(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back a few hours ago, and I wanted to share some information about the tour. I was glad to see that a post was already here.

This tour will only be given, for now, in January and will resume in March. Anyone who is interested, should check at the front desk to be sure that the tour will be given on the planned days of the week. This week, the days were changed. No notice was given and the flyers still had the original days listed. It was only by chance, that I was speaking with a cast member and she mentioned the change to me.

My group was made up of 15 guests, which seemed to be the largest group, yet. It was a fun, curious group and we enjoyed each other's company and questions. The tour was given by a CL CM who is sweet and spoke making sure that everyone could hear her. I won't give too many details. I will say that it was a nice, 25 minute tour. I did learn a few things that I didn't know. But, for those like me, who are very familiar with the hotel, I don't know if I would recommend it, the way it is given now.

At the end of the tour, we were given some ice cream samples at the sweet shop on the Boardwalk. We were also given a survey to fill out, which will help them decide the best time to give the tour and what information needs to be changed to make the tour better.

All in all, if you have some free time, take the tour.

Hi ! We are pretty sure we were on the same tour with you! We have two teenage girls.
We like the tour and hope more resorts with history offer this extra insight into our favorite place to be!:)

Woo-hoo! Just booked BWI CL for the Princess Half Marathon weekend. :woohoo: Can't wait! I love the Boardwalk, and I've always wanted to stay club level.

You will have a wonderful time! The Innkeeper's Club is made up of the most wonderful CMs that Disney has to offer!

Hi ! We are pretty sure we were on the same tour with you! We have two teenage girls.
We like the tour and hope more resorts with history offer this extra insight into our favorite place to be!:)

Hi, again! Yes, I was the one with a son and daughter. We met and spoke for a bit in the lounge before the tour. Glad you got home safely. Maybe we'll meet again at the BWI and take the updated tour!

We are staying at BWI oct 26-2 nov.... Should we expect craziness given that it will be Food and Wine festival??

I was at the BWI for the first time during Food and Wine this year. The hotel and lounge were a bit busier. But, nothing that would make your stay any less enjoyable. No craziness!

DW and I talked about it and decided that for our first anniversary our present to ourselves would be two nights at the Boardwalk smack dab in the middle of May!

We're extremely excited as we always love spending time on the Boardwalk and plan to do even more of that now that we'll be staying there! We plan on trying to catch up on this thread (just a tad bit daunting) to find out some tips but the most important to us is trying to find the best standard room possible.

We'd love some suggestions (from the research we've done so far we think we'd go upper floor facing Epcot, if it's available) to what is the best view/location available.

We're lucky enough to be spending six nights beforehand at Bonnet Creek for free as a gift from a family friend and going to BWI was our end of vacation treat as we love to stay on property, even if only for a night!

Thanks for any and all help and we'll definitely be subscribing to stay up-to-date on all the goings on here!

Kerrio929 said:
We stayed in a standard inn side room and the sofa bed was more twin looking. The back of the sofa rolled forward to make the bed instead of the traditional folded up full size bed. We never slept on it but it seemed comfy when we checked it out

Thank you! :-) Would you happen to have any other advice that might be beneficial to me? I've tried to go through most of these posts on this thread ... But it's a lot to read! Lol So, I might be asking a repeated question. Either way, thanks!

September 2013 WDW! :-)

Beer Cheese Soup
Big River Grille & Brewing Works - Disney's Boardwalk Resort

3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup flour
5 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons Parmesan Romano Cheese
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
6 ounces cheddar cheese
1 bottle (11 oz size) beer
salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in a pot.
2. Sauté vegetables until they are done but not browned.
3. Blend in the flour and the dry mustard.
4. Slowly add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Then cook while stirring for 5 minutes.
5. Blend in cheddar cheese, Parmesan-Romano cheese and beer.
6. Let simmer over low heat for approximately 30 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

I just got back a few hours ago, and I wanted to share some information about the tour. I was glad to see that a post was already here.

This tour will only be given, for now, in January and will resume in March. Anyone who is interested, should check at the front desk to be sure that the tour will be given on the planned days of the week. This week, the days were changed. No notice was given and the flyers still had the original days listed. It was only by chance, that I was speaking with a cast member and she mentioned the change to me.

My group was made up of 15 guests, which seemed to be the largest group, yet. It was a fun, curious group and we enjoyed each other's company and questions. The tour was given by a CL CM who is sweet and spoke making sure that everyone could hear her. I won't give too many details. I will say that it was a nice, 25 minute tour. I did learn a few things that I didn't know. But, for those like me, who are very familiar with the hotel, I don't know if I would recommend it, the way it is given now.

At the end of the tour, we were given some ice cream samples at the sweet shop on the Boardwalk. We were also given a survey to fill out, which will help them decide the best time to give the tour and what information needs to be changed to make the tour better.

All in all, if you have some free time, take the tour.
Thank you for posting your review!

DW and I talked about it and decided that for our first anniversary our present to ourselves would be two nights at the Boardwalk smack dab in the middle of May!

We're extremely excited as we always love spending time on the Boardwalk and plan to do even more of that now that we'll be staying there! We plan on trying to catch up on this thread (just a tad bit daunting) to find out some tips but the most important to us is trying to find the best standard room possible.

We'd love some suggestions (from the research we've done so far we think we'd go upper floor facing Epcot, if it's available) to what is the best view/location available.

We're lucky enough to be spending six nights beforehand at Bonnet Creek for free as a gift from a family friend and going to BWI was our end of vacation treat as we love to stay on property, even if only for a night!

Thanks for any and all help and we'll definitely be subscribing to stay up-to-date on all the goings on here!
Welcome and I, too would make that same request for a Std. Room. The rooms that have Epcot views, like of the Eiffel Tower, are Garden View rooms, but the CM will know exactly what you want if you request an Epcot View. Have fun planning!

Will ESPN or Big River Grille do take out orders?

Big River definitely does; I was eating at the counter this Wednesday and someone came in and got a to go order...I'd image ESPN would as well, but I can't say for sure.

:goodvibes

You can take out anything on the menu from ESPN but note that there is an automatic 18% service charge that is added to the bill.
This never made sense to me since you wern't sitting in the restaurant and getting served, but if you really want to take out the food you have no choice but to pay the 18%.

New (late?) breakfast option for those staying on the BW: The newly renovated bakery in France (next to the movie theater) will now open at 0900.

"So you can sip a latte with a chocolate croissant to start the day . . . or a cappuccino with a chaussons au pomme (apple turnover) . . . or an espresso with an éclair. And that’s just a taste of the expansive new menu that offers classic French goodies all day long."

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ampaign=Feed:+DisneyParks+(Disney+Parks+Blog)

I keep on hearing that the halls at BWI are very long and there is only one way to get to the boardwalk/boats/buses -- the lobby. I am trying to figure out what room requests to make, I think I want to request an Epcot view, but will that mean I should expect a long walk to get out to the parks?

Plenty of exits, just one elevator. The kids feel like we're taking a secret passage. If you have the time just follow the exit signs.

Plenty of exits, just one elevator. The kids feel like we're taking a secret passage. If you have the time just follow the exit signs.

What about stairs? Is there a way to take stairs at a different part of the hotel and end up outside?

What about stairs? Is there a way to take stairs at a different part of the hotel and end up outside?

We stayed in the section that is closest to the Epcot side of the resort. Because the restaurants all face the boardwalk, the stairs in our section only opened in one spot, near the Flying Fish restaurant, close to the lobby section. I don't think there are any stairways that exit on the section of Boardwalk that has all the stores and restaurants.

Wood Nymph said:
We stayed in the section that is closest to the Epcot side of the resort. Because the restaurants all face the boardwalk, the stairs in our section only opened in one spot, near the Flying Fish restaurant, close to the lobby section. I don't think there are any stairways that exit on the section of Boardwalk that has all the stores and restaurants.

Yes there are no exits out on the Boardwalk side. There are however, several exits out the back side of the resort, at least on the villas side

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter