CINDERELLA!!!! The Vandy girls are BACK!!!**UPDATE 8-8-09! THE END-FINALLY! Page 83**

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by VandyFan10, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Tat2ddisneymom

Tat2ddisneymom <font color=green>Will have to keep the husband<br

I LMAO at that update! Great writing and great pictures. And GMax's comment was priceless.:lmao:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

great update and pics.

Glenda you are too funny.

4. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

I just think it is great you guys are doing so well. I have nothing against Vandy...well, except when GA plays them...lol. It seems like it will be a tough game this year. Yeh, that game on Saturday was ugly! The only thing I can say is, I think AL is the best team in the SEC, so hopefully GA can get it together and not have that happen to them again this year. As far as Auburn, they are really having so many problems. They only beat Miss St by 1 point (3 to 2) and Tenn by 2 points (14 - 12) and Vandy seems to be much better than Tenn so I am going with them for my fantasy pick.

I understand why you filled up with half a tank but they are saying that is the reason for the shortage...people are filling up more often now and making sure they have a full tank as opposed to waiting until they get down to a quarter of a tank or so. Unfortunately there is not enough gas in Atlanta at any given time to have everyone with a full tank.

5. BellaSoleil

BellaSoleil Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

You two are so cute! I'm having a blast reading your trip report.:goodvibes

6. punkin413

punkin413 feel the magic, dang it!

i'm at lunch right now in court and thought i'd do some responses. i responded to ALL you guys yesterday and then lost my connection when i posted. so annoying! so i'm only doing a few at a time today.

hey, heather! you, too!

i love the idea of the AC going to AK. you should work for disney! :laughing: otis/ryan stiles actually said something about AK, joking about how it's a shame they close so early and that, "i know, i know......they have to close early because the animals are sleeping" (said in a very whiny, ironic tone.) then he said, "but they could keep everest open late.....that's all i'm sayin!" :rotfl: glad to know the butler is rude in general!

us too!!! :rotfl:

thanks! it was.

thanks so much! yeah, i'd love to stay at the boardwalk. better start saving now! ;)

7. punkin413

the parks weren't empty like that the whole trip, but we never really saw huge crowds so that was nice!

i wonder if ray would build me one of those big systems where the herbs rotate around from the ceiling in big pipes? i'm sure he'd get right on that! :laughing:

thanks for the compliments, but i felt like i was MELTING the entire trip! now consider we are just on the thursday of our trip and it really didn't start getting EXTREMELY hot and humid until the saturday of our trip, which is the day you got there. it's like you stepped off the plane and mother nature said, "WELCOME TO NICE, HOT FLORIDA, GLYNDA!!!" :lmao: my hair steadily got frizzier and more unmanageble as the trip went on!

i guess i lost signal somewhere in the line of soarin because i had it in the land building and then when i looked back down after we were positioned by the line nazi i didn't have it anymore.

as far as the beverly goes, i like to live on the edge. :cool2:

well, when we went in 2007 (which was my first trip back in 1992) ray HATED epcot! we had a bad vibe going that day with the other guests there, so we changed our plans, left and went to MK instead. then when i came back in september 2007 it was only a 2.5-day trip, so we didn't go to epcot at all. then in april/may of this year, we pretty much just stayed in world showcase. so this was the first chance i had to ride it. i'm glad i did though!

8. punkin413

part of the reason i wanted to go there was because you had loved it so much in your TR. so thanks! i'll definitely be visiting there again.

thanks! erica's pic on SE was GREAT!

glad we could make your day better!

they take your pictures near the beginning and then towards the end they ask you a few questions and then tell you a story about "your future" based on the answers and use your pic to tell the story. it's cute!

thanks! that was the only day we purposely matched. i love those shirts!

i don't do well with heat or crowds, so i couldn't deal with june. more power to the people who can though!

9. punkin413

i type fast! :rotfl:

i wonder if you can get a tax credit on those hybrid fish since they're environmentally friendly??? ;)

thanks! we had a blast!

thanks! that was a coincidence that we both wore them! haha. just kidding. ;)

i like to live dangerously. :rolleyes1

thanks! i loved the beach club - hope i can stay there one day!

yeah, it was really nice not having to fight the crowds. i don't remember really having to worry about crowds the whole trip. i mean, the parks weren't THAT empty the whole time but nothing to speak of.

10. punkin413

they were kinda creepy, huh? i heard they sit there with their mouths open to cool off. kinda neat!

hopefully we'll have our photopass pics up in a few days. i just ordered the CD. i will try the beverly again, i'm sure. it's no worse than shooting tequila! :laughing:

thanks! gmax is a hoot!!!

thanks! gmax is so silly!

i hope you're right! ray is a tennessee fan and he knew coming into this year that they wouldn't do well. he doesn't mind though - he wants them to replace phil fulmer!

because of what i do for a living, i never go to the same place two days in a row. sometimes i go 7 miles from my house....sometimes i go 100 miles from my house. if i have to go downtown, half a tank won't get me there and back. at the point i filled up, i didn't know what i'd be doing the next day. so i have to make sure i can get to where i'm going beforehand. and i knew that atlanta definitely didn't have any gas (or at least very few places did). i know that's not helping the problem but because i'm self-employed, my firm and the judge i'm working for really don't care about how or where i get gas....as long as i show up for court. ;)

thanks! appreciate it!!!

11. End_User-X

End_User-X DIS Master :)

What I usually do is copy all the text I'm replying with, before I submit it, just in case I lose connection, or there's some type of posting glitch. That way, I have it in my clipboard to paste without having to type all that again. :headache: Can you tell it's happened to me before too? :laughing:

12. DisneyLaura

DisneyLaura A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

My friend stayed at the Beach Club last year with her family and her mom said it was just beautiful. I have not but I've seen pictures and would love to stay there one day. I love Living with the Land ride. Great pictures with the photopass guy, can't wait to see more.

13. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

That is what my friend - who is also a Tenn fan - says, as well.

Fortunately, I have heard that the supply that is coming in now should help elevate the problems.I was able to get gas today, no problem. Things are supposed to be slowly getting back to normal. :)

14. punkin413

probably a smart thing! i need to take your advice.

oh, it was so pretty! i'd love to say there one day. add it to my list! :laughing:

yeah, i hear it's supposed to get better. i also heard that atlanta metro counties (up through barrow county to the north - don't know how far south/east/west it goes) are required to use low sulfur gas during the warmer months of the year because of the smog problem and it's harder to get low sulfur gas right now. as of october 1st (today) they can switch to regular sulfur gas, which is easier to get.

15. punkin413

guess what??? we got our photopass CDs today!!! :thumbsup2 i was so excited! i ordered them on sunday and they came today. SUPER fast!

so now it's time to catch up on our photopass pics!

first off, we have our first day at DHS. first are the obligatory in-front-of-the-hat pictures. although there was a ginormous stage in the way (for nights of joy) so you couldn't really see the hat as good as you normally can.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

next we come to the pictures taken after we rode RnRC. here's the first, non-controversial one....

[​IMG]

then erica decided to flip off the photopass guy and we all had a good laugh, as you can tell......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these are two of my favorites......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

next is our encounter with woody and buzz lightyear!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more to come!

16. punkin413

okay....on to day 2, epcot! first is the awesome character connection pictures we got.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. punkin413

and now on to the remainder of our photopass catch-up pics!

in front of SE......

[​IMG]

this is the point where we met our crazy photopass guy. so let me tell you what happened, piece by piece.....

okay......here's your standard SE picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stand with our arms out? sure. no problem.

[​IMG]

stand back to back and cross our arms? okay. cute!

[​IMG]

now look at each other and smile? um.....okay. kinda corny, but still fun!

[​IMG]

so now the guy is telling us to "hold hands, only don't hold hands like normal, but grab each other's wrist and.......oh, wait!!!!!!"

then he steps back and angles his camera to the side while erica and i just looked at him with a COMPLETELY CONFUSED look. :confused3 check out how we're holding each other's wrist! :rotfl2:

[​IMG]

we had no idea the monorail was going by (or at least at first we didn't) so we're standing there and thinking WHAT IN THE HECK are we doing????

[​IMG]

if you crop out our hands it is kind of a cool shot!

[​IMG]

after he took those pics we were laughing and erica said, "we don't normally hold hands." then he goes, "oh, i know. this is what i want you to do." then he finished telling us how to pose for this picture......

[​IMG]

which turned out pretty cool!

oh, we get it now!!!

[​IMG]

can't forget the tink pictures!

[​IMG]

this picture cracks me up! it's one of my favorites too.

[​IMG]

then it was time to meet stitch.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

at some point he asked us where our husbands were, so of course we pulled them out! :rotfl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this guy ended up being really cool and i'm glad we saw him because he spent a good 10 minutes with us taking pictures!

okay.....we're all caught up now. we'll add the photopass pics to our updates now. and erica may add more of her favorites when she gets her CD in the mail in a few days. :goodvibes

18. Tat2ddisneymom

Tat2ddisneymom <font color=green>Will have to keep the husband<br

Those are so cute! I get the whole holding hands thing now. I was kinda confused about it before.:laughing:

19. lmillercrew

lmillercrew DIS Veteran

Great pics guys! It looks like you had a lot of fun. It would be nice if all of the photo pass people spent quality time with everyone, but obviously there's just not enough time. I'm thinking of doing a split stay at BC/POR. I just have to loosen up the butt cheeks a little. DH says I'm so cheap that they squeek and that I could squeeze out some diamonds! :lmao: Sorry if that was a little grafic and gross. I actually thought it was funny. How long of a walk from the BC to Epcot?

20. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

Those are some awesome photopass pictures!

21. Glendamax

Glendamax <font color=blue>LOVES Old English Roses china at

Heyyy!!! LOVE your photopass pics! Soooo funny the wrong ones you took before figuring out what he wanted!

I think you two look really cute matched up! If I get to go with some friends next year, I'm going to show them this report to convince them to do the same!

So glad you two had a great time! Isnt it cool how the DIS brings people together!

Looking forward to more . . . .

-G