1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lililoo12

lililoo12 Mouseketeer

Yes they are fabulous and are boardwalk view. 5 on the 4 the floor and 5 on the 3 rd so you may not be close to the lounge. We were in rm 4257 and it was perfect.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

For a view of Illuminations, you'd have to be booked in a STD CL room (or STD room) and request an Epcot/Illuminations view. The Epcot view rooms face the garden and quiet pool area and are on the opposite side of the Inn from the BW/Crescent Lake view rooms. You can also see Illuminations from the CL lounge balcony.

4. gometros

gometros <font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an

I think it depends on the size or weight of the package. We paid $10 in the fall for a package of coconut water we ordered from Amazon.

5. bksomody

bksomody Mouseketeer

We just got back from our first stay at bwv and we LOVED it. We're already planning our next trip.
    We stayed by the quiet pool 1 st floor. You can cut through the pool and get right to the boardwalk where the coffee stand is. It's so nice sitting on the boardwalk in the morning with a cup of coffee.
    I loved the 1 st floor. There are exit doors at the end of the halls that leads right to the pool, which is steps from the boardwalk. Plus it was only a few steps to the HS walkway.
    Enjoy..

6. bksomody

bksomody Mouseketeer

Any thoughts on how far in advance I need to book a 2br suite at the villas for 1/1/14 stay for 7 night?
    We went this year but had to do a split stay b/c the bwv wasn't available the whole week and I DO NOT want to switch hotels again. With a family of 5, packing and unpacking was to much.

7. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

11 months if you are using points, possibly walking the reservation. Cash? It might not be available.

8. bksomody

bksomody Mouseketeer

I'm not sure what you mean by walking the reservation.

9. Deb & Bill

If you are booking on points, you start about a week or so before the first night you need. Then the next day you dropthe first day and add another day, until you get the days you need. Members sometimes to this for hard to get reservations.

So if you were booking Jan 1, you start today and book Dec 24 through Dec 30. Tomorrow you drop Dec 24 and add Dec 31. The next day you drop Dec 25 and add Jan 1. And so on.

10. bksomody

bksomody Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great advice.

11. cjnix29

cjnix29 DIS Veteran

We are so excited!! Booked it through RCI, so not sure what we will end up with. What can I request? I know I do NOT want to be first floor. Can I even request this as it's an RCI reservation? We are going in June, never done that before, so worried about crowds, but we will deal with that. We have stayed in a studio before, but only for two nights before a BLT check in. We just love the location of the Boardwalk, can't beat it!! We could have gotten a 2BR at VWL, but went for the location over space. Love reading through this thread!!

12. annej

annej <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

We are staying at the BWI water view in March. WOndering if I can request a king bed? And also, are there ground floor rooms - i assume these would be on the boardwalk? I don't really want to end up on the ground floor so I want to make that request if it is possible to have a ground floor room.
    TIA!

13. Deb & Bill

More than likely you will have a pool/garden view. So either one of the two pools at BWV. I'd take the leisure pool (or oftenly called the quiet pool because it isn't themed) instead of Luna Park (the themed pool) because Luna Park tends to be noisier.

14. LSUfan4444

LSUfan4444 DIS Veteran

I wish I had a better view on my phone, but we stayed in room 3007. A 2 BR villa with a Boardwalk View. We were directly above the DVC model until on the boardwalk next to the Big River Grill and we had a nightly view of the fireworks from Illuminations from our balcony. If we stepped on to the balcony, we could even hear the music from the boardwalk. It's kinda hard to tell in this photo (some friends we went with showing off their Goofy and Kids Race bling) but just over the woman's left shoulder is ESPN and in the middle is Spaceship Earth.

The fireworks from Illuminations would appear nightly just over where she is standing.

Obviously, it isn't everything in the show, but could still see alot.

[​IMG]

15. Mickey'sApprentice

Mickey'sApprentice Shamelessly demand, it works bette

Does anyone have pics of the boardwalk bakery since the refurb started? Wanted to see how it's going.

16. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Just wanted to pop in to say hi, we leave early tomorrow morning for a week in a Boardwalk view studio. :cloud9: We're hoping for lowish crowds, beautiful weather and a laid-back week.

I'll post pictures of the villa and view when we get there. Let me know if anyone has any questions (about Boardwalk or otherwise) you'd like me to try to get answers for while I'm there.

Thanks to everyone who participates in this thread, it's such an invaluable resource and really makes me excited to go "home" to Boardwalk.

17. cruella4me64

cruella4me64 Mouseketeer

What category do you have to be booked to request Village Green? Thank you!

18. tinkbyday

tinkbyday DIS Veteran

We are considering a BWV stay rather than the Inn for December - I've read some negative reviews that the rooms are in need of a refurb - would love to hear some feedback from those who have recently stayed, are they okay or in need? We are thinking of a 1 bedroom.

Also, are the showers separate from the tubs in the 1 bedroom?

19. gogo

gogo DIS Veteran

We just came back last week from a stay at the BWI. We stayed in 2 different rooms on the 4th floor standard CL. Moved from the first room due to some noise issue. Both rooms were in very good condition (IMO). I didn't notice any stains on the carpet or couch and the furniture looked to be in good shape. Also, the bathrooms in both rooms appeared clean. The grout in the tub area of both rooms looked white with no apparent stains, which is always a good thing.

I've also read where some have posted a musty smell. I didn't notice any odor at all while in the rooms or hallway. Of course, I can't speak for all locations within the hotel, but everywhere I went within the hotel, I didn't notice this. It is such a lovely resort.

20. Bellabully

Bellabully Official Disney Addict

The rooms are in fair condition, I would prefer BWV for the extra space it will provide, and if you are doing 1 bedroom the full kitchen is a nice option. The shower in the 1 bedroom is separate from the tub, the tub is in a dressing room area and the shower and toilet are next to it, you can close the door between them (pictures available through link at the beginning of this thread).
    Enjoy you trip!

21. lindsroc

lindsroc DIS Veteran

Can I ask what the noise issue you had was?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.