(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwifan

bwifan Mouseketeer

Ask for view of the quiet pool, that is if you're staying on the inn side. Very peaceful, beautiful. You have the fountain, the roses, the pool, etc. sometimes a view of illuminations.

Or is standard and garden considered different? I can't remember. When we go standard we always get view of quiet pool. Were we just lucky?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. sfbank

sfbank DIS Veteran

Kerry-Like Nascargirl said-1 day! 1 day! That is not even right!:scratchin How do we do this every year?:confused3

4. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

:yay:

They don't have a Garden View booking anymore. Standard View can be of the garden, pool or parking lot. CL STD (non-suite) rooms are the same way - can be a BW, pool or garden view, unless you're in a Deluxe room which are only BW views.

5. PolyAddict

PolyAddict Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Pool view sounds perfect! Thanks for the advice, did you have a balcony?

6. vdub322

vdub322 Are we there yet?

Not sure if anyone has posted more up-to-date info about the pool refurb yet, but we are here right now and there is a golf cart taking people back and forth to Stormalong Bay from the sidewalk area behind Community Hall. The refurb started Monday and we had no problems catching a ride to and from the Beach Club yesterday.

Also, we booked a standard view 1 BR on our points and I requested "high floor, across from bus stop" and that's exactly what we got. Room 4117 looks right out on the bridge and stream leading into the resort and we have an unobstructed view of Illuminations every night.

7. WDWKOOK

:wave:
    I did post that, but it's always great to have closures/rehabs repeated - thanks.

Glad you got just the location you asked for. Hope you're having a wonderful vacation with low crowds and great weather!

8. jamerican

jamerican Disney Addict

Help me please...I just found out that I am going to BWV in October! YEAH! I am staying on points...what I am dreaming of is a view of Spaceship Earth with possibly some fireworks :) I know, but as long as I am dreaming! I am staying in a preferred view studio...does anyone have some room number suggestions I can request...and can I call and put in my requests? Or does the DVC member need to do that. I have only stayed one other time, in March 2011 - I turned *gulp* 40 in Disney :) and I stayed at OKW on points. I called the resort and requested which buildings I preferred then. I wasn't sure of anything had changed or if BWV was different...let the dreaming and planning begin!! :cloud9:

9. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

You can't make any requests until you possibly do online check in. Then you can check the boxes, but not make general requests. The member will need to add those to your reservation, you can't call to add those.

Since you are pool/garden preferred, more than likely you will have a view of one of the pools and that won't give you Spaceship Earth. You might see some fireworks/lasers from DHS, though.

10. rosiegmendez

rosiegmendez Mouseketeer

We may stay BWI standard room, are a family of 5, so one of the kiddos will definitely be sleeping in the daybed each night.

How comfortable are they? How do they fold out? Are there videos or pictures out there somewhere showing it?

Thanks

11. WDWKOOK

No one in our party has every slept on it, but they're about the size of a loveseat:

[​IMG]

12. JessiBelle22

JessiBelle22 Mouseketeer

That's exactly what I wanted to watch or see. Lol But I have yet to find any photos or video! Will you post a link if you come across anything?!

13. rosiegmendez

rosiegmendez Mouseketeer

Sure will. I'll try posting on the main resort page to see if I get a response.

14. WDWKOOK

The photo I posted above is the daybed. Here is a larger photo of the daybed:

[​IMG]

Here's a link to a BWI STD Room video tour (I couldn't find any with the daybed actually being used by someone):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzGlYNE0HgY

15. jenneth79

jenneth79 DIS Veteran

Ha... I was about to post the SAME picture.....either we ended up with the same room or the rooms are identical down to the pictures :)

The daybed as a couch / loveseat was pretty comfortable, but we also had no use for it as a bed.

16. MUFFYCAT

MUFFYCAT <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=deeppink>S

We were there earlier in the month and my DD18 slept on the day bed with no problem. It was bigger then I expected.

17. WDWKOOK

That photo I quickly extracted from Pinterest LOL. Thanks for posting about your daybed experience:)

Thanks, MUFFYCAT for letting us know that your DD18 slept on it just fine:)

18. marmar

marmar Mouseketeer

I've been at the end of forever at the Yacht Club and the BWI. Once I learned the secret path thru the quiet pool courtyard it wasn't bad.

One time we were the very last room at club level. You had to stop and get something to eat and drink at the lounge to make it. popcorn::

We've also been the farthest room at Kidani Village. At least you don't have a lot of traffic past your room at 1:00am:moped:

19. JessiBelle22

JessiBelle22 Mouseketeer

Thank you so much!! :-)

20. bwifan

bwifan Mouseketeer

Yes, we have gotten a full balcony every time but once.

21. WDWKOOK

:lmao:
    I love how your room glass is half full: no noise at Kidani, snacks on the way back to your room at YC... Next you'll tell us there wasn't housekeeping to bother you since you were too far out:laughing:

You're welcome. I know it's frustrating when you can't picture something about your upcoming trip, but I couldn't find an 'in-use' BWI daybed photo - would Poly work? JK:rotfl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.