City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

I enjoyed reading your friend's miniTR and I'm glad you were so helpful in helping them plan. I have helped a couple friends and its always nice when they come back and thank you.

It was fun helping them plan, but I also didn’t want them to have a bad experience due to lack of info/planning, and then come away hating the place. Know what I mean? There are plenty of stories out there from people who didn’t know they needed to make dining reservations, or felt like they didn’t get enough rides in (and didn’t know how the fastpass system worked), etc. etc.

I once visited right after NY's and I really enjoyed it. Glad your friends did too.

I think it worked out better for them that the week between Christmas and New Year’s. Max crowds!

The T'shirt favs were funny! :thumbsup2

That was a nice touch. He’s a born trip reporter. ::yes::

I'm glad your friend had a good time overall. Except for the whole Mission: Space thing. If nothing else, he took your advice on Dole Whips, which was an excellent move.:thumbsup2

I’m surprised that he had a problem with Space Mountain. The guy traveled with me for work, so you’d think he’d have been more prepared.

Yes, I steered him right, dole whip-wise.

If I guess the sons name do I get a point?? I think it might be *****.

Oh and I've enjoyed reading your trip reports but this is the first time I've posted. Plus we shared tropical storm Debbie this trip. It was a wet one for sure.

:welcome: sesame_123!! I like the ending of your username! ;)

That was an impressive display of sleuthery (is that a word?), and I’ve given you an Eagle Eye point :magnify: in the current standings posted earlier. Nice work! I’ve edited the post to rectify that situation, so thanks for pointing out my error.

Great to have you aboard and posting.

Glenn, I am playing catch up...again. :upsidedow Busy painting and going to watch wrestling.

I’m in the same boat, only I’m busy wrestling and going to watch painting…no, that’s not it…it’s mostly work and other fun stuff getting in the way.

I just love your nighttime photos. What a great job you did with the various settings. Obviously, my favorites are the ones of the giraffes laying down. :goodvibes

I knew you’d like the giraffes! :)

Wow, that was incredibly brave. First trip and on New Years Day to boot. They've got potential! :thumbsup2

Except they didn’t know they were being brave…they didn’t really know what they were in for! They do have potential though -- I was happy that my friend replied that they’d like to go back again and “do better next time”. And they’re from Seattle, so they’ve got that going for them, right?

Big bummer about SM and Missions Space making folks so ill, that's just rotten.

I guess the teacups are completely out of the question.

Great quips on the favorite t shirts, love that.

They were great!

Cute! I had to look up Karl Pilkington and I'd like to know why the guy in the Timbers jersey was a loser?

I’m guessing that the Timbers comment was a Seattle-thing.

I understood the Karl Pilkington reference, because my kids and I like to watch “An Idiot Abroad”. Hilarious stuff! Karl is just so…..Karl.

Your friend is a TR tease, Glennbo! :rotfl:

He’d be great on here.

While others are debating of what constitutes an update, I would like to alert the rules committee to the recent preference being given to North American time zone posters. How are Katharina and I ever going to have a chance to be first Judy sighters if updates appear at the middle of the night?????? :worried:;)

You have a point there Magdalene. My updates have been rather US-eastern-time-centric lately. I’ll have to see what I can do about that. But don’t look for any postings by me at 3am (my time) or anything.

I am glad that your friend had a good first trip even though they had to battle with so much illness. That is never nice on a trip! But it seems that they enjoyed their time there nevertheless. Hopefully they will be able to revisit when they are all feeling full of energy!

I think I gave them a good start, and now that they’ve seen it and know what to expect they’ll have an even better trip next time. I was really happy that they enjoyed it overall, despite some issues. As much as I like it, I know Disney isn’t for everyone.

good point, glenn have a North american and then a other leaders board.:thumbsup2

Oh no, we ain't doin' that!

Very Good Point Magdalena!!! Now seeing as I am originally from England I should get BOTH opportunities:rotfl2:

I agree especially with me getting a shot at BOTH!!!:goodvibes:rotfl2:

hahanosmiley-1.gif

I did have comments at the beginning, and it did make it into the Table of Contents in the first post, so….precedence would say that it counts.
Sorry, that is a bogus argument because none of your other TR updates, including a title, TOC or otherwise have been about anything other your particular trip, or a sidetrip concerning you or your family that had a possibility of containing a Judy. :offtopic:

Nice job, Counselor. Were those your opening arguments or your closing arguments?
At one time there were wise men and philosophers arguing the validity of the belief that the world was flat and if you reached the edge you would fall off. A "Nice job" on their part still didn't make their argument any more correct or accurate, just because they were presuasive to the easily manipulated and naive. :scratchin

I saw that you were online along with Pat and Rosie, and I was posting some replies….I figured that you had it in the bag.
I saw the update when you posted it, and chose to ignore it since I can discern between that which is related to Glenn/Glennbo's family's trip, and something totally unrelated. Of course I realize there are those who can't differentiate between fact and fiction or reality and fantasy........ :rolleyes2

That is the consensus of the Rules Committee.
Wouldn't be the first time the Rules Committee made nonsensical and incorrect judgements................. :sad2:

I agree. If he’d been first, he would’ve been arguing the other way! :laughing:
Nope, wrong is wrong regardless of who was first to get there............

I did have comments at the beginning, and it did make it into the Table of Contents in the first post, so….precedence would say that it counts.

exactly all in the precedence ::yes::

Nice job, Counselor. Were those your opening arguments or your closing arguments?

Supposed to be opening just in case but now they are closing :teeth:

I saw that you were online along with Pat and Rosie, and I was posting some replies….I figured that you had it in the bag.

:squirrel: I was elsewhere catching up ....

Sorry, that is a bogus argument because none of your other TR updates, including a title, TOC or otherwise have been about anything other your particular trip, or a sidetrip concerning you or your family that had a possibility of containing a Judy. :offtopic:

At one time there were wise men and philosophers arguing the validity of the belief that the world was flat and if you reached the edge you would fall off. A "Nice job" on their part still didn't make their argument any more correct or accurate, just because they were presuasive to the easily manipulated and naive. :scratchin

Glenn had the ability to sneak a Judy in there if he wanted to.
Ah but we look at precedent and it is there..... :teeth:

exactly all in the precedence ::yes::

Supposed to be opening just in case but now they are closing :teeth:

:squirrel: I was elsewhere catching up ....

Glenn had the ability to sneak a Judy in there if he wanted to.
Ah but we look at precedent and it is there..... :teeth:

ThankYou Pat !! Marv will just have to live with the Rules Commitee decision that has sooooo often awarded him UN deserved points !!!;):rotfl2:

I'm glad your friend's family had a nice first visit to Disney World. It looks like they want to go back again, so I'd say that is a success.

How many spreadsheets did you send them??? :confused3 :lmao:

I saw the update when you posted it, and chose to ignore it since I can discern between that which is related to Glenn/Glennbo's family's trip, and something totally unrelated. Of course I realize there are those who can't differentiate between fact and fiction or reality and fantasy........ :rolleyes2

Wouldn't be the first time the Rules Committee made nonsensical and incorrect judgements................. :sad2:

Nope, wrong is wrong regardless of who was first to get there............
well at least you are taking it well marv.:lmao:

Okay, here's the reveal:

The one I was asking people to find, which Marv did, was a reflection in the telephone. You can see Lauren taking the picture, and Judy and Marlene on either side of her.

Marv also noticed that you can see a reflection of Judy's green dress in the legs of the serving tray-thingee that's behind her and Gram in picture #11 (the first picture of them in the Garden View Tea Room).

In the legs of the serving tray ?!?!? :rotfl: I would have never caught that. This is just as bad as those magic eye puzzles (I never get those either lol)

I enjoyed your friend's report, they did pretty well for their first time! I literally lol'd at the part about space mountain, I feel the same way every time, so I close my eyes and of course that only makes the feeling 100x worse. Glad to know he enjoyed BOG, we will hopefully having lunch there in May. I think he's on to something with the bus lane. I have never thought of that before, but it is a good idea especially during high traffic time.

Wonderful night photography Glenn!! I loved the ones you captured of the giraffes especially.

The ladies report on the tea has me VERY excited to go again next month! :yay:

Hi Glenn and family. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. We have never really considered staying at AKV due the distance from most things. We might have to do a Savannah view one of these trips after all your great reviews.

Enjoyed the rookies report too. Sounds like they had a great trip and you were a big help.

OT: Nice win in hoops tonight. All us Buckeye fans really enjoyed it!

Hello Glennbo! I'm back and all caught up! Loved your friend's little notes on their first trip. It's so great to hear they are already thinking about returning and making it a true trip. I hope they really try to get a lot more in since they took it so easy and hit a lot of rough spots. Still, so cool reading about a trip from a newby's perspective otherwise. :)

Excited to read more about your trip though! :mickeyjum

Okay, now that I've apparently started thinking like Rosie, I just dropped by to say...............waiting on that next REAL update!!! popcorn:: :coffee:

Okay, now that I've apparently started thinking like Rosie, I just dropped by to say...............waiting on that next REAL update!!! popcorn:: :coffee:

No I have changed my tactics ,I am patiently waiting fo an update , no longer bugging !!! I will leave that to you!!!:lmao::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter