Citricos Lunch 1 Table Service

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by laurabelle, May 19, 2007.

1. laurabelle

laurabelle DIS Veteran

I just called to book GF Cafe for lunch on 9/1, mostly because it's our anniversary and I want to order a special cake from the GF bakery. The CM said that the GF Cafe won't be serving lunch during that time, as they will be doing the character breakfast and dinner while 1900 PF undergoes rehab...but Citricos will be open for lunch during that time. I asked her if it would require 2 TS on the DDP and she checked and said that actually during that time for lunch it would only require 1TS. I booked it! :woohoo: Just thought I'd let you guys know, I hadn't read it here on the Restaurant board, but I'm not on here all the time.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. travelgirl06

travelgirl06 DIS Veteran

Any idea what the menu will be like for these lunches? I would love to try Citricos, and if it is available for 1TS that would help a lot:goodvibes

4. n2mm

n2mm aka WALTSGIRL

I too would be interested in trying this lunch if this is true. Hopefully the disboards/WDWinfo can find out some information on this soon.

5. laurabelle

laurabelle DIS Veteran

I haven't read about this anywhere... I wouldn't have even known they were serving lunch then if the CM hadn't told me. I'm sorry I didn't ask about the menu. It looks like the rehab starts in July, so at least I'll know for sure if lunch requires only 1TS by the time my trip happens.

6. n2mm

n2mm aka WALTSGIRL

any more news on this?

7. mizliz

mizliz Mouseketeer

subscribing

8. Tiggr924

Tiggr924 Fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!

Anyone have anymore information about this?

9. Alisha's mom Sarah

Alisha's mom Sarah Mouseketeer

I called and asked and they said the menu was going to be basically what the Grand Floridian Cafe menu was.. If that's any help..

10. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

Another nice thing about the Citrico's lunch in September is that it's one of the few resturaunts that still has reasonable availability. I just called last week looking to make ADRs for a last minute-planned trip in early September. I was shut out of so many places, it was really surprising. I'm not sure what's being served at Citricos, but when the CM verified it was 1 TS, I figured it was my only chance to eat at Citricos for 1 TS instead of two.

11. Pumbaa_

Pumbaa_ >Hakuna Matata!< Moderator

The menu will be the GF Cafe menu, NOT the Citrico's dinner menu. Just giving people more space options.

12. LAS321

LAS321 When you wish upon a star...

:wizard: I called this morning and the CM read the menu to me. The Citricos lunch menu is basically the GFC lunch menu. It's burgers, sandwiches, Cobb Salad, Onion Soup. So you'd be using a TS for a lunch menu....not sure it's worth it :sad1:

13. n2mm

n2mm aka WALTSGIRL

Yes I read that the menu is actually the GF Cafe menu. Just checkout the menu on the boards for the GF Cafe lunch and you'll know pretty much what they are serving. We were going to switch, but after seeing that it's the same we won't. Not that it's bad, it's just not worth the effort to come from the BCV over to the GF, when we can get a basic lunch at the YCG.