(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MUFFYCAT

MUFFYCAT <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=deeppink>S

Those pictures are fantastic! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Wonderful pictures, thank you for sharing.

4. MomToPrincePhillip

MomToPrincePhillip Mouseketeer

Yes. Thank you so much for sharing you pics. They are wonderful.

5. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

You're welcome, Besides what AirGoofy mentioned, we just love walking right over to Epcot - so many great choices!

:beach:

Thanks for the great advice!

Thank you for all your wonderful photos and TR. Did you still stay at Jambo CL? You know that you've officially entered the Resort Changer ranks:laughing:. Isn't it exciting changing on-site? Great choice:thumbsup2

Have a great vacation!!

6. MMrules

MMrules DIS Veteran

7. WDWKOOK

You guys are really going to get a whopper of a storm. I hope you don't lose power and stay safe and warm.

8. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

It was my most exciting resort change ever! We entirely cancelled AKL so that we could continue our BWI stay. I would have booked it 3/Poly and 5/BWI in the first place, but my husband wanted some time away from the parks over the weekend. That's why we originally booked AKL for the end of the trip. But when we arrived, we remembered how much we love BWI CL, and the proximity to Epcot and all those dining options just can't be beat. So happy we decided to make the change. You're right - fun to start thinking of it, then discussing it, then reaching consensus of five family members on the change, then waiting to see if they had availability and could apply our AP discount. And then we received a call from Pete during our dinner at Bluezoo saying that it was all going to work out. :)

9. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken DIS Veteran

Dreaming of Disney only 68 more days :cool1: Happy thoughts while a massive blizzard rages out my window... oh spring hurry up!

10. psac

psac DIS Veteran

Thanks for your pics here and on the Poly thread. I have your three planned stays spread out throughout the year (except BWV instead of BWI, but close enough. :) )

11. Pink Flamingo

Pink Flamingo <font color=FF66FF>Think Pink!!!<br><font color=CC

Thanks for the amazing photos & TR pixarmom! You've gotten me even more excited for our 1st BWI stay.

12. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken DIS Veteran

Does the BWI have a ride on carousel for the kids? I keep looking for this info...

13. PrincessSuzanne

PrincessSuzanne <font color=red>Guess I will be eating crow tonigh

No, the carousel is just a small display in the lobby

14. Notso

Notso Mouseketeer

We just got back from a wonderful week in rooms 4040/4042 (2br lock off) They looked out onto the Luna park pool, we're close to the elevators, and very convenient. We found the walks to DHS and EPCOT to be very easy and the boardwalk itself a blast! I think we'll try to stay at this resort from now on!

15. psac

psac DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed it!!!

16. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

Was there any noise from the refurbishment of the pool? That is my only concern for my next trip. I don't mind overlooking the pool while they are working on it, but I'd rather it wouldn't be super noisy with construction.

17. Cinderella1122

Cinderella1122 DVC member since 2008

Hi Everyone :wave2:

My DVC waitlist just came through and I will be staying at BWV for 4 nights in April. This is my first time at the resort. I cannot wait to read the thread and take in everything the resort has to offer!

18. WDWKOOK

I'll have to note that on the first page - thanks and welcome home:)

How exciting! Let us know if you have any questions and happy planning!

19. Horshampa

Horshampa Earning My Ears

I was going to book this for my son(5) and daughter(9) ? Has anyone ever done this ? Did your kids like it ? and Any other info would be great.

20. NewJersey04

NewJersey04 Earning My Ears

for the end of Sept. Standard room. hubs and 3 kids 4,6,8. 1st time for BWI, I normally request a room by the big pool and close to a bus stop. Will that apply for BWI?

From the pics in this thread, looks like the kids will have fun with the slide!! I can't wait!!

21. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

The BWI rooms aren't as close to the themed pool as the BWvillas are. You are on the opposite side of the building. Plus there is only one bus stop, but that is on the BWI side of the entrance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.