City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by glennbo123, Jul 8, 2012.

1. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

We had a funny Safari driver once too, I loved it! It was a nice change from the typical script.

We also had a few drivers that would stop completely - but I think they only do this when the park isn't too busy. I'll test my theory in a couple weeks during spring break. :crowded:

LOVE the picture of the elephant spraying himself! What a cool moment.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyKid4Life

DisneyKid4Life DIS Veteran

I have to echo other people's comments. I have never seen the elephants in the water like that. Great shots.

4. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

Love that your parents got a Happy Anniversary on the bus shout out!

The only time I've seen the elephants in the water like that was on our Trek I think. Which is a great adult only adventure. I love my kids but it's awfully expensive for a group activity.

Fun morning.

5. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Okay I let Marv get that one as he was sooooo jealous the last time , I even made sure I didn't mess up your top of the page update , but I think one of those hands was Judy's !!!Making 2 judys !!!!

6. GreatBiscuit

GreatBiscuit Golden but never flaky

I have finally caught up on the report, though I have given up trying to catch up on the banter.

It was nice being able to sit down and read 6 updates at once.

Great job on the night photos and the safari pics! (Nothing like bulb shots and hyper zoom.)

Enjoying living vicariously through your TR. (And trying to think the painful fact that at one point in time, we talked about meeting up at YB's show your first night.) On that note, won't be doing WDW this summer, but looking at another option....

7. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Sorry that I'm so far behind on Replies everyone! No, I don't have an update ready....I've been spending time copying the links to my Photobucket pictures to a Word document before I transition to the New Photobucket. Hopefully then I won't have too much trouble if they appear out of sequence. We'll see.

I would never admit to that.

Why are you always the Bride Marv?

Maybe so, but it's a fair ruling....something the Rules Committee is known for.

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?

I see your point. Pat had nearly 10 minutes available to her there, and there's no excuse for missing out!

I tried, I really did.

Thanks for the info. It didn't really seem like a new addition, but I didn't remember seeing them.

Watch out!

It sounds kinda fun actually. And hard to mess up.

That sounds like a Homer Simpson quote.

What, another move? :faint: I'm sure you'll like it, being closer to family.

I didn't capture it on film, but the gorilla gave me the "I'm watching you" hand signal.

The better to protect the eye from debris and perform some of the same function as whiskers do on a cat or a mouse in the sense that they are sensitive to being touched, thus providing a warning that an object (such as an insect or dust mite) is near the eye (which is then closed reflexively)...my dear.

Several people said that, I didn't realize that it was that rare on the safari. Well, all right! :woohoo:

You'll just have to take many more safari rides. I mean, how long can that lion possibly stay half-concealed like that. :confused3

It's exhausting work being a male lion, apparently.

It was cool to see the elephant in the water like that. A successful safari indeed.

8. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

It was a good ride, definitely a step up.

You feel my pain...thanks! It can be frustrating. Thank you, I know that a lot of the Safari pics on the DIS are so similar, but hey we try.

I like it. They don't have to go all "Jungle Cruise" on us, but it's fun.

All right, I'm looking forward to your report-back!

Thanks, just lucky timing.

In that case, I'm glad that I included all of the shots I took. I was thinking about just picking out one. (But was too lazy to decide on just one, truth be told, and just said "Ah, leave 'em all in.")

Woot!

I'm not sure when that adult-only WDW trip will occur...probaby years and years away, but I'll be sure to book that Trek.

Not too shabby.

No, it's just Poppy and Gram's hands in that picture.

No problem...the links are there for you to zip right through.

Gee, why can't I just sit down and write 6 updates at once? (Or one?)

I'm pulling out all the f-stops! (A little photography humor.) (Very little.)

Oh yes, we were so close to a meeting of the mimes. That would've been awesome. Someday sir, our paths will cross.

It'd be interesting to hear about the other option you're pursuing. We're always curious about what's going on in BiscuitWorld. Is the movie you made last year available on the web anywhere? I remember the trailer you sent.

9. Rozz

Rozz DIS Veteran

You got great photos of the elephant squirting water! I've never seen one doing that when we've been on KS. Elephants are a favorite of mine too!

10. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Okay 12 more posts before a possible update oops this will make 11 more !!But who's counting:rotfl2:
    Okay I am gonna guess 3 judy's !!!!:confused3;):rotfl2:

11. Aussiesalad

Aussiesalad Totes Mcgoats

Awhh that is so sweet that the bus driver noticed their buttons!! And that photopass picture is so sweet :goodvibes

sooooooooo awkwardddddd....

OH NO!! THAT HIPPO IS ABOUT TO BE EATEN BY THE AFRICAN KILLER DUCKS!!
    I'm sure someone already made that joke but I couldn't help myself...

Giraffes have such pretty eyelashes, your friend there in particular!

Ahhhh MEERKATS!! Haha Muskrat Love makes me think of Full House, I'm sure Danny sings it for some reason or another...
    I cannot even look at your meerkat photos without squealing! His little face is just too adorable!

We don't have baby carrots like that in Australia and I really miss them! So if you're not going to appreciate them in all their stunted glory- send them my way! :rotfl:

12. GreatBiscuit

GreatBiscuit Golden but never flaky

We are pondering a Christmas trip. It's something I've always wanted to do.

Film is not online at present. Waiting on some final legal / financial clearings with SAG/AFTRA. (It was shot under a signatory agreement for festival distribution only.)

13. teekathepony

teekathepony DIS Veteran

I've been quietly following along, but had to come out of lurkdom to say how adorable those elephant pictures are in the water! Loving the report :)

14. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Thanks Rozz! A lot of people said that -- I didn’t realize that it was so rare.

15. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

The law of averages would indicate that we’re getting closer every day.

No pre-guessing!

16. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Aw, thanks Sally!

I know, and a moment that no good planner should face, yet I do all the time, so I guess that says something about my planning abilities.

No, youre the first!!! (Everyone else said "that rhinocerous is about to be eaten") ;)

So true. Maybe her name is Tammy Faye.
    [​IMG]

Sorry, youre probably too young and too other-side-of-the-globe to get that reference.

Which one was Danny? And as an aside, can you believe that Alanis Morissette song is about Dave Coulier??? :faint:

Wow, imagine if they put 5 meerkats in a boy band. Cha-ching!

You might be surprised to know that theyre not babies at all! Where do baby carrots come from?

17. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Ooo, that’d be great, Biscuit. So much to see -- all of the decorations at the parks and resorts. The Osborne Lights. I hope you can swing it.

Understandable. If it ever becomes available, please let me know. I’d love to see it.

18. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Hi teekathepony! Thanks for following. I’m glad that I included all 4 of those elephant pictures, since so many people liked them. I was thinking of omitting one or two, but just got lazy and left them all in.

19. marvali

marvali DIS Veteran

20. marvali

marvali DIS Veteran

Just in case you need some help........... ;)

21. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Sorry that I've been slow on the updates everyone! Some of my time was taken up by getting all of my Photobucket links captured before I made the switch to the new Photobucket. Other than that, work and home-life have been busy.