(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tara2004

Tara2004 Mouseketeer

We are staying here in 2 weeks. This thread looks great. So excited, never stayed at deluxe before. We went through DVC too. We have a son at 5 years and a daughter at 8.5 years. Looking to see what room to request.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Sandi

Sandi A proud Spartans fan.

I just wanted to add that the bus stop is not needed for DHS and Epcot. For those two parks, you can walk or take a boat. For us, the location of the bus stop in relation to rooms at BW is just not relevant.

4. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Was it for a studio for the first week in April? If so, it may have been my cancellation.

5. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

Disney fan who has stayed 35+ times. Never stayed at BWI and considering CL for my dd 18 bday. (Dh and DS have ok'd mom n daughter trip). I have stayed atrium club at CR and SL at GF. We loved those! We are monorail girls but price this Easter is way high. I found somewhere there is tea service and sweets 2:30p-4p(?). Can someone confirm this? Any tips for experienced park people just new to BWI?

Thanks!

6. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Sounds fun!! We've stayed both atrium club at CR and CL at BWI. I know this thread will disagree with me, but we preferred the CR atrium club. In response to your park tips....WALK! :) It's so nice to be able to walk to Epcot and DHS. We also tried to adjust our days so we would maybe spend a morning in EPCOT and then we could just take the monorail from the front of the park over to MK. This reduced having to use the busses a lot. The busses at the Epcot resorts frustrate me because they are often shared between BWI, BC, YC, Swan and Dolphin which either means having to stop at multiple resorts after you're picked up, or being the final stop, but having full busses arrive and not having room to get on.

7. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

We stayed as a family at BLT 11/12. We prefer to walk vs WAITING for transportation and that location was great for MK. One of dd favorite things is to ride monorail so walking into Epcot and riding monorail to MK is definitely something we will do.
    Thanks for advice.

8. shan136

shan136 Mouseketeer

We did a similar one at CBR on our first trip. My DD was 5 and my nephews were 4 and 7. They loved it!!! Although we weren't able to go on the cruise with them they weren't far from the shore where we were. It's still one of our DDs highlights from that trip.

9. CammelleandBre

CammelleandBre Mouseketeer

Hi, everyone! Me and my princess, will be at the Boardwalk June 2-9. For our first stay at this resort. I'm sure this thread will be full of valuable information. Look foward to chatting with you guys.

10. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

:welcome: I hope you have a great vacation!

:welcome:
    I know that AllEars shows "tea and sweets from 3 - 4:30," however, when I stayed there last March, the Innkeeper's Club sheet they gave me shows "Refreshments from 11:30 - 4". I don't recall a tea service like at GF, for example, but maybe I wasn't there from 3 - 4:30:scratchin

No, the entire thread doesn't disagree with you;). Walking is great advice:thumbsup2

:welcome: and it's great to have you on the BoardWalk!

11. tiger4me2

tiger4me2 DIS Veteran

The lounge a the bWI doesn't have a tea party like at the GF (which is not in the lounge but on main floor)

But you can have tea & cookies in the lounge at the BWI at 2PM to about 4PM . It is a great resort & club level and close to Epcot & DHS :)

12. northeast33

northeast33 Earning My Ears

this sounds like a great idea....

do you have to go the park to get to the front or can you somehow walk around?

13. cpfd910

cpfd910 Disney Veteran

First visit to Boardwalk Villas will be arriving on Sunday anything I should be aware of

Thanks to all who reply

14. Seabean

Seabean Mouseketeer

This is a belated post, but we stayed at the BWI in a deluxe room overlooking the Boardwalk last spring.

The good:

The balcony view: we've had Park view at the CR and Lagoon view at the GF, and this was even better than those.

The room size: family of six - and we had plenty of space.

Concierge lounge: good breakfast and evening foods. Not much for lunch, but we ate lunch at the parks during our stay. Helpful staff especially Lorenzo.

Nice walk to Epcot, especially in the evening. Nice boat ride to Hollywood studios.

The pool: very nice and a fun atmosphere.

The bad:

What's up with the lack of elevators? You have to endlessly walk down long hallways. This seems to be the biggest common complaint here.

Looking forward to being back this summer!

15. Seabean

Seabean Mouseketeer

One more thing... someone had posted pics of the Luna pool under renovation, but I can't fins them.

Anyone have a link? Thanks.

16. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

The Luna pool is still closed for renovation, or at least it was last Sunday. :)

17. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

Thanks for advise/recommendations. I found the new Coconino Cove club level at CS for the week we will be there. At passholder rate of $228/night for club level service I couldn't refuse. We are transferring last day to YC cl due to pool ;) I have been known to change ressies so ya never know. Does anyone know if club levels still have gold keys? That rfid thing still a mystery to me.
    Thanks again!

18. Pete W.

Pete W. DIS Veteran

19. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

You have to go through the park, which means you have to have park hoppers :thumbsup2

20. kammom18

kammom18 Mouseketeer

My family of 4 is headed to BWV in November in a 1 BR for our very 1st stay on Disney property.::yes::

We are very excited and looking forward to our trip. I love what I have read so far on this thread. :love:

Looking forward to more reports, more pictures, tips etc.:yay:

21. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

:welcome: to the thread and congratulations on booking your first onsite stay! Happy planning, kammom18:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.