near transportation". For my last BWV trip earlier this month, my request was "near lobby", I did online check in, and I was placed on the lobby level, three rooms down from the elevators - just far enough that it wasn't noisy, and close enough for the convenience I wanted.

Fla4Fun, may I ask whether you'd booked a standard or preferred view? The view is not our top priority but would like to be close to lobby/elevators. We've stayed towards an end with stairs nearby in the past, but due to a knee injury I can't do the stairs anymore :worried:

Online check in gives first priority to getting you into an available room. They will fill any requests they can, but if the choice is between giving you your request or getting you into a room based on your arrival time, arrival time wins out.
I did online checkin today and was given the option to select two out of four room requests. There was also a selection to say if checkin time or room requests was the priority so it looks like you now have an option of which is more important.

We are staying at the BWI in a little more than a month. :cool1: I'm so excited it is our first Deluxe stay.

One of my kids has a strange question. He is obsessed with Alligators. He wants to know if anyone has ever seen one in the water near the Boardwalk? I know I've seen video of some at other resorts. Honestly, they scare me to death. So I'd be happy to hear a no, even though I do know they live in the water in FL. :lmao:

We are staying at the BWI in a little more than a month. :cool1: I'm so excited it is our first Deluxe stay.

One of my kids has a strange question. He is obsessed with Alligators. He wants to know if anyone has ever seen one in the water near the Boardwalk? I know I've seen video of some at other resorts. Honestly, they scare me to death. So I'd be happy to hear a no, even though I do know they live in the water in FL. :lmao:

We've seen one across the water at the BCVillas.

We've seen one across the water at the BCVillas.

We didn't see one ourselves, but it seems like there are a lot of reports at the BC but not the BW. Maybe they're scared of clowns? :confused3

It might be worth a quick excursion around the BC grounds to see if he can find one.

We didn't see one ourselves, but it seems like there are a lot of reports at the BC but not the BW. Maybe they're scared of clowns? :confused3

It might be worth a quick excursion around the BC grounds to see if he can find one.

:rotfl::rotfl:. I've seen photos of a baby alligator in the canal at the back of the Beach Club Villas but not seen one myself. We saw quiet a few turtles there so it might nice for him to go and have a look :)

Hi everyone! We are coming in on April 10 to the BWI, and I have a question about onine checkin requests. I am booked in a standard room, but I have an option for floors, and canal view, and boardwalk view. Can anyone help me with the floors option? Do I want highest floor, or 5th floor, or 4th floor or what? Last time we stayed there we got a ground floor, and we did not like that. Should I select highest floor? What is the 4th or 5th floor like? Also, if I selected canal or boardwalk view, would I even get that since we are just booked for a standard room?:confused3
Any help on this would be so appreciated!:)

:lmao: I think we will spend some time looking around BC. He would be so excited to see one.

:rotfl::rotfl:. I've seen photos of a baby alligator in the canal at the back of the Beach Club Villas but not seen one myself. We saw quiet a few turtles there so it might nice for him to go and have a look :)

He likes turtles too. So that would be a win. :goodvibes

:lmao: I think we will spend some time looking around BC. He would be so excited to see one.

He likes turtles too. So that would be a win. :goodvibes

There are usually turtles swimming around and under the loading dock area at DHS for the boats that go from DHS to the Epcot resorts and Epcot. DD is always on the lookout for them and we usually spot a couple.

There are usually turtles swimming around and under the loading dock area at DHS for the boats that go from DHS to the Epcot resorts and Epcot. DD is always on the lookout for them and we usually spot a couple.

:cool1: Thanks!! I'm sure all my kids will be interested in finding them. :goodvibes

Mug refill reminder:

The BoardWalk Bakery is undergoing renovations now through April 26, 2013. For guests who are using refillable mugs, you'll still be able to pick up the mugs at the temporary tent location, or at Seashore Sweets, located adjacent to the Bakery. Guests can refill their mugs at the temporary location from 6:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. daily. After 11 a.m., refills will be available at the Boardwalk Pizza Window until midnight. Guests can also refill their mugs during these hours at Belle Vue Lounge, Seashore Sweets, and Leaping Horse.

~AllEars

Of course there are always the thousands of little lizards that are everywhere also! They are fun to watch as well.

Of course there are always the thousands of little lizards that are everywhere also! They are fun to watch as well.

When I was a kid I would catch them all the time when we went to FL. I can remember the first time a tail came off in my hand. I was traumatized. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter