City of Knights & Lights - HERE WE COME!

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by SingingMom, Apr 30, 2012.

1. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

Two weeks from today, we will be in LONDON!!!!!! :cool1:

(No, I have still not packed. :eek: - still waiting to get a better idea on weather.) I did order our transportation to and from the airport from home.

Ordered our currency - what did you use 'cash' for, other than cab rides?

Still debating on footwear.... DH said yesterday, "It can't be more walking than we do in WDW..." So I'm figuring what we are comfortable with in Disney we will probably be ok with in London & Paris.....

Hoping Saturday evening or Sunday morning there will be time to attend mass in Paris....

DD18 just informed me she is packing only one change of clothes, so she has enough room in her luggage to shop in Harrods and Paris. :goodvibes

Any last minute advice for our first "European Adventure"? :hippie:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. k5jmh

k5jmh When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...

It is still a bunch of walking. Especially if you do Notre Dame and go to the top and/or the Tower Eiffel.

[​IMG]

Harrods also takes US Bank Cards. No need to pay in British currency there. We loved it! Say "Hi!" to Adam and Steven from all of us on the DISboards.

[​IMG]

4. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

YAY!!! :yay:

Not much. Only really needed cash if you wanted do pay for something quickly. Most every place we went took credit cards. If you go to the bathroom on your own, you may need to pay the attendants. (ABD pays if you're with them). If you go off during your OYO time, you might need cash for small shops.

I wore athletic shoes for most of it, except when we went to nice dinners and the theatre. Don't let people tell you Europeans don't wear tennis shoes. I saw them all over the place, and one of our local guides was wearing them.

Which days of the tour is that? We had an afternoon/evening on our own, but no mornings. But I think our itinerary got switched around because Notre Dame's schedule changed.

Smart girl! I just hope she's a size 12 or smaller, or she shouldn't hold out much hope for shopping at Harrods. I'm not sure about Paris.

ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!

Sayhello

5. pxlbarrel

pxlbarrel <font color=teal>They won't allow any kind of cow

Who are you getting to pick you up at the airport and back? Just curious really. I've tried two companies so far. Both were good. The one we used last year was excellent.

6. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

k5jmh: Photos were lovely! Hope I'm ok with those heights! :goodvibes

sayhello
    : Thanks once again for your helpful info! We got 80 pounds and 100euros. That should take care of the cabs I think...

As for sneakers - I hate wearing them lol so I think my merrell sandals and my lands end moccasins are going to be what I take with me. (and some pretty ballet flats for evenings)

Yes, DD18 is well below a size 12 (more like a 0 or 2 :cutie: ) so she should be able to find SOMETHING to buy in Harrods. LOL Actually - she is an equestrian, so she hopes to buy something in that special department at Harrods.

pxlbarrel:
    Disney is taking care of the transfers to and from the airport. Did you mean to and from our home airport?

7. pxlbarrel

pxlbarrel <font color=teal>They won't allow any kind of cow

Oh, I wasn't sure if you were taking the ABD transfers. Never mind. :thumbsup2