Clean DCP apartments?

Boopuff

DIS Veteran
My DD has heard from some current DCP kids that move in has been a bit icky. Some kids are reporting that the conditions of the apartments are less than stellar. I'm wondering how much cleaning we'll need to do! Anyone have a kid recently check in? and is one complex worse than the others?

My DD moved into Vista at the beginning of May and her apartment was DISGUSTING! It took several hours to clean. She moved into a 6 person apartment with 3 other girls and they received 2 more roommates at time went on. Before each new roommate came, they received a notice that there would be a cleaning and inspection, so we wondered what happened to the cleaning and inspection prior to their arrival at the beginning of May. They complained to someone at Disney and there was some follow-up, but the girls still don't sit on the sofas (they're stained and dirty) and refuse to walk around without flip flops because the carpeted areas are so dirty.

Last edited:
Thanks that seems to be right along the lines of what we expect! We'll be prepared to do a bit of cleaning when DD arrives. I just think the turnover is so quick especially with fall arrivals that they just don't have the manpower to get to all the apartments before kids move in.

Patterson is the newest but you have a longer walk to the bus stop. Chatham is still great. Vista is horrible

Just got back from dropping off my DD she lives in Patterson. Surprisingly the apartment was clean! We just did some touch up in the bathroom and ran a vac but it wasn't bad at all!

I stayed in Chatham in 2012 and had a 2 bedroom flat with 4 people (including myself) staying there. I was on the International Program so we were only there for 10 weeks, but our flat was beautiful and really pretty and clean. (That was 3 years ago though).

I moved into The Commons in February. It was an 8 person (not my choice) apartment. It was very, very dirty. When we brought the issue the the attention of the front desk we were told that they can't be expected to have all the apartments "resort" clean. Oh well. We cleaned it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!