Churro alert!

Gisele

The real LA bayou
Lol....but seriously, those tasty, cinnamon and sugar infused flavors of soft crispiness delight will cost you $4.25 ea now. Apparently the price went up several months ago. Hey, news to me. When I was there last July, the price hadn't gone up yet. Oh well.... I still pay for it anyway. Lol
I have an interesting, rather shocking little tale to tell about poor Crush. :faint: :scared:

The Anaheim Indoor Marketplace sells them for $1 a piece and (don't kill me but....) I think they're just as good as Disneyland's, maybe even better. Next time I go, I'm going to stop in there and get a bouquet of churros to take back to my hotel.

They don't have all of the fancy flavors, but they're delicious nonetheless.

It seems like the majority of WDW vs. DLR discussions come down to churros. I can assure you, I'll be trying them when we get to DLR, even at $4.25. :D

Even at $4.25 there was a really long line at the first cart on Main Street when we were there on February 5th. My daughter said that it was really good, but still liked the Oreo one at Cozy Cone a little bit better. I think the Cozy cone one was $5.29 and shorter in length.

I gave them a try this trip and made sure I got one freshly made and it is just not worth it in my opinion. My daughter ate half of it and handed it back to me. My son had one bite and then had no interest. Maybe i am missing something or eating them wrong or expecting something else, but I just didn't get it.

I gave them a try this trip and made sure I got one freshly made and it is just not worth it in my opinion. My daughter ate half of it and handed it back to me. My son had one bite and then had no interest. Maybe i am missing something or eating them wrong or expecting something else, but I just didn't get it.
Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad!

Just kidding. That said, I'm down at $4.25 each. In September, I had at least one or two (or three... but that might have been overkill) a day. Love love love those things.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad!

Just kidding. That said, I'm down at $4.25 each. In September, I had at least one or two (or three... but that might have been overkill) a day. Love love love those things.

Ha ha ha. i know I am in the minority, but I just didn't get it. I also tried the Monte Cristo sandwich and just couldn't eat it. It was covered in about an inch of what tasted like fried cod batter. I was expecting something a little tastier and less like fried crispy dough. Otherwise all the other food I had was great.

Ha ha ha. i know I am in the minority, but I just didn't get it. I also tried the Monte Cristo sandwich and just couldn't eat it. It was covered in about an inch of what tasted like fried cod batter. I was expecting something a little tastier and less like fried crispy dough. Otherwise all the other food I had was great.
I haven't tried the Monte Cristo at Disneyland. I've had one before elsewhere, and agree with you. Too much fried-ness. And that's coming from someone who loves his fried food.

I haven't tried the Monte Cristo at Disneyland. I've had one before elsewhere, and agree with you. Too much fried-ness. And that's coming from someone who loves his fried food.

Me too. i always joke with people that if I tell you something is unhealthy, you can take that comment to the bank.

We tried on our trip in July to eat a churro from every single cart in both parks....we love them, but found we don't love them THAT much. Hahaha! Our favorite churro cart is in DCA.....at the 'fork' to get to Soarin....cannot wait til March...will happily pay $4.25!

We tried on our trip in July to eat a churro from every single cart in both parks....we love them, but found we don't love them THAT much. Hahaha! Our favorite churro cart is in DCA.....at the 'fork' to get to Soarin....cannot wait til March...will happily pay $4.25!
I ate one of my breakfast Churros there!

You can also try your local grocery store's freezer section for Tio Pepe's Churros Pastry Stix. That's the same brand that is sold in the parks! You can get a bit of Disneyland at home (and for a lot less) if you're lucky! They don't taste quite the same (maybe the churro machines at the parks cook them better than the toaster at home), but they're still yummy!

They come pre-made and frozen, so unfortunately 'warm' is the closest to 'fresh' you're getting. Not that they're bad as they are, but they're best when they're freshly piped.

I think a lot of people get churros with the impression that they're going to be soft and dough-y like a cinnamon sugar donut and get very confused at the crunchiness of them.

A bouquet of churros sounds really good.

The Anaheim Indoor Marketplace sells them for $1 a piece and (don't kill me but....) I think they're just as good as Disneyland's, maybe even better. Next time I go, I'm going to stop in there and get a bouquet of churros to take back to my hotel.

They don't have all of the fancy flavors, but they're delicious nonetheless.

Yeah....I do like them. And still do buy them. But I am less inclined to do so as often, because when they were $3.75 that was pretty high as it was, in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter