City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by glennbo123, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

Dang it...... :rotfl:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

Spent a lot of time on that one, didja?

:thumbsup2 for the bus driver.

Could you trip him? Crop-dust him, maybe? How come he was so important?

He sounds awesome! I'd love to have this guy as my driver. Much better than pretending I'm chasing fake poachers. :rolleyes1

::yes::

Wow, this really is getting to be like the Jungle Cruise!

It does?:confused3 I pretty much assume I'll see a sleeping animatronic lion like I always do.

:lmao::rotfl2: Yup, this is Jungle Cruise all the way!

I think you did well. Very well.

Definitely getting that vibe. It's only a matter of time until the Planet of the Apes is upon us.

Looks like an Oblivious Family vacation lunch©! And yes, the hidden Mickey is the chip clip, which I feel is worth some kind of point in the standings.:rolleyes1

4. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Does Marv keep his computer on your thread at all times to catch how many Judy's? Maybe that's why he so seldom updates his own.

Love the pictures of the safari ride; Mark loves elephants like Lauren and he would have loved seeing the elephant playing in the water.

You got some really great shots of the gorillas too. :goodvibes

5. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Excellent, descriptive title! :thumbsup2

You'd think Disney could afford to fix that. Is it even up to code??? :confused3 :rolleyes1

So was the guy behind you in line irritated with you too after this comment? :lmao:

This guy must have been a former JC skipper. Either that or he aspired to become one.

Really? I always just thought it was a rock with a lump on it. I didn't realize there was even anything to anticipate.

Which brings up an interesting question. Would you rather face a the gorilla or be trampled by a tembo? :confused3

:thumbsup2 :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

6. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

Way to use that zoom. Seems like someone should check out that mole.... :rolleyes:

Looks like he has "periscope up" :lmao:

I had a busdriver that went through ALL the messages the busses can play. Pretty hilarious actually.

Birthday , anniversary , prince/princess, waterpark closed due to weather, watch your languagae, dont swing on handrails..... there were more. :eek:

7. FauntleroyFAN07

FauntleroyFAN07 Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

you got some really good photos of the animals i dont t hink i have ever seen the elephants in the water.

and our trip that was the first time i have ever seen the cheetas there as well, i wonder if they are new since i dont remember them as well.

8. 3prettyprincesses

3prettyprincesses "These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

I'm behind, I know, and now Marv has like a gagillion Judy sighting points. Oh well.

Hold on, I just finished reading your update here and I'm still blown away by the creatively titled chapter heading...:rolleyes: Maybe you should just start titling them "day one, day two..."

Once again, great FP shot, very clean fingernails.:thumbsup2
    [​IMG]

Fantastic safari pics! Love the zoomed in giraffe ones especially. You can even see its eyelashes! Good work.

Ok Glenn, you're really dating yourself here as I have no idea what song you're talking about :lmao::
    What a great little nook you found for lunch. You can never go wrong with pb&j, ever.

Animal Kingdom has some of the best theming of all the parks I think. It's superbly done!:thumbsup2 Looking forward to the next installment of "Animal Kingdom Morning part 2".

9. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Correct! :cheer2:

I posted during lunchtime to give the Europeans a shot, but it goes to Marv yet again.

Updated scores:

Marvin - 13 Judy-sighting wins, 7 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
    Pat - 6 Judy-sighting wins, 2 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
    Mark - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
    Dee - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
    Rosie - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
    Dan - 1 Judy-sighting win, 3 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
    Kelly - 3 Judy-sighting wins
    Magdalene - 2 Judy-sighting wins
    Katharina - 2 Judy-sighting wins
    Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
    Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
    Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
    Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
    Mary Ellen - 1 Judy-sighting win
    MissLiz - 1 Judy-sighting win
    sesame_123 - 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:

10. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Why, thanks!

Oops. Yes it was. And then I tried to correct it and the DIS turned all of my apostrophes and quote marks into strange characters. Doh! :headache:

Oooo, I didn't say that.

Good catch. You got an Eagle Eye point :magnify:, included in the updated scores.

You can tell I didn't spend much on this one!

Bridesmaid!

I think I'm getting TR writer's block.

:thumbsup2

I can't crop dust on command. I'm such a failure!

Wait, that was fake??!

Eerily similar.

You mean animatronic lion butt.

Yup.

Gee thanks!

It's a race between Planet of the Apes and computers becoming sentient.

If we'd have had any cheese curls, we would've had to pay you a royalty, that's how close it was to your copyright.

The Rules Committee saw fit to give you an Eagle Eye point :magnify:. Marv's post is first, but his edit is a minute after yours, so you both got one. :thumbsup2

11. jecskc

jecskc DIS Veteran

Loved your update as always. Hidden Mickey = chip clip on the carrots. We have some of those, too.

12. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

I don't know what to tell you. It's kind of creepy. :laughing:

I knew that you had a thing for giraffes, but I didn't know that Mark liked elephants. It was a good safari trip for the elephant aficionado.

Sums it up, doncha think?

Oh yeah, that's exactly how the code requires it....a rats nest.

Yeah, probably.

::yes::

If they ran some of that wiring from that building over there, they could give him a little jolt every now and then.

Gee, that's a tough one.

:)

Originally, my joke for that one was that to get any closer I'd need a veterinary license and a pair of rubber gloves, but I figured that might be a little too crass. But I can put it here because nobody reads these replies, right?

Most definitely!

There's a "don't swing on the handrails" one? Whoops.

Thanks. It is a little hard to get different pictures on this attraction after you've been on it a few times.

Well, you've got a good memory, so we can't both have forgotten them!

Molly! We've missed you.

I should've worked harder until I came up with a gem like "Safari So Good". :headache:

I gotta keep 'em well manicured when I'm on vacation, because I know how closely you'll be looking at the pictures. ;)

Thanks!

You know America at least, don't you? With songs like "A Horse with No Name", "Sister Golden Hair", "Ventura Highway", and "Tin Man"? Well this was another one, about amorous rodents.

A nice little spot indeed.

I agree with you.

Oops, the part 1 just referred to the fact that I was going to use two posts for that chapter. I decided against it when I got to the second post, but forgot to change the first one back. Oh well.

13. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Thanks Scooter Mom. Good eye! :thumbsup2

14. marvali

marvali DIS Veteran

Maybe not, but I bet you laughed!!! :lmao:

Sorry Pat, maybe one day............. :)

What I get for changing "...count on youR for an imaginative title...." to "....count on YOU......" :sad2:

This from the guy who stalked Mark's thread for days on end to try and capture a Movie Quote title??? :confused:

Actually, once again pure luck. Had a safety meeting at work that went through lunch. It was supposed to be over at noon and ran over until 12:30. For some reason I decided to log on the DIS before warming up my lunch when I saw you had updated. It had already been up almost 10 minutes so I figured by the time I could check it and post there was no way I would be first........

My meeting ends on time I'm probably done with lunch and logged off by the time you posted and never see it nearly in time. Not my fault everyone else was SLOW!!! :)

15. nodnol

nodnol Mouseketeer

Thanks for spending your lunchhour on the DIS for us. Unfortunately life is tooo busy right now...

The cheetah was always there (means when I went to WDW for the first time), but usually they were hiding behind some bushes or lying complete flat on the top their hill.

16. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

African Killer Ducks! :rotfl: Love it!!

17. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

I bet that's how they punish Imagineers when they mess up. "Go build a lion butt!":rotfl2:

:woohoo: Let's hear it for technicalities!

18. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

I'm back - thanks for waiting for me!:goodvibes We made another move to Texas and life will be good here with our grandbabies! :banana:
    Nice update! I think that gorilla WAS giving you the stinkeye. Good idea for lunch - It's good you could find an empty table.

19. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

My what long eyelashes you have!

hahaha .....good one.......:rotfl2:

This is cool. I don't think I've ever seen an elephant totally submerged like that before. Love it!

BTW - Your pride rock shot looks like all of mine. Notice I said "all". Next time!

20. Disneybuckeye

Disneybuckeye DIS Veteran

A lion's hiney is more or a moving lion picture than I have ever gotten on the safari. They are alway laying around when we go.

I have also never seen an elephant cooling themselves off.

Sounds like a very successful safari.

Mary Kay

21. SimplyGoofy

SimplyGoofy "You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!"

I love it when you get an entertaining attraction driver! It definitely adds some extra flavor to a ride you've done before. :thumbsup2

I absolutely agree about the safari rides producing blurry pictures. I know they can't stop all the time, but it's a shame to be <thisclose> to an animal and only wind up with a blur of a photo. :sad2: Despite that, you took a lot of great animal photos! I love the detail photos you took of the African buildings, too!