Cinderella Royal Table Reservation with Dining Package

mistydoodles

Disney Addict
I have a question in regards to making an advanced reservation for Cinderella's Royal Table with the Dining Package.

Currently when you make an advanced reservation for CRT you are required to hold this reservation with a small deposit. Is this deposit still going to be required if you are planning on using your dining package for that meal?

Any information or assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you.

;)

No.....if you are on the dining plan, you do not need to give them a credit card. You just give them your vacation package reservation confirmation. They know where you are staying and will have a credit card on file for the room when you check in.

unixadm said:
No.....if you are on the dining plan, you do not need to give them a credit card. You just give them your vacation package reservation confirmation. They know where you are staying and will have a credit card on file for the room when you check in.

THat's not 100% correct. You do provide a cc at the time of booking for CRT but you are not charged a deposit if you are on the dining plan. You will only be charged if you don't show up or cancel within 24 hours. WDW does not keep you cc on file when you pay for your vacation, and you are given the option at check in to leave a cc for charges but it's not required.

Okay, That makes sense. As long as I am not going to be charged the deposit up front because I am on the dining plan that is fine with me.

I just knew that last year we did pay a deposit and they deducted it from our total bill when it came time to pay for our meal.

We are going this year with 5 other people and I didn't want the hassle of collecting everyone's deposits when I call to make our reservations.

Everyone that is going with us will be on the dining plan so I thought I should check into how this would work for us.

Thanks for all the information. I really appreciate it.

Have a great day. :)

They didn't ask me for a credit card when I booked, but I have confirmed my ADR :confused3

They took my cc # when I booked, and we were not charged the deposit. I read on another thread, however, that it's been somewhat inconsistant. Some people were charged the deposit even though they had dining and they were told they would be refunded the deposit afterward.

We are on the dining plan, had to give a credit card to make ressie & it has been billed to our acount already! I guess it depends on their mood that day!

The CM took my CC# but said it wouldn't be charged if we use the dining plan. I just checked my CC# account summary and I wasn't charged for it either. Later in the same day I added hopping to my park tix and that does show up as a charge on the same bill from Disney. I must say the CM I dealt with when I got the ADR for CRT was wonderful and really seemed on the ball. (She almost sounded like a DIS'er she was so knowledgable and excited about the ressie)

I booked, was charged, but will probably pay out of pocket -

but as others have stated, call disney dining if you were charged, and will use dining plan...

We are on the dining plan, booked CRT dinner and were NOT charged or even ever asked for our CC #.

Maybe they only ask for CC when making ADR for breakfast or lunch since those seem to be the hard to get ressies. I thought your CC was only billed if you didn't show up and didn't cancel :confused3

We are on the Dining Plan and when I made the ADR for CRT lunch they did take my CC# but did not charge me. I read plenty of posts where people WERE charged, so I have been watching my account activity in case a charge did go through. I made the ADR nearly a month ago, so I think I am safe! :)

I was charged $35 for CRT breakfast at time of reservation. But, by the time I got home, I had a $35 credit because I used the meal plan.

Nothing like that Disney consistency.

I just ASSumed that they will credit my account when we show up. We are on the free dining plan and $55 was charged for 5 adults and 1 child to make the reservation.

Last year we were not on the dining plan , we were charged for the reservation and they just deducted that amount from our bill

ut oh.... :earseek: (re ASSume)

it doesnt hurt to call Disney, if you were charged $10 pp, and you have free dining, I would call... but that's just me... and sometimes I do tend to assume too!! :flower:

800-828-0228 (listen and follow prompts and you'll get to disney dining)

Thank you everyone for all the information. It sounds like it is hard to say how this will be handled. I guess I will take Eeyore's advice and call the disney dining line if I indeed end up being charged a deposit.

We will be calling for our advance reservations in September . I will let you all know what happens then.

Thanks again for all your help.

Have a good night.

:goodvibes

We made a PS for 6 adults (all on dining plan), and got charged $60 about a month later. CM told us that once we check-in for our PS at CRT, the money would be refunded back to the credit card. If we no-show, they keep the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter