Cleaning and Supplies

Sinderelly

Princess
i am trying to understand the cleaning routine for the DVC villas. What services are included? I know daily mouse keeping is not included.

Are supplies included and are replacement items included when you run out? Example soap, shampoo, dishwasher detergent, paper products?

Would REALLY be appreciative of any help. We are staying in a 2br lockout standard view at Kidani end of May/1st week of June.

One more (if I may) what would be a good request to make re: location of villa? I am soooo unfamiliar with AKL.

i am trying to understand the cleaning routine for the DVC villas. What services are included? I know daily mouse keeping is not included.

Are supplies included and are replacement items included when you run out? Example soap, shampoo, dishwasher detergent, paper products?

Would REALLY be appreciative of any help. We are staying in a 2br lockout standard view at Kidani end of May/1st week of June.

One more (if I may) what would be a good request to make re: location of villa? I am soooo unfamiliar with AKL.
From the member website:
Laundry and Housekeeping Services

Disney Vacation Club Resorts offer laundry and housekeeping services. Daily housekeeping service is not provided for Members.

This Resort hotel offers a 24-hour self-service laundry room. There are also dry-cleaning and valet laundry services. Villas with 1 or more bedrooms also feature in-unit washers and dryers.

Trash & Towel Service

For stays of 7 or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, vacation points or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will:

• Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins.
  • Provide fresh bathroom linens.
  • Replace bath amenities as needed.
  • Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.
  • Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners.
Full Cleaning Service

For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, vacation points or a combination of both. This process repeats for stays longer than 8 days.

With Full-Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

• Change the bed linens.
  • Vacuum and dust the vacation villa.
  • Clean the bathroom(s).
  • Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.
Rental Guests (non-Members or Disney Vacation Club Members paying rack rate) receive Full Cleaning Services every day.

For all of the above, additional Housekeeping Services may be purchased.

Additional Housekeeping Service Daily Rates:

• Full Cleaning Service for Deluxe Studio - $30 per day requested
  • Full Cleaning Service for 1-Bedroom Villa - $45 per day requested
  • Full Cleaning Service for 2-Bedroom Villa - $60 per day requested
Additional Trash & Towel Service Daily Rates:

• Trash & Towel Service for Deluxe Studio - $15 per day requested
  • Trash & Towel service for 1-Bedroom Villa - $20 per day requested
  • Trash & Towel service for 2-Bedroom Villa - $25 per day requested
Pay As You Play

With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities at no additional charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):

• Toiletries Package, $5 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
  • Coffee Package, $3 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • Towel Package, $6 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • Laundry Detergent (only in 1- and 2-Bedroom Vacation Villas), $1 - 1 box
(Go to Destinations – top bar, then Disney Vacation Club Resorts Overview (or a specific resort), then Amenities, then Laundry and Housekeeping Service)

You get towels to start with correct? I noticed on the Pay as you Play section it offers Towel Package of 4-bath 2 hand 4 wash 1 bath mat for 6.00 ...in addition to the room already?

You get a starter pack of shampoo and the other toiletries in each bathroom. You pay for more. You have three options, use very little (I don't shampoo my hair every day, and we have four of us in a two bedroom, so this works for us), pay for more, or bring your own.

In a one or two bedroom, you'll get one small box of laundry detergent. You can buy more, or bring some. We always bring some.

You'll get enough towels for each sleeping place, changed out every four days. If you are in a one or two bedroom and want clean towels, you can run a load of laundry. Or you can pay for more (yes, in addition to what is in the room, but those are only changed out every four days). On you can hang your towel and reuse them. There is no "Disney Legal" option for using pool towels. (In a studio, there is free laundry somewhere in the resort, usually not far from the pool. So if you are a clean towel needer and don't want to pay for towels, you can do a load of towels while the kids swim mid afternoon).

You'll have one coffee pack. If you are a coffee drinker, you'll want to bring your own anyway. Mr. Coffee Basket filters, large. Usually there is salt and pepper in little packs in the room that previous guests have "supplied" (I suspect), we bring our own.

There will be plenty of paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, and dishwasher detergent. A sponge and a kitchen towel. If you need these things call and they will be provided for no charge. There is a broom and a vacuum cleaner. Some members bring some additional cleaning supplies - bathroom cleaner, lysol....- we've never felt it necessary and if we did feel the rooms were not clean enough, I'd call the front desk to have it re cleaned.

We do a load of laundry every day in the villas. So I wash the towels too. They only give you one laundry detergent for about every fours days so we pack so of the pod packs (if you are worried about it breaking on your flight, put it in a small Tupperware container or bring powder detergent). I always bring extra dishwasher packets too. They give you 2-3 for every four days or so. I make almost all our meals so I like to run the dishwasher to make my life easier.
ROOM REQUEST: request to be close to the front desk. Otherwise you can have a lot of walking!

Thank you DVC people! Hoping to join you in the near future. We rented points from a member to see what the villas are like :)

If you bring your own laundry detergent, the washers in the villas use standard detergent, not HE. Not sure about all the laundry rooms for the studios. I thought they might be changing them.

20 years later and I still do not understand how the cleaning is scheduled or organized. Housekeeping has come for a full cleaning on day 3 of a 12 day stay. Other times, they kindly but randomly knock offering us towels and supply replacements. I, too, wash the towels with my clothes. We pick up detergent and bleach on the after-airport-grocery-run.
Don't hate us for this (and really, if you flew on an AIRPLANE or DROVE A CAR for a vacation to Disney World...) - frequently, we buy plastic cups. There I've said it aloud. Plastic cups or water in bottles that get thrown away.

We never have enough dishwasher detergent, so I keep extra in the Owners Locker. Also, in my Owners locker I keep a bottle of dry bleach tablets so that I can disinfect the jets of the tub upon arrival. In addition I keep a large supply of Purex 3-1 sheets for laundry. Disney takes care of everything else. ,

20 years later and I still do not understand how the cleaning is scheduled or organized. Housekeeping has come for a full cleaning on day 3 of a 12 day stay. Other times, they kindly but randomly knock offering us towels and supply replacements. I, too, wash the towels with my clothes. We pick up detergent and bleach on the after-airport-grocery-run.
Don't hate us for this (and really, if you flew on an AIRPLANE or DROVE A CAR for a vacation to Disney World...) - frequently, we buy plastic cups. There I've said it aloud. Plastic cups or water in bottles that get thrown away.

I know what you mean, this last trip was the worse, they either came in daily from day 3 until day 6 or knock on our door asking to clean. I am ashame to admit that I mad, because I was thinking that no wonder our housekeeping costs are so high. Kept thinking go wonder rooms were cleaned in time for check in guests. I hope I was polite but emphatic that we should have housekeeping only on certain days. We then we left the DO NOT DISTURB sign out except on the days we should get a cleaning.

I know what you mean, this last trip was the worse, they either came in daily from day 3 until day 6 or knock on our door asking to clean. I am ashame to admit that I mad, because I was thinking that no wonder our housekeeping costs are so high. Kept thinking go wonder rooms were cleaned in time for check in guests. I hope I was polite but emphatic that we should have housekeeping only on certain days. We then we left the DO NOT DISTURB sign out except on the days we should get a cleaning.

What is impossible to understand is why Disney continues to let this happen. From my contacts to member satisfaction and the front desk they know that they have room for improvement.

I have finally come to the conclusion after years of cleaning issues, they just don't care.

:earsboy: Bill

We never have enough dishwasher detergent, so I keep extra in the Owners Locker. Also, in my Owners locker I keep a bottle of dry bleach tablets so that I can disinfect the jets of the tub upon arrival. In addition I keep a large supply of Purex 3-1 sheets for laundry. Disney takes care of everything else. ,

Can you tell me where to find dry bleach tabs? I worry about the "icky stuff" that might be found in the Jets. Sounds like something I might be able to throw in our luggage?

I use dish washer detergent, very hot water, run the jets for 15 minutes, drain. Refill tub with fresh hot water, run jets a second 15 minutes, and drain.

I too keep pods of Tide and Cascade in my Owner's Locker.

Oh my goodness dry bleach tablets.... I had no idea they had them! I will be adding that to my list of things to bring so that I will use the jacuzzi! Awesome idea!!!!!

Can you tell me where to find dry bleach tabs? I worry about the "icky stuff" that might be found in the Jets. Sounds like something I might be able to throw in our luggage?
Jet tubs get gross ..... The end. I bleach mine at home every week and wouldn't even think of using a tub on vacation without disinfecting it first. The dry bleach tablets can be found in the laundry aisle. Although I am not a frequent shopper at Walmart, I always pick up a couple of bottles there to last me a while. The bottles are small (about 6" tall), so be sure not to overlook them. You'd think they're a medicine bottle, so keep them away from kids. I am pretty sure I've seen them at Kroger, too. I know I have seen them at Meijer in the past, but haven't looked recently.

There will be plenty of paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, and dishwasher detergent. A sponge and a kitchen towel. If you need these things call and they will be provided for no charge. There is a broom and a vacuum cleaner. Some members bring some additional cleaning supplies - bathroom cleaner, lysol....- we've never felt it necessary and if we did feel the rooms were not clean enough, I'd call the front desk to have it re cleaned.

Do these things mentioned come standard in studios as well? I'm most concerned about running out of kleenex/paper towel. If we do, can we call for more or is there a charge for this?

Do these things mentioned come standard in studios as well? I'm most concerned about running out of kleenex/paper towel. If we do, can we call for more or is there a charge for this?

Call if you need more of those things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter