(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ont/ohana

ont/ohana Proud SSR owner

Hi ! We are pretty sure we were on the same tour with you! We have two teenage girls.
    We like the tour and hope more resorts with history offer this extra insight into our favorite place to be!:)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. HARASW

HARASW <font color=red>DisneyWorld Addict<br><font color=

You will have a wonderful time! The Innkeeper's Club is made up of the most wonderful CMs that Disney has to offer!

4. HARASW

Hi, again! Yes, I was the one with a son and daughter. We met and spoke for a bit in the lounge before the tour. Glad you got home safely. Maybe we'll meet again at the BWI and take the updated tour!

5. HARASW

I was at the BWI for the first time during Food and Wine this year. The hotel and lounge were a bit busier. But, nothing that would make your stay any less enjoyable. No craziness!

6. SteveandAli511

SteveandAli511 Earning My Ears

DW and I talked about it and decided that for our first anniversary our present to ourselves would be two nights at the Boardwalk smack dab in the middle of May!

We're extremely excited as we always love spending time on the Boardwalk and plan to do even more of that now that we'll be staying there! We plan on trying to catch up on this thread (just a tad bit daunting) to find out some tips but the most important to us is trying to find the best standard room possible.

We'd love some suggestions (from the research we've done so far we think we'd go upper floor facing Epcot, if it's available) to what is the best view/location available.

We're lucky enough to be spending six nights beforehand at Bonnet Creek for free as a gift from a family friend and going to BWI was our end of vacation treat as we love to stay on property, even if only for a night!

Thanks for any and all help and we'll definitely be subscribing to stay up-to-date on all the goings on here!

7. JessiBelle22

JessiBelle22 Mouseketeer

Thank you! :-) Would you happen to have any other advice that might be beneficial to me? I've tried to go through most of these posts on this thread ... But it's a lot to read! Lol So, I might be asking a repeated question. Either way, thanks!

September 2013 WDW! :-)

8. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Beer Cheese Soup
    Big River Grille & Brewing Works - Disney's Boardwalk Resort

3/4 cup butter
    1/2 cup diced celery
    1/2 cup flour
    5 cups chicken stock
    2 tablespoons Parmesan Romano Cheese
    1/2 cup diced carrots
    1/2 cup diced onion
    1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
    6 ounces cheddar cheese
    1 bottle (11 oz size) beer
    salt and pepper to taste
    1. Melt butter in a pot.
    2. Sauté vegetables until they are done but not browned.
    3. Blend in the flour and the dry mustard.
    4. Slowly add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Then cook while stirring for 5 minutes.
    5. Blend in cheddar cheese, Parmesan-Romano cheese and beer.
    6. Let simmer over low heat for approximately 30 minutes.
    7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

9. WDWKOOK

Thank you for posting your review!

Welcome and I, too would make that same request for a Std. Room. The rooms that have Epcot views, like of the Eiffel Tower, are Garden View rooms, but the CM will know exactly what you want if you request an Epcot View. Have fun planning!

10. lindsroc

lindsroc DIS Veteran

Great, thank you for your reply!

11. Belle72

Belle72 Mouseketeer

Will ESPN or Big River Grille do take out orders?

12. BWVNUT

BWVNUT Growing Older is Mandatory; Growing Up is Optional

Big River definitely does; I was eating at the counter this Wednesday and someone came in and got a to go order...I'd image ESPN would as well, but I can't say for sure.

:goodvibes

13. Belle72

Belle72 Mouseketeer

Oh good! thank you!!

14. lbv7

lbv7 Registered

You can take out anything on the menu from ESPN but note that there is an automatic 18% service charge that is added to the bill.
    This never made sense to me since you wern't sitting in the restaurant and getting served, but if you really want to take out the food you have no choice but to pay the 18%.

15. Pink Flamingo

Pink Flamingo <font color=FF66FF>Think Pink!!!<br><font color=CC

Great info! Thanks!

Hmmm, I wonder if it's the same for Big River.

16. WDWKOOK

New (late?) breakfast option for those staying on the BW: The newly renovated bakery in France (next to the movie theater) will now open at 0900.

"So you can sip a latte with a chocolate croissant to start the day . . . or a cappuccino with a chaussons au pomme (apple turnover) . . . or an espresso with an éclair. And that’s just a taste of the expansive new menu that offers classic French goodies all day long."

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ampaign=Feed:+DisneyParks+(Disney+Parks+Blog)

17. artemis908

artemis908 EPCOTnaut

I keep on hearing that the halls at BWI are very long and there is only one way to get to the boardwalk/boats/buses -- the lobby. I am trying to figure out what room requests to make, I think I want to request an Epcot view, but will that mean I should expect a long walk to get out to the parks?

18. gojoe

gojoe DIS Veteran

Plenty of exits, just one elevator. The kids feel like we're taking a secret passage. If you have the time just follow the exit signs.

19. artemis908

artemis908 EPCOTnaut

What about stairs? Is there a way to take stairs at a different part of the hotel and end up outside?

20. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

We stayed in the section that is closest to the Epcot side of the resort. Because the restaurants all face the boardwalk, the stairs in our section only opened in one spot, near the Flying Fish restaurant, close to the lobby section. I don't think there are any stairways that exit on the section of Boardwalk that has all the stores and restaurants.

21. elgerber

elgerber <font color=deeppink>Sometimes you gotta bite the

Yes there are no exits out on the Boardwalk side. There are however, several exits out the back side of the resort, at least on the villas side

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.