1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Clean healthy eating possible onboard the Dream?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by baleeve, Jun 22, 2013.

1. baleeve

baleeve "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I

How are the healthy eating choices onboard?

Are there whole grain options? Fish without a lot of butter/sauce/ or creams? Dark leafy salads instead of the basic iceberg lettuce?

Due to a serious health issue 4 years ago I now eat really healthy. (not by choice) but by lifestyle. :bitelip: I would LOVE to eat nachos, desserts or yummy french treats the whole cruise but I just can't.

So I am wondering if I will have a hard time finding clean - healthy - vitamin rich foods onboard without having to just eat shrimp cocktail or carrot sticks everyday. :p

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NACFl

NACFl Mouseketeer

You won't have problems unless you're vegan. There are plenty of good options at Cabanas and at the main dining restaurants. Even room service has a few decent options.

4. LWQuestie

LWQuestie I'm the Rocketeer!

Just talk to your dining team and they'll get you what you need!

5. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

If you like Indian food, talk to your server about getting you some curries. 2 of my 3 dinners were delicious vegetarian curries (with white rice) after talking with my server. Might not be perfect, but it could do the trick for you.

6. IFlossU

IFlossU Mouseketeer

Yes, I think it's possible. You'll probably find the selections not quite as tasty, but I know they offer grilled chicken breast and veggies at dinner. Salad options and veggies are plentiful. I don't know what you like for breakfast, but oatmeal is available, and they can cook eggs to order, possibly an egg white omelet. I would definitely ask, I'm sure they would gladly make one and throw in some veggies or fresh fruit.

For what it's worth I'm a "clean eater" at home, but chose to indulge "moderately" on our cruise. I ended up gaining 3lbs in 8 days, which I thought was pretty good considering, I also took advantage of the treadmills to burn off a few of the extra calories. ; >. When I got home it was right back to "real life" and I dropped the cruise weight in a few weeks.

Have fun and have no fear, just ask your servers about healthier options and they'll happily oblige!

7. LWQuestie

LWQuestie I'm the Rocketeer!

They will definitely do egg white omelets to order. I had several on my recent cruise.

8. baleeve

baleeve "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I

Thank you all for your replies. I knew I worried for nothing. :)