(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annej

annej <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

So very excited! Just booked our first ever stay in the Epcot area resorts. We will be at the BWI March 4-10. Just the hubby and me. :lovestruc Got an AP discount so that is great! I booked a waterview. Am I correct in understanding that this will overlook the lake and the boardwalk? Any pictures of what our view might be?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. momof4minnies

momof4minnies Mouseketeer

Our last trip in Nov 2011 was for my daughters sweet 16 and we are returning in June for my second daughter's sweet 16. I ordered a chocolate glass slipper to be delivered to her at CRT. I'm guessing that would not excite your hubby as much as it did my daughter. It was $15. We also ordered a cake to be delivered to our room. We were club level WL and they handled it all for us. However, I know you are able to order cakes from the cake hotline. "Cake Hotline
    at least 24 hours in advance. I would suggest doing it as soon as you
    can. Their phone number is: 407-827-2253. You will be sent through a
    phone tree and must choose the location and name of your restaurant to
    be connected to the right person." This info was given to me yesterday by the IPO for BWI club level. This is a picture of the cake under $50. [​IMG]

This is the glass slipper[​IMG]

4. momof4minnies

momof4minnies Mouseketeer

Okay, obviously I don't know how to post pictures. If anyone would like to see them, let me know how to post and I will be happy to do so.

5. Belle72

Belle72 Mouseketeer

is it the type that takes the keurig style pods?

6. gometros

gometros <font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an

It's funny, we have a King bed at home and I've always felt quite comfortable in the BWV beds. So I can't join your conspiracy :)

7. jenneth79

jenneth79 DIS Veteran

Nope, it's the "flat" pods.... kind of a disk.

8. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

They use pods and not K-Cups. The non-DVC (villa) rooms have these:

[​IMG]
    (WL/CL)

9. Sandi

Sandi <font color=red>A proud Spartans fan!

Thanks Kook! A picture is worth 1000 words.

10. WDWKOOK

That's what's so great about WDW - we can't help but feel like little kids when we're there. Grumpy Grandma, who is at Epcot right now posted a while ago that it was empty - I envy you being able to go tomorrow - enjoy!

Yes, a Water View will be of Crescent Lake/BoardWalk. This was our view from CL Room 4261 which was right next to the Flying Fish sign:

Looking to the right:

[​IMG]

Looking to the left:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You're welcome, Sandi!

11. Belle72

Belle72 Mouseketeer

Just what I was looking for...looks like the Senseo would work in these. Thank you!!

12. WDWKOOK

You're welcome.

THIS SITE lists pod compatibility. According to the site, all pods between 4-12 grams should fit a Cuisinart.

13. WDWKOOK

:goodvibesJust booked BWI for Spring Break:hyper:

14. jenneth79

jenneth79 DIS Veteran

Awesome!!!:cool1:

We're heading back to BWI in early May....just called and added another night on the front of our trip so we can fly down, settle in, then wake up in the World! :thumbsup2

15. WDWKOOK

:wave:
    Early May would be the perfect time to go, but DD is in high school and doesn't get out until the end of June. We went once at that time when I was pregnant with DD and stayed at CSR about 9 months after it opened. I remember we were the only ones in the resort's quiet pool:worship:

Have you made any ADRs yet?

16. psac

psac DIS Veteran

Excellent!! :thumbsup2 I know you had some reservations when you stayed last time, what made you decide to give it another try?

17. WDWKOOK

Oooo, good memory. Well, our only real issue with BWI was with their CL, so we decided to give it another try in a non-CL room.

18. jenneth79

jenneth79 DIS Veteran

Shorter trip for us this time around, so we're just planning dinners at Bistro de Paris (now the silly named Monsieur Paul..just doesn't quite roll off the tongue...:rotfl2:) Artist Point (where we have not eaten before) and Le Cellier. I'm torn right now on how to handle the night we arrive (flight lands at 7:15, town car service to resort) and don't really want to make an ADR, but I REALLY want to go to Raglan Road... so maybe a late dinner for the two of us.

Is May good? I'm torn... our last two trips were supposedly quiet times (Feb and Oct) but were more crowded than September the year before.... then again, I think that September trip spoiled us....:lovestruc

Our last trip (Oct for F&W) we stayed at BWI CL and had a very good experience. I'm going to give it another shot this time since we got such a good discount on the trip. While I adore SAB and won't go near the clown pool, I really like how much smaller BWI is... less of a hike to get to our room!

Did you have problems w/ CL? Is there a TR I could read up on to get that info? They really seem to be hit or miss anymore in WDW!:worried:

19. Jasperann

Jasperann DIS Veteran

We love the beginning of May. Although I've heard that September is the slowest time, so if you will be comparing it to that I'm not sure how busy it is.

We will be there April 29th-May 7th staying CL at BWI, what are you dates?

20. dis-happy

dis-happy DIS Veteran

I know, but someone posted that BWV had Kuerigs. (I wish).

21. lindsroc

lindsroc DIS Veteran

We are staying at BWI oct 26-2 nov.... Should we expect craziness given that it will be Food and Wine festival??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.