Clean hotels near port

ResortsFrmrCM

Mouseketeer
Hi! I have read the sticky at the top of thread suggesting hotels at the port and in cocoa beach but I was hoping to get some feedback from those who have stayed nearby on a good hotel to stay at. We are arriving the day before around 5:30 pm and will be leaving the next morning to get on the ship.

Thanks for your help!:goodvibes

Last April we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach the night before a Wonder cruise. Their staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean and comfortable. We had a rental car, but I don't think they had a shuttle to the port or a cruise and park deal like some of the other local hotels. I probably wouldn't want to stay there for a week, but for a night or two it was fine.

I have stayed at several hotels in the port area...most recently on our last two cruises we stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn. Very nice, new, clean, friendly staff, nice pool, all rooms are suites and a complimentary hot buffet breakfast in the am. About 2 miles or so from the port and shuttle is $3 pp

Have also stayed at the Radisson near the port...fine but outdated...heard they are refurbishing...free shuttle.

Have also stayed at Doubletree in Cocoa beach a few years ago...right on the beach and great choc. chip cookies (had a rental car). About 5 miles from port.

And stayed at a Holiday Inn on the beach...older motel, like staying closer to port, though.

MJ

If staying at Marriott Residence Inn or Doubletree and using a rental car, when the rental car is dropped off on the morning of the cruise do the rental car companies have a shuttle to bring us to the port?

If staying at Marriott Residence Inn or Doubletree and using a rental car, when the rental car is dropped off on the morning of the cruise do the rental car companies have a shuttle to bring us to the port?

Yes.....the four below have shuttles....Hertz is actually in the parking lot of the Marriott Residence Inn and adjacent to the Country Inn and Suites.

The closest rental to the ports are

Thrifty
Hertz
Budget
Avis

We have used all but Hertz in the past. I use whichever one yeilds the best rate at the time I am renting. This past October Thrifty, even with their $15 drop off fee, was the least expensive option for us (SUV).

MJ

Yes.....the four below have shuttles....Hertz is actually in the parking lot of the Marriott Residence Inn and adjacent to the Country Inn and Suites.

Thrifty
Hertz
Budget
Avis

We have used all but Hertz in the past. I use whichever one yeilds the best rate at the time I am renting. This past October Thrifty, even with their $15 drop off fee, was the least expensive option for us (SUV).

MJ

Dollar Car Rental is in Port.

Thrifty
Hertz
Budget
Avis

MJ

Thanks for this. It seems you are a wealth of information. Coming from NJ I definitely want to stay somewhere close by the night before so we can get there early. This will be our first Disney cruise and first cruise for my children, 5 and 7. We sail Oct. 31-Nov. 7, 2009

Pam

The Radisson is lovely, nice pool, good breakfast and has a free shuttle. The Country Inn & Suites has also had good reviews.

Holiday inn express is also very clean and nice. We stayed in Dec and were very happy with it. They have a free breakfast in the morning, and there is a Publix right next door in case you need any last min items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter