(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fall08CP

fall08CP Cheesehead

It IS as awesome as you think it'll be. I worked there for several years and I still drive over just to sit and watch the boats. It's the only thing at Disney that hasn't lost some of its magic for me :wizard:

Club Level is fantastic, mostly because of the CMs and their hard work. When I worked there, CL gave you 50/50 chance of getting Boardwalk view- is that still correct? It's a gamble, but I think I'd do CL over guaranteed BW view. If you choose BW view, ask for top floor! Those boats get loud :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. psac

psac DIS Veteran

4. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Why don't you take the $200 you'd put toward CL and just tack on the other two nights at Boardwalk instead of looking at another resort?

5. MUFFYCAT

MUFFYCAT <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=deeppink>S

For $200 more it's worth it.:thumbsup2

We stayed CL last month and enjoyed it. But ours cost more then $200 for 5 nights.

6. Sandi

Sandi <font color=red>A proud Spartans fan!

If CL is $200 for the 5 nights, I would grab that. We're going at the beginning of March for 5 nights and CL was A LOT more than that. I couldn't justify the additional expense.

7. barefootMom

barefootMom Mouseketeer

Hi - I have been trying to find a list of the food offerings in the Innkeepers lounge but have had no luck - does anyone know if there is one? I have seen lists for most of the other CL lounges but not this one?

8. SnowWhite3

SnowWhite3 Earning My Ears

We have been thinking about changing our stay to the club level, but I wasn't able to find this info either.

9. penel3

penel3 Disney World Addict since 1994

Is Romita still with concierge at BWI, does anyone know? We absolutely love her!!!

too many WDW trips to mention, 2007 Wonder Concierge, January 2013 Wonder Concierge, March 2014 Walter E. Disney Suite (finally!!!!)

10. NuJoy

NuJoy But you won't get your new sled if she's dead

I've stayed Club Level 3 times; and unless you want that to be your Disney vacation experience, meaning you are going to eat there all day, hang out there all day, and try to make friends with the staff while there, I see zero benefit. There is not a day we are not in the parks 12-15 hours+ except for the couple occasions we come back early when Animal Kingdom closes to eat at Flying Fish, check out the boardwalk entertainment, or relax on our boardwalk view balcony, taking in the fireworks of Wishes and/or Illuminations. The one time we tried to view Illuminations fireworks from the Club Level balcony, a guest had invited all her girlfriends who were also there for a convention and there was barely enough room for our family of 4 to enjoy. Plus, the women were all tipsy, loud, and careless with speech around our little ones.

We have paid a lot of money over the years adding extras to our vacation like an illuminations cruise, CL, dessert parties, etc. What I have found is the level of Disney magic isn't always equivalent to how much you pay for something. The magic is in the atmosphere, music, smells, family, silliness, etc., collectively. Plus, some of the best experiences for shows and what-not have been when we were lucky to get great window or outdoor seating at restaurants, which have no up charge.

These are the things I would say make our vacations extra special: Deluxe/DVC room accommodations; boardwalk view; dining experiences that offer exquisite meals, shows, or one-of-a-kind atmosphere; Fantasmic! package; taxi service; park hoppers; Annual Passes (depending on deal and ability to use); and Tables In Wonderland card (depending on ability to use for 2 or more trips per year). Plus the couple years my little one did the Pirate's Cruise was adorable as heck and one day I would like to do a tour.

Gwen

11. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Flying Fish Cafe on Disney's BoardWalk is now featuring Wester Ross Salmon from the Scottish Highlands. The dish includes cucumbers from Epcot, Satur Farms Breakfast radishes, Dill & Dill Pollen, and a Vermouth-Dill-Caper-Vermont Butter Emulsion.

12. blackacex2

blackacex2 Mouseketeer

Thank you to the excellent response to my question. I think we are going to say forget club level and put the $200 toward some nice meals. I feel like I'd be bummed if I didn't get boardwalk view. Every time we visit the boardwalk and I see people up on their balconies at night I think... wow... if only I could do that someday.. and now I have the chance.

Now I have to decide if I want to spend our first two nights free at the swan on credit card points, add 2 nights to the boardwalk reservation, or try something like the grand floridian. We look forward to Disney all year, and I'm thinking about splurging!

13. WDWKOOK

When I was there last spring break, they really didn't have a list posted. Some of the dishes had signs in front of them and some didn't.

Appetizers were meat screwers, cold rice dishes - one was duck, spring rolls, cheeses, spanakopita and some others I can't recall, but maybe someone else recalls which day has which appetizer. Wine is served at 5:00.

Breakfast is cereal, pastries, sliced hard boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt and oatmeal. Cookies, gold fish crackers, gummy bears, nuts and chocolate covered pretzels are out at snack time.

Beers, sodas and yogurt were served in a tub of ice. Milk, OJ, tea, lemonade and water were in large decanters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well put, Gwen!

I think that blackacex2 asked the CL question?...We also feel that a great club level experience heavily depends on the other guests. That's not something you can control, so while one club level's view, seating, food or management might be subjectively better than an another's, the other guests can make or break the experience. When you've paid a premium to have to dine with adults who are barefoot, boisterous or in robes, swimsuits or PJs, or see improper "food handling" techniques, and CMs don't seem to care, you start to question the value of the lounge or at least we have. We've had amazing CL experiences and not so amazing, even at the same CL.

Some CL benefits are static, such as pre-arrival IPO assistance and onsite concierge assistance, having a better idea where your room will be located, having drinks and food items available throughout the day and automatic evening turn-down. But CLs can also be unpredictable when management, CMs, chefs, other guests... change each visit.

14. vtwep

vtwep DIS Veteran

Hi,

Trying to confirm that 5 guests can stay in a standard room (standard view or water view). We are traveling with friends who have three kids who will be 9, 7, and 4 during the trip and we want to stay in the same resort, possibly with connecting rooms.

I saw this on the first page of this thread:
    "STANDARD VIEW ROOMS average 434 square feet, sleep up to 5 (plus one child under 3 in a crib in all rooms)"

Saw the same thing for Water View rooms.

But I've seen sites that say "4 guests" for these rooms.

Just looking for clarification on what is correct. I tend to trust this site over others! But just want to make sure.

15. WDWKOOK

It is confusing as the Disney site lists 4 (AllEars lists 5), however, every room that has two queens and a daybed will fit 5 (plus crib) - only a King wouldn't.

16. vtwep

vtwep DIS Veteran

Perfect - thanks!!

17. lbv7

lbv7 Registered

I have personally spoken to some CL Cast Members about the issues you raised, but unfortunately the Cast Members are in a no win situation.

If they don't say anything about inappropriate behavior they run the risk of upsetting other guests, who then may start complaining themselves, writing letters to management, etc. If they do point out some inappropriate behavior to the guest who is causing the problem that guest may get offended, start complaining loudly (thereby upsetting the rest of the lounge), speak to management about a "rude" Cast Member (who will then be forced to defend himself / herself), etc. The last thing a Cast Member wants to do is argue with a guest who thinks that their "magical vacation" is being ruined by a Cast Member telling them what or what not to do.

Believe me, it might seem that some Cast Members are standing around and "doing nothing", but they really are 100% aware of what is going on in the lounge.

Yes you need to wear appropriate clothing in the lounge, but try telling a person not to wear a robe into the lounge, when the guest wearing a robe says " show me in writing where it says I can't wear a robe in here (assuming of course that they are wearing something underneath), and in my opinion a robe is appropriate clothing, so don't tell me what or what not to wear in here".

This really is a tough problem to fix when the Cast Members are trained to make all their guests happy, and for which I am afraid there will never be a good solution.

18. WDWKOOK

Yes, I know, and all your points are well taken and appreciated. Loved your robe scenario, and don't forget, "I paid a lot of money to wear this in the lounge!" This becomes a problem of guest Vs. CM and we all know that WDW is so great in part because the customer is always right and the CMs always strive to make everyone happy, which as you point out, is not possible in certain CL situations.

Some CL management/CMs promote rule enforcement and others don't. Some CLs you'll actually see management take an active role with guests and CMs and the lounge and some you'll never even know who the manager is. Every CL is a bit different and lounge rules are enforced more at some CLs than others. I've witnessed enforcement several times at one CL on various stays, so it is does happen and I've spoken to management and CL concierges about the topic (just as conversation, not as a formal complaint) and it is an unpleasant situation for many CMs.

You're right that it's a tough problem and someone will inevitably come out unhappy, but I'm still a stickler for rules and believe that if it's not behavior you'd exhibit at McDonalds, for example, and it's a CL 'rule' or state law, such as wearing footwear in the lounge, then it should be enforced for the comfort and/or safety of all guests - that's part of the CM job and what I was told by one CM. But since this isn't the case and can't possibly be enforced all the time even if they wanted, we're trying our first in years non-CL stay next month.

19. momof4minnies

momof4minnies Mouseketeer

About inappropriate clothing (or lack of) in the lounge...

This has bothered my husband and I also. Not just at Disney hotels. I thought somewhere it suggested appropriate apparel, but I can't find it. If there are "rules" and they aren't followed, I totally get the resistance if the person is approached in the lounge. Since the CM's are familiar with guests, I wonder if it would be possible for management to slip a nicely worded reminder of the rules under their door. If someone was being loud or infringing on other guests in other ways, I'm sure management has a way to deal with those situations.

I wonder if these same people would think it's okay to wear their robe (or the other questionable things they wear or not wear) to one of the restaurants in the hotel. The lounge is not an extension of their room. That being said, I do not envy the cast members having to deal with any of these touchy issues. I bet they have some great stories about "interesting" guests.

20. Bronte

Bronte DIS Veteran

In a one bedroom villa will there be a loaf pan (love baking up some warm bread)

21. momof4minnies

momof4minnies Mouseketeer

I have to say that is the cutest question I've heard on here. I'm sure more experienced Dissers would have some better ones. I can't wait to see what the answer is.

Oh by the way we will be there June 9-14. I love me some good warm bread. hehehe:goodvibes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.