Cirque du Soleil

Hi,

Good question!!! I would like to know this as well. I love their shows.

Allison an associate
Offically DVC 7/23/03

Here is a link with some info on Cirque du Soleil............IMO it is the best show
biggrinyoyoa.gif
on WDW property.

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir?...p://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cirque/cirque.htm

I think they run seasonal discounts for DVC members.

I agree with ncligs, even if there are no discounts, it's still worth the price!:jester:

Anyone heard any talk of when La Nouba may be replaced with a new show? While it is spectacular and always enjoyable, it would be nice for those of us who've seen it multiple times to have a change.

Thank you for the info ncligs. We went last year in Dec. and are planning to go again this year. We were not DVC members then and we used the discount from The Disney Club. I see that they are offering a discount until Sept. 25th. I guess I'll have to use my Disney Club again.

Thanks again.

I am listening to the CD right now!!! We went to see it two summers ago. Our kids really weren't interested (boys about 12 and 13). Thirty seconds into the show, their jaws were on the floor and they never moved. We all absolutly loved it. We still listen to the CD over and over again!!!

The only bad part about La Nouba is trying to explain it to someone else!! ;) ;) It is so hard to find the right words!

Karen

Originally posted by jekjones1558
Anyone heard any talk of when La Nouba may be replaced with a new show? While it is spectacular and always enjoyable, it would be nice for those of us who've seen it multiple times to have a change.

DD has seen the show 4 times, and each time there have been subtle differences. For example, sometimes there is a ballet dancer, others there is not. Last time the parade was led by an accordian player instead of the usual trumpeteer. Just because you've seen it once doesn't mean you won't enjoy it again!

I know I am in the minority, but I (we) think the show was way, way overrated. We thought it was 'okay' but certainly not on our 'must do' list. We are glad we saw it once, just to see what the hoop-la was all about, but we do not plan on seeing it again.

Again, I do realize we are in the minority, so please have fun! :cool:

We are glad we saw it once, just to see what the hoop-la was all about, but we do not plan on seeing it again.
But MG, the guy playing the trumpet was replaced by an accordian player! :) (Just kidding)

But count me in with the minority on this one. It's spectacular and all, and you can see why they need to charge the high prices, but I've seen it twice and that's once more then I wanted. I was checking my watch early in the second showing.

Unfortunately for me, DW is in the majority. And we're going to Las Vegas between Christmas and New Year's where there's 3 CdS shows. DW wants to see 2 of them. I'm more of a topless showgirl afficianado myself, so I'm hoping to work out a compromise.

jimbo - dh and i have seen the cirque "O" show in vegas and it was really great. it's different from la nouba, as it's water themed, hard to explain but there is a pool in the stage!

warning, tix were $100 each and that was in '01 :eek:

i have found that cirque is one of those 'love it or hate it' type things. we love it and have seen the traveling show 'Quidam' as well.

No DVC discount for CDS, but we did get either an AP or Disney Club one last year. This year, we just purchased on-line, and didn't try for the DC discount.

Yes, we have gone 1 years in a row, and still think it to be worth the price! Took DS and his SO this last trip, and it was their favorite thing of all.

I agree with KarenB that it's hard to explain it to someone who's never heard of it. We saw La Nouba this June and saw Varekai (sp?) in Philadelphia last year. We liked both of them alot, but I don't think I would want to see either one a second time. I'd like to see different ones. I think it's just something everyone should see once, and make their own judgement. I didn't think to ask about a DVC discount for LaNouba (dummy me!). If they have one, though, take it! And enjoy!

Sheri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter