(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disbug

Disbug DIS Veteran

For us, we would choose the 1-BDRM. You have a place for the kiddos to sleep separate from yourselves for a little privacy. In a studio, everyone is together in the same room so everyone goes to sleep at the same time. :crowded: If you want to stay up and watch some TV you can do that in the 1BDRM because you have a TV in your room. You also have a much larger bathroom with a whirlpool tub (heavenly at the end of the day!) Another perk is you get a full kitchen, AND... wait for it.... a WASHER and DRYER in the room!

Your children are still small though, so a Deluxe Studio would still work, and hey... saving $500 is nothing to sneeze at! Enjoy your trip.... you will have fun either way!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TaraPA

TaraPA <font color=navy>I will think of that animatronic

I'll also be at BWV the same time you are, on a Girls Trip. Maybe we'll get to meet! I'm there 4/21-25. I just got back last night from Wl/AKV & am already dying to get back in 4 weeks.

For $500 I'd want the space, full kitchen & washer & dryer in the 1BR but that's just me. Space & laundry are very important to our family, but might not be to yours. If you don't plan on using laundry, can get by with small fridge & microwave, I'd go with the studio & save the $500. It will have a bed & a pullout couch - which I wouldn't recommend for 4 people BUT your little ones are really little so they could easily share the sofa bed. Or even sleep on the couch together as is, one at each end. Wait if they're both under 3 you might need the pack-n-play. That will take up a lot of room by the sofa, bu do-able if you don't mind manuevering around it to get to the balcony. I always stress about where the kids will sleep (they're 15 & 12 & won't share a bed) & one usually ends up sleeping on the floor anyway!

Good luck whatever you decide & have fun!

4. Niewoe

Niewoe Mouseketeer

It is so sweet that you and DD have been going to WDW with each other every year! I have an "only" as well (DS5) and hope that we will continue our trips as he gets older, too!!

5. Disbug

Disbug DIS Veteran

Weswife, just thought of something else... since you are staying in a Deluxe HA Studio, you will be getting one queen bed and one double-sleeper sofa. The sleeper sofa is not that comfy for teenagers on up to sleep on. You might consider bringing an egg-crate foam topper to help out with that. Also, DVC will not give you an adjoining room. What you book is what you will receive, so this may be a little cramped :crowded: for what you are used to. Have a fun trip with your family! :)

6. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Yeh, pretty much for that day. We took our son and eight of his friends to WDW right after graduation for a week. Being DVC members we booked a Grand Villa at OKW.

Is she in a powerchair or manual chair? With a power chair it might be hard to transfer to the bed from the chair. The double sleeper sofa is right next to the queen sized bed and there isn't a whole lot of space between them.

The sleeper sofa is the better of the two types of sleeper sofas in the DVC villas. The bed flips from the back and the cushions stay attached to the bed to support the foot of the bed.

You will probably have no tub and only a roll in shower in the bathroom.

And they won't give you another room because you are four in a studio with someone in a wheelchair.

7. Cobern

Cobern DIS Veteran

Sadly neither if ours will fit in a pack n play. Our DD is about a month shy of 3 years when we go and has slept in a twin bed since she was a year and a half. Our DS will just be a little over a year and he refuses to sleep on anything but a bed, no playpen, no crib, a regular bed! It is very frustrating with both of me being so picky about sleeping arrangements.

I don't *think* laundry will be a problem but with 2 this little you just never know :(. I do like the idea if a large fridge though. I am planning on bringing drinks and snacks for the kids since DD is the pickiest eater EVER. We just want something relaxing for us and space for everyone to sleep comfortably. I am loving the Florida resident discounts right now and that is the only reason I am even considering a deluxe. I figured all we would be able to afford would be a value.

8. kmermaid

kmermaid DIS Veteran

Are there hot tubs at both quiet pools (BWI & BWV)?

9. abk96

abk96 Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters

It's been a while since I stayed at the Villas but I don't remember a hot tub there.

10. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

It' 5:00 somewhere and when you're on vacation, it's always 5:00.

I love all those great firsts. What kind of 'adult' things are you going to do? Sleep-in and do everything or nothing?:thumbsup2

:welcome: and I, too vote for the one bedroom. Having your own door and washer/dryer is great.

We might need to start an 'only' thread:)

Eight friends?! Wow, you are one great Mom::yes::. How long did they stay?

Yes.

[​IMG]

11. PolyAddict

PolyAddict Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Hi!!

Well we were going to do a tour but with only 5 days/4 nights not sure I want to take 5 hours out of MK day.

I know DH will want to sleep in a bit and be more relaxed (that will be hard for me &#128547;)but i will try to go along with it. Good thing i will have the lounge to get out the room while he rests. He says he just wants to hold my hand the whole time&#128525;

We are looking forward to actually sitting together in the Rose and Crown Pub for a drink. Most, if not all, of our evenings will be spent in Epcot.

That's about it, i guess. He needs some stress free time so thats what i'll strive for.

12. TaraPA

If your DH wants to sleep in find our group of ladies at BWV & hang with us! We're ages 41-63 and all met here on the DIS in the last 10 years. We've been going to WDW together 1-3x a year since 2009! We have a former CM in the group as well, and a parent of a current MK CM, so we know the ropes LOL!! We're up & out pretty early to the parks - you're welcome to join us! We did leave the 24th free as a pool day - but I know me - I will want to squeez every dime out of my AP so I'll have to get a park in that morning!

13. smidgy

smidgy dimples

april 23-29 for hubby and I! BWV, boardwalk view.

14. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

WE stayed a week. We drove two cars and pulled a Uhaul for the luggage. Everyone paid for their own park admission and food other than one breakfast that we paid for at Chef Mickeys (and they all had to wear their mortarboard ears hats).

We took the master bedroom, girls upstairs, boys downstairs. Worked out pretty good. Once was enough, though.

15. PolyAddict

PolyAddict Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Thanks! I will report back here!

16. weswife

weswife DIS Veteran

1 room is fine for us. The other resort gave an adjoining room b/c the room only had 1 king bed. No tub is ok too. The roll in shower is the most important for DD. The transferring is done by her Dad as she does not do it herself, not enough strength. She uses a manual chair, which she can push. We are very excited to stay at BWV! I have been reading everything I can find and enjoying all the pics. The resort looks beautiful! :banana: We usually eat at Cape May and walk all around that area. It will be very nice to stay there! We plan to enjoy the resort and the pool! :goodvibes This site has been wonderful! :woohoo:

17. TaraPA

Lots of us overlapping woo hoo!

Does anyone know where the map of BWV is? maybe I saw it on the DVC board. It shows where studios, 1BR & 2BR in each view catgeory are.

18. TaraPA

Never mind I found it a few pages back!!!!!

19. Ronald Duck

Ronald Duck Another Disney Fanatic

TaraPA: I'm looking for that map also, and I haven't found it yet...what page, please?

20. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

21. abk96

abk96 Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters

Sorry I stand corrected on this answer.

I'm still having a senior moment because I still can't remember where the hot tub is at the BW Villas quiet pool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.