(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask what the noise issue you had was?

Sure, the first room we were given was the very last one on the 4th floor. A very looooong walk from the elevator. But, I was ok with that because I booked a standard view. But, when on the balcony (which is very important to me) there was a noise coming from below. It was from behind a solid fence with many trees in front of it so I couldn't see what was causing the noise. It sounded like possibly a generator from some sort of construction. I felt it was intrusive to relaxing on the balcony or trying to talk on my cel phone. The next am I could hear it through the balcony door around 6:00 a.m.

We requested a move and we were moved the next afternoon. It was a small hasstle loading the suitcases up and moving them to bell services to wait for the second room but it was definitely worth the move. Much quieter location two doors from the CL lounge and I didn't hear the noise from the balcony.

I asked if anyone knew what was causing this noise a few posts back but no one really responded. I wish I knew if it is a permanent noise or temporary because there would be quite a few rooms affected by this. I walked around the grounds under our original room and I could see where we would not have been the only ones to hear it. I will say that some may not mind, but coming from the cold in Ohio the balcony is a big plus on our January trips:)

tinkbyday said:
We are considering a BWV stay rather than the Inn for December - I've read some negative reviews that the rooms are in need of a refurb - would love to hear some feedback from those who have recently stayed, are they okay or in need? We are thinking of a 1 bedroom.

Also, are the showers separate from the tubs in the 1 bedroom?

We did a split stay at SSR & BWV. I thought both were about the same. Very nice, clean and comfortable. They say ssr is bigger but I didn't notice any difference. We did have issues with the toilets in two of the rooms at bwv but someone came and fixed it. The couch at bwv was more comfortable than ssr. We are already planning out next trip for bwv.

The showers are separate from the tub.

Deb & Bill said:
If you are booking on points, you start about a week or so before the first night you need. Then the next day you dropthe first day and add another day, until you get the days you need. Members sometimes to this for hard to get reservations.

So if you were booking Jan 1, you start today and book Dec 24 through Dec 30. Tomorrow you drop Dec 24 and add Dec 31. The next day you drop Dec 25 and add Jan 1. And so on.

If you have a reservation already booked, does this give you a better chance of getting the next day compared to someone who is booking a new reservation?

cjnix29 said:
We are so excited!! Booked it through RCI, so not sure what we will end up with. What can I request? I know I do NOT want to be first floor. Can I even request this as it's an RCI reservation? We are going in June, never done that before, so worried about crowds, but we will deal with that. We have stayed in a studio before, but only for two nights before a BLT check in. We just love the location of the Boardwalk, can't beat it!! We could have gotten a 2BR at VWL, but went for the location over space. Love reading through this thread!!

Can I ask why you don't want 1 st floor? We just came back and stayed on the 1st floor and loved it.
Im planning a trip for next year and wanted first floor but maybe we should try something different.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

What category do you have to be booked to request Village Green? Thank you!

Village Green would be pool/garden - Preferred on points, but not BW view.

We are considering a BWV stay rather than the Inn for December - I've read some negative reviews that the rooms are in need of a refurb - would love to hear some feedback from those who have recently stayed, are they okay or in need? We are thinking of a 1 bedroom.

The BWV were renovated about three years ago. The theme is more like Grandma's summer beach home than upscale adult only resort. The tub is a jacuzzi type tube in the area next to the master bedroom. The shower is in the same space as the toilet (but the toilet may have a door separating it from the shower area - some of the villas do and some don't. They all start looking the same after a while.

If you have a reservation already booked, does this give you a better chance of getting the next day compared to someone who is booking a new reservation?

If you have already booked the day before, it kind of gives you a lock on the next day as well. That's why walking the reservation (as much of a pain in the patootie as it is) works pretty well. It just depends on how far out you have to walk it.

Can I ask why you don't want 1 st floor? We just came back and stayed on the 1st floor and loved it.
Im planning a trip for next year and wanted first floor but maybe we should try something different.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

First floor rooms always freak me out, no matter where we stay. I don't like seeing the people walking past my window. Personal preference.

The shower, toilet, and small (but not tiny) sink are in one room, the hot tub and master sink are in a separate room, that latter room is separated from the bedroom by a slatted window pass through that can be opened or closed. The shower/toilet room also has a separate exit to the living room so there can be privacy between the two sink areas.

We love the 1BR, my wife takes over the master sink and I use the sink in the room with the toilet. The king bed is very comfortable. Overall it's a lot of room, makes us feel relaxed.

First floor rooms always freak me out, no matter where we stay. I don't like seeing the people walking past my window. Personal preference.

We're the same way, we wouldn't want first floor either for the same reason you give.

psac said:
We're the same way, we wouldn't want first floor either for the same reason you give.

We had a garden view first floor and no walkway for people to walk by it was fab

The BWV were renovated about three years ago. The theme is more like Grandma's summer beach home than upscale adult only resort. The tub is a jacuzzi type tube in the area next to the master bedroom. The shower is in the same space as the toilet (but the toilet may have a door separating it from the shower area - some of the villas do and some don't. They all start looking the same after a while.

I didn't realize that some have the split master bath and others don't, the layout on the member site shows it as split. I wonder if there is any way to find out which are which as I do like the split when we are maxing out a room.

cjnix29 said:

Yes I can see that. Also if your by the pool you have to keep your curtain closed. I like the first floor because I like being able to walk right out to the pool. Like your own backyard.

I didn't realize that some have the split master bath and others don't, the layout on the member site shows it as split. I wonder if there is any way to find out which are which as I do like the split when we are maxing out a room.

No, what I was saying as at VWL, there is no door that separates the toilet from the shower/sink area. At SSR and BCV, there is a door that separates the toilet from the shower, but you have to enter by the shower to get to the toilet. At OKW, the shower and toilet are in the same space and the tub is in separate space. At BLT, the shower and toilet are in the same space with a rolling door between them and the sink/tub area.

Yes I can see that. Also if your by the pool you have to keep your curtain closed. I like the first floor because I like being able to walk right out to the pool. Like your own backyard.

But you can't lock the patio door, so anyone can enter that way. Plus the patios are usually surrounded by shrubbery of some type and you really aren't supposed to walk through the shrubbery.

No, what I was saying as at VWL, there is no door that separates the toilet from the shower/sink area. At SSR and BCV, there is a door that separates the toilet from the shower, but you have to enter by the shower to get to the toilet. At OKW, the shower and toilet are in the same space and the tub is in separate space. At BLT, the shower and toilet are in the same space with a rolling door between them and the sink/tub area.

BWV seems to be the same layout as OKW unless I'm missing something.

when we were smokers, at the value and moderate resorts, sometimes we asked for 1st floor, since it was quicker to get to a DSA. not our problem anymore!!!:cool1: (ooh, I missed our anniversary, yesterday was 2 years smoke free!).
anyway, the one time we stayed at BWV, we had a 1st floor. we were disapointed. the patio was actually VERY private. it was a standard view, so we overlooked the driveway going into the lobby. there is such a wide expanse of lawn there, we never saw anyone!

but, we prefer a balcony. just for the view (whatever that might be) and the whole fee l of a balcony.

at beach club villas we had a balcony overlooking the villas pool (actually, that canal, and the pool to the side) and is was great!

everytime we walked from the pool area into the villas building, I would look at the patio of the room just to the right of the walkway. their patio was like INCHES from the main walkway into the building. I thought "oh ugh, would I hate that room.

I noticed some other rooms I wouldn't want. (it's a good thing to look around and notice these, for future reference;)) when you left the villas building and walked kinda through a courtyard to the Beach club building you walk through a walkway with a lattice wall to your left. and through that lattice wall, you can see about 5? patios. their patios are inches from this lattice all. not only noisy and peopel walking by, but claustrophobic, too. yuck!

when we were smokers, at the value and moderate resorts, sometimes we asked for 1st floor, since it was quicker to get to a DSA. not our problem anymore!!!:cool1: (ooh, I missed our anniversary, yesterday was 2 years smoke free!).
ck!

Congrats on the smoke free anniversary. Been over 12 years for me.

BWV seems to be the same layout as OKW unless I'm missing something.

Yeah, you are missing something. It's much closer to VWL, SSR, BCV than OKW. It is just that sometimes the toilet has a door between it and the rest of the space.

Really trying to decide between VWL and BWV one bedroom for summer. Both are available and I have VWL booked. I just think our girls would really enjoy the pool at BWV a little more and we just stayed at VWL for Xmas.

Questions on BWV- Boardwalk View vs Pool view. How far are we from the pool if we get a Boardwalk View??

Our girls are ages 9 and 13. At VWL they would go down to Roaring Forks or store for a snack together and I felt comfortable with that. Boardwalk seems so spread out and it looks like there is no where to get something to eat without going outside of the resort. Is this true? Does the store have snacks?
If we are doing a pool day...where do we get counter service type of food? Also- love the pool parties in the afternoons. Does BWV have these?? Thanks for any info!

Hello,

I need to know what type of coffee or pods to bring on my upcoming stay in a 1 BR Villa. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter