Chunkymonkey & Chubbyhubby's Year of Disney PTR! NEW 12/27 THE END and New TR Link!

Yay for a positive update and a weekend trip! More pixie dust for you that it continues to heal and heal quickly!

I have re-started my weight loss/be more healthy journey this past week. I hit a threshold that has motivated me to get on it. I only have about 15 lbs to lose but at my age it isn't easy. So good luck to you in your healthy eating journey. I will be thinking about you as I travel through mine, as well.

Glad to hear your ankle is healing! I've never had a cast but is sounds like a real pain in the buttocks.

That tub looks heavenly! I used to live in PA in a town called Landsdale, not too terribly far from Lancaster! Loved going to visit Amish country. It's so pretty there

Hi sorry I am quite late in posting. But i have been following...so sorry about your injury. take it easy. ankles are tricky and fickle healers and need time to heal right. Glad that cast is gone, they are not fun. but as you wrote, 5k in 5 weeks, that gives you time to heal and get back on track. Good luck! hang in there, the worst (cast) is past!

I can't imagine having a cast as an adult. I broke my wrist in 2nd grade at the end of the school year/beginning of summer. So, I know how hard it is to keep it dry. I think I had that thing on for 7 or 8 weeks, and it went all the way up past my elbow. That is something that you never forget. Glad to hear yours was short and is mending quickly.

Yay for a positive update and a weekend trip! More pixie dust for you that it continues to heal and heal quickly!

I have re-started my weight loss/be more healthy journey this past week. I hit a threshold that has motivated me to get on it. I only have about 15 lbs to lose but at my age it isn't easy. So good luck to you in your healthy eating journey. I will be thinking about you as I travel through mine, as well.

Thank you! It really is a pain to have to walk around in a brace so hopefully I don't have to do it much longer.
Good luck on your weight loss journey! Mine is kinda non existent at the moment. I want to try but it's easier said than done. :sad:

Glad to hear your ankle is healing! I've never had a cast but is sounds like a real pain in the buttocks.

It is...literally! Because of the cast I had to walk really funny which probably activated muscles I've never used before in my glut area...so I was sore after a few days! sadly all my other muscles I use regularly is getting no workout. LOL.

That tub looks heavenly! I used to live in PA in a town called Landsdale, not too terribly far from Lancaster! Loved going to visit Amish country. It's so pretty there

That's cool! It's sooo pretty there. I love going there to get away. It's so peaceful and pretty. Even in the winter it was still very nice..

I've never had a cast, but it sounds awful! Sorry you had such a rough week. Hope things improve quickly now!

Thank you!! You never want to get a cast, ugh, the showering part was the biggest pain.

Hi sorry I am quite late in posting. But i have been following...so sorry about your injury. take it easy. ankles are tricky and fickle healers and need time to heal right. Glad that cast is gone, they are not fun. but as you wrote, 5k in 5 weeks, that gives you time to heal and get back on track. Good luck! hang in there, the worst (cast) is past!

Thank you so much! This injury couldn't have come at a worse time. I feel like I'm doing a lot better, but also still quite weak in the ankle. I hope that I will be ready in 4 weeks. At this point, I just want to get out of the brace!

Yay for the cast coming off!!! Another month to go to strengthen it even more - you are going to rock your run!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I am getting a little nervous though. I hope I can still walk it ok. right now it pains me to even walk a few blocks let alone 3 miles.:sad: I'm still hoping for the best!

I can't imagine having a cast as an adult. I broke my wrist in 2nd grade at the end of the school year/beginning of summer. So, I know how hard it is to keep it dry. I think I had that thing on for 7 or 8 weeks, and it went all the way up past my elbow. That is something that you never forget. Glad to hear yours was short and is mending quickly.

Yikes, that's a long time for a cast. One of my sisters had one too when she broker her wrist. Probably sometime in elementary school. I remember her having to keep it dry all the time. What a pain!

Every day you'll get stronger and if it means you'll end up walking it....even at a slow pace....well you know what? That's just fabulous still!!!! Because at least you're doing it :love:

So as of last Friday the cast is off!
party: It must be ankle celebration week because I FINALLY just got released from my PT this past week as well!

The cast was uncomfortable, it was hot, and I felt like my foot itched everywhere.
Meh! Talk to me when you've spent an entire southern summer in an orthotic boot! :crazy2::faint: But then at least I could take it off at times.

Let's just say it was a low point for me. The house was a mess because I hadn't cleaned it. I felt fat and bloated because I hadn't exercised and just ate my feelings all week. My DH couldn't do the laundry properly (I usually do it) and I was sitting around hampers of wet clothes with my leg propped up and I had a bit of a meltdown. :sad:
:hug: Sounds like it was just a rotten week.

This was my weekend: Taking long baths in this fabulous tub at the Amish View Inn and watching football, when we were not eating buffets and smorgasbord of course, LOL.
:lovestruc Sounds and looks like a well deserved break after such a rotten week!

So as of last Friday the cast is off!

That's great!

Looking back it seems so silly, I mean I only had to wear the cast for a week. But it was a looooong week.

No, not silly at all. Sounds like a rather tough week. But glad that it's healing nicely

This was my weekend: Taking long baths in this fabulous tub at the Amish View Inn and watching football, when we were not eating buffets and smorgasbord of course, LOL.

Lovely way to spend a weekend (minus the football for me of course)

Every day you'll get stronger and if it means you'll end up walking it....even at a slow pace....well you know what? That's just fabulous still!!!! Because at least you're doing it :love:

Thanks! I hope so...3 more weeks and 2 days...the thought seems a little daunting since I've just gotten back to walking somewhat normally and wearing shoes other than sneakers.

party: It must be ankle celebration week because I FINALLY just got released from my PT this past week as well!

Yay!! Ankles rejoice!!!

Meh! Talk to me when you've spent an entire southern summer in an orthotic boot! :crazy2::faint: But then at least I could take it off at times.

I'm sorry about your injury! And wearing the boot all summer sounds...uncomfortable. LOL. But they key is you could take it off! Hope you are feeling better! When's the next WDW trip?

:hug: Sounds like it was just a rotten week.

:lovestruc Sounds and looks like a well deserved break after such a rotten week!

Thank goodness that week was over, it was torture.

That's great!

No, not silly at all. Sounds like a rather tough week. But glad that it's healing nicely

thank you! I really appreciate it!
Lovely way to spend a weekend (minus the football for me of course)

I watched a little bit of football before dozing offf. That tub was heavenly!

So glad to hear you are out of the cast. Here's hoping you can complete your recovery soon.

That looks like fun! I need to remember that--we aren't too far from there, and I love going shopping in that area! I've never stayed there before!

Thank you so much! The ankle is a work in progress, lol.
Lancaster is sooo peaceful and I love the Amish View Inn...we stay in the adult section and it's gorgeous. The other kid-friendly rooms are nice too just more "traditional" in decor. The breakfast and service are wonderful.

So I am pitifully WAY behind here! I can't keep up with the Beach Club FAQ, my own trip report has been neglected and I haven't even dreamed of being able to visit the PTR board!

But it is a snowy day, so I have tried to catch up a bit.

I am going to start here on Page 9 and go forward then re-read some of the earlier pages if I am able to find the time.

I was so sad to read about your ankle and how uncomfortable you were. How discouraging to be working so hard at a goal and have something like this happen.

:(

That being said, your trip plans still sound incredible!

Brunch at Kona sounds fantastic! Yay for meets scheduled with friends!

Your day starting at the Wave with friends, awesome Fast Passes at HS and then the Star Wars Tour! Wicked! I haven't read anything about that. Can't wait to hear what it is like.

Spoiler Alert... You CAN see both the Star Wars fireworks and Illuminations on the same night- although we walked from park to park to do that, though.

Your birthday plans are perfect!!! I also did not know about the FoF viewing/ice cream option.

We have never dined at California Grill either but it looks incredible. And the fireworks from up and above are spectacular!

:dogdance:

PTR Update Feb 1st 2017 - 20 days to go!

So, here we are at the 20 day mark until our February 2017 trip! This will the first of four planned trips for the year. I guess I will update my countdowns below:
Our Year of Disney 2016-2017:

DECEMBER 2-7 2016: COMPLETED! We had a blast! Dining TR here.
Lodging: WDW Dolphin

FEBRUARY 23-28 2017:
20 Days until Princess 5k and my birthday trip!
Lodging: Contemporary Garden Wing
ADRs: Complete
FP+: Complete
Flights: Booked!

MAY 3-7 2017:
90 Days until May the 4th and Flower and Garden Festival Trip
Lodging: Boardwalk Garden View Studio
ADRs: Complete
FP+: TBD on March 4, 2017

AUGUST 12-19 2017:
191 Days until Big Family Trip
Lodging: Polynesian Village Standard Room
ADRs: TBD on February 13, 2017
FP+: TBD on June 13, 2017

OCTOBER 21-28 2017:
261 Days until Disney Cruise Line - 7-night Canada Coast with Marvel Day at Sea on Disney Magic

OCTOBER 30 - NOVEMBER 4 2017:
270 Days until Halloween and our 9-year Anniversary plus Food & Wine at WDW
Lodging: Grand Floridian Standard View Studio
ADRs: TBD on May 3, 2017
FP+: TBD on Aug 31, 2017

I've updated some of our plans for February too. But the main thing, is that I was cleared by my doctor to walk the 5k! After the stress fracture, I wasn't so sure. Recovery has been the biggest pain in the ___(insert body part here). No, literally, I'd have weird twinges and twangs of pain shooting through my foot and all the way up to my hip at random times. I was so worried I did something wrong or bent my foot the wrong way and I wasn't recovering well. But the doctor said the x-rays look fine and the bone is healed, it's just the ligaments and muscles which are really stiff. I am still wearing a brace, but it's a much softer brace and more comfortable. Still it's a pain because I can only wear a few pairs of shoes (mostly sneakers) with the brace. I just started my first PT session today and I'll continue it for the next few weeks up until we leave. The PT said I am doing pretty well and I didn't feel any pain, but my ankle area is still pretty weak right now.

Oh and new MagicBands arrived!

aRFdXs1hrpAYxNOGRFCD8SbjmndhE19udrUFLWt3bPwtn7e-H_PT50XlELZvGFPv02yOYfONhPLJKniVTTaBWEmDDxJRq5a4CHaMv-eAtkcflqQI_6zAalffrcwQZH-qzp86K9MwVT3F9dGxb0OKOgrNKw0AIA2Zji0OBCgCeeWyv5Z4kvXTKuVCRkJGeqYh-WwtKOm_92EMfD76eJbZwAZToPxMNUMLQctDAvOqE93ez51tjNPM4fmP46hZJmTOdE4JyQNozffDm1ft3FZsqanm5wtvNZT1ysY2liEq-01rts1UyfXXG3aygTrQD7DB35JJPo2H7cLUKPyIQwMsfsqqQBkYg8PdQh3ngJtzDi7XijwABvN42OD8oKRObxIsAnOHjg73S17wITJcQrhwiV6HV38539rwswMkWOkC13mgFMKQnk8pP7ITeBdOHQLCypQHBAoXprr-uLLXziwtqJKukHh3w_M1c82yTspQLNisng0YbwF2nlP7gXvuzsNi2p9089KRDhMcP4QuncnRRn4da8h7lpAc9Ozah93TAtlzKwvyHnblG5KggzhLccYmEC5Urpn4VIQ33Z3wSA7ijhzPVLgUQ6K6x-LwmW3ny8Ob3nJe7-46BA=w573-h670-no

Excited to see the new design. I think they feel more flexible than the older ones.

I've made a few changes to my Feb plans, nothing big really, just added a couple more DISMeets!
Feb 22nd: Fly down to MCO from Newark after work. Staying the night at the airport Hyatt Regency since we land after midnight. Have to remember to pick up our checked bags since we're so used to ME luggage service!

Feb 23rd: Take ME to the Contemporary in the morning, drop stuff off, and head to the Run Disney Expo, maybe around 10:30am.
Then, we head to MK! (BTW, how does one get to MK from the Expo? Are there buses? I have not figured out the transport yet.)
12:50 PM - 1:50 PM Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
3:10 PM - 4:10 PM Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
5:25pm: Dinner at 1900 Park Fare

REST!

Feb 24th: PRINCESS 5K!
I assume our day will start super early, like 4am early :crazy2:
6am Run Disney PRINCESS 5K!! Well, more like Walk Disney for me.
10:35am Brunch at Kona Cafe.
Then we'll head to Epcot!
11:45 AM - 12:45 PM Spaceship Earth
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
2:40 PM - 3:40 PM Frozen Ever After
We'll probably head back and rest after Frozen. Maybe we will get something to eat as well. I've left this open for now.
9:30pm and beyond...DisMeets with @LindseyJo22 @Elevationist and @cinderkelly at Trader Sams! Some of us might even go to the Contemporary after for some more libations. I'm looking forward to this!

Feb 25th: DHS
8:30am Breakfast at The Wave with DIS friends @Elevationist and @cinderkelly!
We'll take a bus over to DHS after!
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
10:30 AM - 10:45 AM Voyage of The Little Mermaid
11:50 AM - 12:50 PM Toy Story Mania!
1:00pm 7-Hour Star Wars Guided Tour (Includes meal at Backlot Express as well as the dessert party)
7:00pm Star Wars Galactic Dessert Party.
I think the fireworks start a little later today, so not sure if we can still make it over to Epcot for Illuminations at 9pm. We'll play this by ear.

Feb 26th: Epcot
Back to Epcot today!
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
10:55 AM - 11:55 AM Spaceship Earth
1:25 PM - 2:25 PM Test Track
Hopefully a Dismeet with @Heidi Lou !
5:00pm - Was supposed to go to Ohana for dinner but my friend Betsy booked a trip down for the Princess half! So we're going to go to Yachtman's Steakhouse with her friend, Carol. Yay more Dismeets! And this is awesome because Betsy is the one who introduced us to the best server at Yachtsman, David so it'll be nice to go there with her! Sadly I've had to give up my Ohana ADR but no worries, we'll be going there in May! I've been on the lookout for an ohana ADR for another day but so far no luck.
After dinner, we may do some Disney Springs shopping or go back to Epcot, whatever works.

Feb 27th: My birthday!

8:05am: We have a PPO breakfast at Be Our Guest
9:10 AM - 10:10 AM Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
10:35 AM - 11:35 AM Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
1:35 PM - 2:35 PM Peter Pan's Flight
2:30pm: Tiana's Riverboat Party - Ice Cream Social & FoF Parade Viewing Party
Before dinner...DISMeet with my friend Ann! She used to be on the Disboards (not sure she's still here as her username is gone) but she runs all the Run Disney races and is running the 5k, 10k AND the Half throughout the weekend. She's also a DVC member so she kindly offered to take us up to Top of The World Lounge for some drinks before our dinner at California Grill.
6:50pm: Dinner at California Grill
Wishes is supposed to be at around 8pm today. Our first time watching Wishes from California Grill! Actually our first dinner here!

Feb 28th: AK
We'll have to check out, drop our luggage and then head to AK.
9:05 AM - 10:05 AM Kilimanjaro Safaris
9:50am - Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House
11:20 AM - 12:20 PM Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
12:25 PM - 1:25 PM DINOSAUR
Then unfortunately it'll be time to leave as we have a 4:30pm flight back to NJ

So that's our final plan for Feb! Super excited despite my injury. I'm hoping I can at least make it through the parks for entire days. Maybe less walking than usual and more breaks.

For our May trip, nothing has really changed but I'm really looking forward to adding this breakfast if it at all becomes available before May 3rd:

From Disney Parks Blog:

RapunzelandFlynnFI.jpg

New Character Breakfast to Debut at Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk

An all-new character dining experience will debut this spring at Disney’s BoardWalk, with appearances by adventurous royal couples from beloved Disney films! A delicious breakfast awaits you at Trattoria al Forno, as you get ready to set out for a day of endless magic at Walt Disney World Resort. It’s a hearty “bon voyage” celebration, featuring popular characters from favorite Disney stories like “Tangled” or “The Little Mermaid.” During your visit, be sure to share the tales of your own hopes and dreams, the adventures you’ve had… and those still to come with our favorite princess or prince!

This unique, new character breakfast is slated to begin in late spring. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog – we’ll be sharing more details, including the opening date, when you can make reservations, and menu offerings!

This is really exciting as I can't turn down a character breakfast especially with Princes! :) Plus we'll be staying at the Boardwalk, so it's like a must-do, right? I just cross my fingers it'll open in time for our May trip!

For our August family trip...it looks like things are finally happening! Everyone has put down deposits, and ADRs are happening in about 11 days...GULP I have my work cut out for me. I haven't even begun to figure out how to book reservations for groups of 15 people, but hopefully it will be ok. There are a few must-dos for us: 'Ohana (it's my sisters' favorite!), and CRT for my niece's Eva's 5th birthday. She will actually be down there for her birthday so I think it'll be really special for her, and Cinderella is her FAVORITE princess. Also, my best friend Kelly and her kids will be going too and one of her daughter's birthday is also in August so we'll be celebrating hers as well. It's a big celebration! Those are my only two must-dos and hopefully we can all dine together and I won't have to split us up into smaller groups.

Can't believe it's only 20 more days until we're back at WDW!!

Last edited:
So I am pitifully WAY behind here! I can't keep up with the Beach Club FAQ, my own trip report has been neglected and I haven't even dreamed of being able to visit the PTR board!

But it is a snowy day, so I have tried to catch up a bit.

No worries, I've been so behind too. I totally didn't realize you had another TR going!

I was so sad to read about your ankle and how uncomfortable you were. How discouraging to be working so hard at a goal and have something like this happen.

:(

Thanks...it's incredibly discouraging and I thought I was going to have to pull out of the run, but looks like I'm ok to walk it for now!

That being said, your trip plans still sound incredible!

Thanks! I'm excited for a lot of firsts on this trip...first time seeing Wishes from Cali Grill, first time watching FoF parade (with Tiana too!), and first time eating dinner at 1900 Park Fare and breakfast at The Wave. :)

Brunch at Kona sounds fantastic! Yay for meets scheduled with friends!

Looking forward to that night. After the 5 k is over we can relax!

Your day starting at the Wave with friends, awesome Fast Passes at HS and then the Star Wars Tour! Wicked! I haven't read anything about that. Can't wait to hear what it is like.

Spoiler Alert... You CAN see both the Star Wars fireworks and Illuminations on the same night- although we walked from park to park to do that, though.

I haven't heard much about the SW tour either, but since DH and I were going to do all those attractions anyways, plus the dessert party, I thought it might be fun to try. I hope they provide us with more inside information rather than showing us the attractions and pointing out the meet n greets. However, priority viewing area fot the March of the Resistanec may be cool because we could barely watch it in Dec, so many people crowded around.

I realized that evening the Fireworks seem to start a little later - think the park closes at 8pm instead of 7. So not sure I will be able to catch Illuminations, or at least maybe not the very beginning. We'll play it by ear.

Your birthday plans are perfect!!! I also did not know about the FoF viewing/ice cream option.

We have never dined at California Grill either but it looks incredible. And the fireworks from up and above are spectacular!

:dogdance:

We haven't watched the FOF parade in it's entirety. Usually because it's at the hottest time of day and I'd rather be in a ride or by the pool, lol.
Super psyched about our dinner at California Grill!

Well I'm perpetually behind these days - but I'm so so excited about February!

I'm hoping you get to do the Trattoria breakfast - we thought that sounded pretty cool. I do wonder if they will change the menu to being fixed price or something. Will and I were trying to figure out if there were any character breakfasts that weren't either fixed price or buffets, and we couldn't think of any. The breakfast menu always looked very good, so I'm hoping they'll keep some things even if they do change it.

Sounds like your May and August trips will be super fun - we'll be down in May too, and I'm excited! It's one of my favorite times to go with Flower and Garden happening. It looks like they may have released the menus too, so I'll be making a list of what I want to snack on :D

New Character Breakfast to Debut at Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk

An all-new character dining experience will debut this spring at Disney’s BoardWalk, with appearances by adventurous royal couples from beloved Disney films! A delicious breakfast awaits you at Trattoria al Forno, as you get ready to set out for a day of endless magic at Walt Disney World Resort. It’s a hearty “bon voyage” celebration, featuring popular characters from favorite Disney stories like “Tangled” or “The Little Mermaid.” During your visit, be sure to share the tales of your own hopes and dreams, the adventures you’ve had… and those still to come with our favorite princess or prince!

This unique, new character breakfast is slated to begin in late spring. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog – we’ll be sharing more details, including the opening date, when you can make reservations, and menu offerings!

This is really exciting as I can't turn down a character breakfast especially with Princes! :) Plus we'll be staying at the Boardwalk, so it's like a must-do, right? I just cross my fingers it'll open in time for our May trip!
I can't wait for this! As far as I can tell it probably will be bookable in May I can't wait to find out when we can book!

Well I'm perpetually behind these days - but I'm so so excited about February!

I'm so behind too but yay for FEB!

I'm hoping you get to do the Trattoria breakfast - we thought that sounded pretty cool. I do wonder if they will change the menu to being fixed price or something. Will and I were trying to figure out if there were any character breakfasts that weren't either fixed price or buffets, and we couldn't think of any. The breakfast menu always looked very good, so I'm hoping they'll keep some things even if they do change it.

We've not dined here before but now it's definitely on my radar! So excited!

Sounds like your May and August trips will be super fun - we'll be down in May too, and I'm excited! It's one of my favorite times to go with Flower and Garden happening. It looks like they may have released the menus too, so I'll be making a list of what I want to snack on :D

Me too! It's becoming our favorite time to go as well! DH loves to garden so so it's right up his alley.

YAY! I am so determined to make my first dismeet happen!

I'm happy to be your first DISmeet! I'll pm you with my info!

I can't wait for this! As far as I can tell it probably will be bookable in May I can't wait to find out when we can book!

I know, I can't wait for this to happen! Crossing my fingers for May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!