City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by glennbo123, Jul 8, 2012.

1. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

What a great update, Lauren. Having never been to New York and, therefore, Rockefeller Center, it was great learning so much about it and seeing the artwork from you. Thanks for sharing.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

You seem a little wishy washy, saying Zero but with an "although" caveat. The Rules Committee believes that Zero is your answer, so will give you this round's points, which total one point. ;) :cheer2:

Updated scores are:

Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
    Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
    Pat - 1 Judy-sighting win
    Rosie - 1 Judy-sighting win
    Marvin - 2 Judy-sighting wins

The Rules Committee zoomed in on that very picture and determined that no discernible Judy appears. Sorry, but a good guess....we wondered the same thing.

They can happen at any given time. Always be ready.

Me too, I like museums and things of that nature. Unfortunately, my family won't let me watch the history or biography channels. I get outvoted in favor of SpongeBob (James) or NCIS (Lauren and Marlene) or Law and Order (Judy).

I think I would've really liked this tour. Heck, they liked it and they don't like this type of thing nearly as much as I do.

The tour got really good reviews on some websites I looked at while planning the trip for them.

Thanks, I think Lauren did a nice job writing it up too.

No, that's not her. There are a couple of shots where the photographer got their thumb in the picture and I confirmed with Lauren that she took all of the photographs. Oh well. ;)

4. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

0 Judys.

Loved the update. Wanted to read it earlier when I was at work and can't see pictures. Glad I didn't even try.

I had no idea how impressive the Rockefeller building was. What in informative tour.

Oh - and the Peacock - I totally remember that, and, if I am not mistaken, it used to come home before Disney's Wonderful World of Color because I'm pretty sure NBC was the hosting station.

Too bad about the Today show and Justin Beiber. I hope you got to go the next morning.

I would say it was a good use of DVC points. :thumbsup2

5. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Thanks Vanessa! Glad you liked it. I'm with you, I think I need to take this tour someday!

Thank you Bicki! Just curious, have you taken this tour or is it one of those things that living there, you never get around to doing?

:rotfl2: Good point!

Thanks, I didn't catch that. :thumbsup2 I went back and edited the post -- don't want to be giving out bad info.

Makes sense to me too. I can see the differences in the front and back views.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and found it informative Kathy. :)

6. PlutosRHM55

PlutosRHM55 Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Sorry to hear Lauren never got to see the Today Show up close and personal. Seriously, most Beliebers (not all, but most) are trouble especially the really dedicated ones (like those you ran into). They really can be over-the-top, rude so I totally feel for Lauren. Good thing none were on her tour. So funny they popped a question about him and they all turned to her :laughing:

Love all of Lauren's pictures of Rockefeller center! Joining in on this "Where's Judy" game now and I see none as of yet. But it looks like a cool place. Wish I had the chance to go there when I went. I love all the Greek mythology they have tied in especially the Atlas and Prometheus sculptures, very nice. The old NBC sign looks cool too and the underground tunnels remind me of the little pathways between the Senate housing and the Capitol building. Very cool. Glad to hear Lauren was having a better time than that morning!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of her tour! :mickeyjum

7. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Correct, but not in time for a point. :sad1:

I learned a lot from her writeup too. :thumbsup2 I see a lot of art deco in the pictures.

I believe NBC was also. I remember that peacock as the "old" peacock, the newer one was current when I was watching, but Judy's older than I am so that must be it. :rolleyes:

I'll have to leave it like so many Wonderful World of Disney episodes...."To Be Continued" ;)

I think so. We were really lucky to get the exact dates we wanted.

8. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

Ugh that stinks that Justin Bieber messed up your plans! Hopefully you didn't run into too many JB fans along your travels that day!!

9. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Hey Timmy. Her mom said that they could try another day, so you'll have to stay tuned.

I was surprised to read how she "wanted to punch one of them right in the face", so maybe the anti-Beliebers can be trouble too! :lmao:

She did a good job getting lots of pictures and remembering/sharing what she learned, didn't she?

The tunnels (or at least what I'm picturing, since I wasn't on the tour) remind me of some that exist under several buildings in downtown Wilmington DE. When I worked there, if it was raining I could get from one building to another without getting wet. :thumbsup2

10. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Yeah, but as the planner I kind of blew it on that one. Oops.

Hopefully...for their sakes, right? :rotfl2:

11. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

In all my rush to NOT be first I never did comment on the actual update. :lmao:

Lauren did a great job on her poster. :thumbsup2

Don't beat yourself up about not knowing about Bieber. :rolleyes1

The tour at Rockerfeller Center looks fabulous. Can't believe I have spent all my youth in NY and never had a chance to do that.

I am sorry she wanted to punch the Bieber lovers.

12. BMC423

BMC423 DIS Veteran

I have never taken a tour, although this review is making me want to go sightseeing! I did work at The Metropolitan Museum of Art during college and I read a lot of those city guides that they sell there along with some NYC history books during down time at the shop. Many of these buildings have such history that it is truly amazing to think about.

13. CreightonsMomma

CreightonsMomma Mouseketeer

What a great update! Lauren definitely learned a lot on this tour. A great history lesson to us all! :thumbsup2

14. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Congratulations Yuki! So happy for both of you :bride::groom:

15. dvc4life

dvc4life Disney is my Happy Place

Wonderful update! So much information and the pictures are great. So glad you had a good tour so far since you missed the Today show. What a bummer.

16. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Nice update Lauren! Too bad the Biebs messed up your day. Thanks for sharing so much information. I didn't know about the plates for the trees - that is pretty special for the family who donates the trees. Well, I guess I really didn't know about any of the info you shared! :goodvibes

17. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Justin Bieber is 18 !!! Do I get a point !!!:rotfl::rotfl: When I asked I was given a look like "you don't know " :confused3:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Great Update Lauren , soory about the Today Show !!!:sad2:

18. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

It was beautiful! I think we might have a new favorite resort. Just an amazing place.

Longwood has a special place in our hearts. That's where I proposed to DW. She was mentally incapacitated enough to say yes.

I tried to understand all this points stuff, but it started to sound like Charlie Brown's teacher to me. :rotfl:

That's ok. It happens.

:rotfl2: We would definitely need video.

He's actually 43. I know, right?

I know, the other art is pretty amazing, but I do like this a lot. :rotfl2:

:eek: That has to be some sort of punishment detail.

19. PlutosRHM55

PlutosRHM55 Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Well, that's what the Beliebers do to you ::yes:: Beware.

She definitely did.

I guess it is a very common thing. I actually connected them to the Utilidors in Disney World too, can't believe I didn't think of those first. Such a bad DISer.

20. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Exactly...let's not forget what's really important here. Wait, what is really important??

Thanks. She came up with it on her own. She came to me for an idea on what she could put that would spell "NBC" down the side and I was like [​IMG]

Good point....it'd be worse if I actually knew his schedule.

That's happens so often -- you never visit the tourist-y places near where you live.

I'm looking into Anger Management classes for her. :laughing:

It sounded like a good tour to me. That's neat that you got to spend some working time doing "research" in the gift shop. That must have been a nice place to work.

Thanks Jen. Glad you liked it.

Thank you! At least they got to go back and get some more sleep.

Glad you liked it, and learned a thing or two Tammie!

21. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

No, since he messed up her day that should be minus a point!

Thanks Rosie.

Awesome! Will you be doing a TR? popcorn::

Ahhhhh, I had no idea. Good plan -- get her woozie from all of the beautiful flowers and intoxicating smells, then pop the question.

Wah wah, wah wah wah wah.

[​IMG]

It'd be even better if it was Justin himself taking the brunt of her wrath. [​IMG]

That explains a lot.

If it can't be duplicated in legos, is it really art?

NBC page program. ::yes::

There oughtta be a law. There are none in my household, but I'll be on the lookout.

Oh, good thinking. I didn't make that connection either! [​IMG]