(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horshampa

Horshampa Earning My Ears

Is the Concierge lounge open to everyone at the board walk or just dvc members ? I'm going in may and using my sister's dvc points for a 2 bedroom villa. Would my family and i be able to use the Concierge lounge. Thanks

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Sandi

Sandi <font color=red>A proud Spartans fan!

DH and I will be staying at BWI the first week of March. I'd like to request early housekeeping while we're there since we'll be out of the room for rope drop every day and would like to come back to the room to refresh and recharge around noontime.

Is this something I can request and, if so, with whom do I make the request?

Thanks!

4. kammom18

kammom18 Mouseketeer

Thank you for the warm welcome:thumbsup2

Much appreciated:)

5. mamaprincess

mamaprincess DIS Veteran DVC Gold

I was able to grab 2 garden/pool view studios for a 9 night stay in July for our family of 5. It will be the first time at the Boardwalk for 3 of us and the 2nd time for my youngest daughter and I. I took her for a surprise 9th birthday trip. We did a split stay with 3 nights at BLT and 4 nights at BWV and she absolutely fell in love with BWV. She requested it this trip and our twins and I also really wanted to stay there so dh had to deal lol. It took obsessively looking everyday to put 2 studios together for that length of time and during such a popular time of year. We are doing studios instead of a 2 bedroom so we can have a couple extra days.:goodvibes

6. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

The Concierge Lounge at the BWInn is not available at all to DVC members unless they book BWInn concierge rooms for cash. And you can't do that on points. It is a perk for guests who book the concierge level rooms at BWInn. Your villa will be located at the BWVillas, which is a totally separate part of the BW complex. The lobby at the BW resort connects the BWInn to the BWVillas. DVC members cannot book BWInn rooms at all with points.

The only concierge level available at a DVC resorts is AKV and that is limited to five two bedroom lockoff villas on the sixth floor at Jambo House. Those go very quickly at 11 months out.

7. psac

psac DIS Veteran

I've never heard of anyone being able to make this specific request or if it was successful. We're always rope drop folks, and it does get annoying sometimes if the rooms isn't done when we get back in the early afternoon. The only thing I could think of would be to call housekeeping every day and speficially say you're leaving now and would like service as soon as possible. Problem is you're connecting to a housekeeping call center and not the BW housekeeping, but maybe that would still work to get them to call the BW and get service sooner rather than later.

8. Deb & Bill

You know that two studios will never connect to each other, right? You and your husband will need to split up for the entire trip. Unless you have another adult (18 or older) to stay in the other studio.

9. tiger4me2

tiger4me2 DIS Veteran

I do this all the time , I call housekeeping and ask & it was granted. Sometimes if they have a big group leaving they may push it back but I never had a problem with it. But we stay club level so that may have something to do with it. But the two times I stayed regular room it was granted as well :goodvibes

10. pepe of ohio

pepe of ohio DIS Veteran

We stay in standard rooms, deluxe and alway call housekeeping and request the earliest cleaning time....always granted.... Sometimes a little later but they know that we'll be out of the room early or when they come, we'll get out so they can do their thing... Not hard at all!

11. Sandi

Sandi <font color=red>A proud Spartans fan!

Thanks! I was hopeful, but it's good to know others have had success at BWI in requesting early service.

12. psac

psac DIS Veteran

I'm happy to hear this, too! I'll have to remember that for our cash stays.

13. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Just wanted to add that we returned from an 8-night stay at WDW earlier this month (3 Poly and 5 BWI CL.) We're a rope drop family, so we're always out the door early, but we also return to the resort shortly after our lunch ADR. Without requesting anything, our room was ALWAYS clean when we returned in the early to mid afternoon. It was great - just love BWI CL! :)

14. Chrissyb8885

Chrissyb8885 Mouseketeer

Anybody know which rooms specifically have a king bed with the day bed??

Thanks!
    Chrissy

15. Deb & Bill

None at the BWVillas. Not sure about BWInn.

16. kenly777

kenly777 Mouseketeer

Just went to closing on our BWV resale! So excited to book our first trip "home" :)

17. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Congrats and welcome home.

18. kenly777

kenly777 Mouseketeer

Thank you!!!

19. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

We also bought a BWV resale in the last few years. We also own at BLT. It is nice to be so close to the parks, and the Boardwalk is so much fun at night.

20. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Enjoy and happy DVC planning!

21. barefootMom

barefootMom Mouseketeer

Hi,
    I have just booked Boardwalk Inn standard room for a week in April for my family. We have never stayed there before and I keep second guessing if I made the right choice. We want to try Epcot area and have stayed at the Yacht Club before but my husband wanted to try something different and thinks our girls (8 and 11) will like the Boardwalk. I am trying to keep money down a little which is why I booked standard room but now keep reading about horrible views and endless corridors. Will I hate a standard view or are there some areas that are ok? Should I put in some sort of request? Are any of them near the main pool? I wish I could just stay CL and yet that is quite a jump in price....
    Can anyone help me not be nervous about my choice? thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.