(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gometros

gometros <font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an

Psac - - loved the pictures. Having just been there, it made me feel like I was back again. Especially the ones by the pool. I know exactly where you were, since we liked to set up to the left, in front of Horseshoe Libations.

Hope everything is ok at home.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. tiger4me2

tiger4me2 DIS Veteran

Will be at the BWI Club level on December 7th around this time :cool1::cool1:

4. ready2vacation

ready2vacation Mouseketeer

Excited that we'll be there 2/6 to 2/12. We splurged on a garden suite since it is our first trip without kids in years and to celebrate our 15 year anniversary.

The "hidden staircase" that someone mentioned earlier in the thread for easier access to the lounge from the garden suites - is it easy to find (lol -"hidden" so maybe not)? Something that someone could explain before hand?

5. Cecile716

Cecile716 Earning My Ears

I would love to know the location of this "HIDDEN STAIRCASE". I will be staying in one of the Garden Suites in March of the new year. We are counting down the days with homemade Disney "advent" calendars. :cool1:

6. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Yippee! Where is your first ADR?

There is a 'hidden staircase' near the Garden Suites that takes you right to the Innkeeper's Club lounge area that is right above the suites. I'm sorry, but I don't have a photo of it.

:welcome: to the DIS and the BWI/BWV thread! I hope you have a wonderful March visit to WDW and BWI.

7. snowwite

snowwite DIS Veteran

We are arriving on Thanksgiving for a brief stay though Monday. DD used her CM discount to book us a studio. She told us to plan on a lousy view because of the CM code. we have stayed at Swan a number of times so I am familiar with the area but not this resort. Is there a quiet pool or just the big roller coaster one? Is there a food court? Any tips?

8. RaySharpton

RaySharpton DIS Veteran

This is a from the OP info on page one, but it is a long page if you missed it. I hope this helps.

9. psac

psac DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the info and kind words. Enjoy your next stay Goofies Sis! :) I didn't bother calling member services or anything, it would have been two nights max, and on top of everything else, it was in the last month of my use year, where all cancellations basically make your points go poof! In any case, we came home because our cat at home was having a hard time adjusting to staying at the in-laws house, despite going there 2-3 times a year every year for the last 7 or 8 years. This time he was "going" a lot on their living room floor (a sign of distress of some sort), and they even took him to the vet. We knew we wouldn't be able to enjoy the last few days with him like that. Maybe he was just rebelling for us being at a place with giant mice. :) he's fine now, though. Next trip we may just leave him home and have the in-laws visit every day.

Your best bet is the first day do the stairs in the opposite direction -- start at the Club and go down and see where they let you out. We tried those stairs when we stayed club level hoping they would take us out to the BW, but instead they took us to that Garden suite area. Enjoy, they look so cool from the outside, like your own personal little house.

10. Disney52303

Disney52303 Mouseketeer

Just did online check in this morning for our first stay at BWV! Can't wait!! This has been kept secret from the kids since July!

11. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

On the villas side, there are two pools, Luna Park (the themed pool) and a leisure (or quiet - unthemed) pool. There is another pool on the Inn side.

There is no food court at the BWV/BWI.

12. snowwite

snowwite DIS Veteran

Thanks. I started at the end since the thread seemed to be quite long. I was thinking recent guests may have some tips besides what is available online.

13. snowwite

snowwite DIS Veteran

Thanks. I am just trying to figure where I will find my morning coffee!

14. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Doesn't the Bellevue Lounge serve coffee in the morning? It's on the Inn side of the lobby.

15. Horshampa

Horshampa Earning My Ears

Just Booked 5/5 to 5/12. How do you know if your in a club level room or not ? I'm using a family members points for this trip. Thanks

16. PrincessSuzanne

PrincessSuzanne <font color=red>Guess I will be eating crow tonigh

If you're in a Villa, I don't think they have club level at BWV, only on the Inn side.

17. ready2vacation

ready2vacation Mouseketeer

Great idea! Thanks for the info.

18. RaySharpton

RaySharpton DIS Veteran

Here are some places for coffee:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And also

[​IMG]

19. dmwang9

dmwang9 Agent P's sidekick-in-training

Since you're in a DVC studio, you'll have a coffee maker in our room. You can also go to the Boardwalk bakery for morning coffee, but I've always just used the in room coffee maker.

20. OhThePain

OhThePain DIS Veteran

After caving in for a few trips and letting my fiancee get her choice of resort, I finally got my way and got us booked for 5 nights at BWV durring F&W for the first part of our honeymoon next year. I am beyond thrilled. We have spent a lot of time on the Boardwalk but have never gotten to stay there. Is it a bad thing that I am looking forward to the honeymoon more than the wedding? (shhh... don't tell her). Now to go back and work on catching up on this thread a bit.

21. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

We'll be at Boardwalk for the first part of our honeymoon next October as well! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.