Cinco de Mayo solo trip: Salsa, Tequila and NUTS? UPDATED 6-10

Sounds like a nice day of relaxing. Thanks for sharing the culinary tour. I intend to that sometime, sounds like for someone with such a small appetite as mine, it could almost be a mini meal!

It was interesting. Nice way to spend a relaxing afternoon. Especially when it was raining outside. Also good marketing on their part. I ended up eating at Jiko because of the tour. So let that be a warning to you.

CJ, I have the recipe from Disney for the Naan bread if you would like it. Just pm me and I will copy/paste it for you. It freezes well and I use it aside meals as well as quick flatbread pizzas.

Yes please. I cook a lot but not much of a baker. Will try it out though.

Yeah...me too. I told you that the Chef's bar was a great place for solo dining...glad you tried it out.
Sounds like you had a fantastic meal and experience there! Yes, we will chastise you for not having any pictures for us to drool over, but we will forgive you this once

You were right. I tend to be chatty (a former boss said that I could talk to anyone about anything) and dining with solos and couples facilitated the conversation. It was a good (but not cheap) meal. Sorry about the lack of pictures.

I can't figure out why, but I feel really hungry after reading this latest update.

I'd love to have a day like that... start off at DHS, doing whatever I want.

Go to the pool bar.

Eat some really good food.

Yeah, I think that's a pretty good way to spend a day on vacation.:thumbsup2

It was. Long gone are the days that I rushed from attraction to attraction. Only spent two other partial days in the parks and never touched foot in the Magic Kingdom. Wanted to see the parade and fireworks, but when I wanted to go, the weather didn't cooperate.

Amarula is very good and very smooth and very potent. Just a little heads up, don't drink any after having a bottle of wine + then have a couple of glasses of Amarula on ice. :lmao::lmao: not a pretty site. I went from having a slight buzz to pick me up off the floor in no time flat and sick for the whole next couple of days. :scared1::scared1: that isn't something to repeat EVER! But our friends whose house we were at are from South Africa and we were having a good time and i wasn't being diligent on stopping as i should have. (obviously)

It was interesting. Nice way to spend a relaxing afternoon. Especially when it was raining outside. Also good marketing on their part. I ended up eating at Jiko because of the tour. So let that be a warning to you.

I've eaten at Jiko maybe four times now. I would go back in a heartbeat, others in my party, not so much. :sad2:

Tinks "SS";45185649 said:
Amarula is very good and very smooth and very potent. Just a little heads up, don't drink any after having a bottle of wine + then have a couple of glasses of Amarula on ice. :lmao::lmao: not a pretty site. I went from having a slight buzz to pick me up off the floor in no time flat and sick for the whole next couple of days. :scared1::scared1: that isn't something to repeat EVER! But our friends whose house we were at are from South Africa and we were having a good time and i wasn't being diligent on stopping as i should have. (obviously)

Maybe that is why I saw some toddlers walking kind of funny. Too many Zebra Domes. Wonder if they sell Amarula by the glass at Jiko. Maybe next time.

I've eaten at Jiko maybe four times now. I would go back in a heartbeat, others in my party, not so much. :sad2:

The spices can be a little unusual for some. I know my daughter would love the flatbreads. I'd eat there again.

I may be breaking one of my rules by not completing a TR before the next trip begins. Internet was down last night when I was planning on doing another update. Only a couple more days to do anyway. But the "other" trip is rapidly approaching and I have to get ready for that one.

Maybe write it up on the long plane ride over there.

I just wanted to chime in on Laura and Kim as well! They are a riot, were so nice to my family and our trip was great, largely due to their great attitudes and friendliness!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter