Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby Feed the Force!! A May 2015 TR - Update 10/29 Trip Epilogue!

How was solo trippin' around the world? SO. MUCH. FUN. I never knew I could enjoy Disney on my own! I was having a ball walking at my own pace, stopping to see whatever I wanted to see...

I would love to experience Disney or even part of a day on my own!! My family would think I was totally weird if I left them but I will definitely try it one day!! :earsgirl: You took some beautiful pictures of the topiaries!

DH wanted to attend some of the F and G seminars at Festival Central (specifically the one about growing hot peppers!) (Hi Tracy!)

(Hi Steve!) :wave2: :laughing:

ejHdby4y_4Tstvzbz4ToY5t6BKgSF1d-LWGyDrqMbolB=w965-h643-no

I LOVE this picture!!!

How was solo trippin' around the world? SO. MUCH. FUN. I never knew I could enjoy Disney on my own! I was having a ball walking at my own pace, stopping to see whatever I wanted to see...
Right?!?!? :thumbsup2
O.M.G. This looks SO good! :lovestruc

You know, I'm a DisneyLAND girl through and through and your TR is honestly the first time I have ever thought "damn, I need to go to WDW soon!" First SWW, now WDW in general....you're dangerous ;-)

Not sure if I said hi before so if not - Hi!:wave2:

Hi StephanieE!!! Welcome!!

I read through your whole cruise report too and I'm thinking that I want to take a Disney Cruise now! I actually started pricing out the cruise to Alaska(again) in the middle of your TR. :laughing:

I am seriously addicted...I need to be on a Disney cruise now!!

I think your trip has been amazing so far and can't wait to read the rest! We were also down for the last few days of F&G and SWW. It was an amazing experience and reading about your trip is bringing it all back! :)

It was amazing, right?? I am still so in awe of this trip and how special it was...SWW is awesome! And I never knew DH would like the F and G so much! One year when I get an annual pass we will go for every event!

I went back for Frushi a second time too. It was my absolute favorite of all of the offerings. We had a lot of fun eating/drinking at the different booths and I can't wait to do it again someday! :)

Me too! I :love: Frushi!

We actually bought some flowers from one of the vendors and they are just starting to sprout. I hope to have beautiful flowers soon! I hope that your DH learned some great gardening tips!

That's really cool! Do you live near WDW? Was it easy to carry home? (I am assuming you bought a plant and not seeds?)

He did! He learned how he was growing his peppers wrongly so the ones we have are not spicy at all!

You guys take amazing pictures!! The one on test track is impressive! I always look horrible on ride photos!! :crazy2:

Thanks! I am an ex- wedding photographer. I actually don't bother with the big camera anymore I just bring a point and shoot on trips now. So much lighter and easier!!

The track photo...lol no amount of photoshop will be able to erase those chins on me...:rotfl:

I a NYer (but very close to NJ - I do all my shopping there, and lots of eating, too) and my wardrobe is mainly black and gray, as well! Lol! I totally feel you on that one. I do try to throw color in occasionally, but I always feel like it doesn't look as good.

You gotta love the no tax on shoes and clothes in NJ!! I think it's a northeast thing...since we're cold half the year most people just gravitate to the dark colors...then they forget to wear color other times of year lol. I serious have a set of Disney clothes, and then my regular clothes (mostly boring work clothes) hahaha.

I would love to experience Disney or even part of a day on my own!! My family would think I was totally weird if I left them but I will definitely try it one day!! :earsgirl: You took some beautiful pictures of the topiaries!

I think it'll be really fun! It's a nice break and you feel very liberated! No one was telling me they were tired, or we should have gone here, or there, or why do we have this at that time, or why won't you come with me to meet Mulan..I mean I love my family and all but I need a break. Hehe.

(Hi Steve!) :wave2: :laughing:
I LOVE this picture!!!
Right?!?!? :thumbsup2
O.M.G. This looks SO good! :lovestruc

YES!!! The tartine was really good!! Thanks!!!

You know, I'm a DisneyLAND girl through and through and your TR is honestly the first time I have ever thought "damn, I need to go to WDW soon!" First SWW, now WDW in general....you're dangerous ;-)

LOL Glad to be of service...I love DL too...I haven't been for many years but I think I'm due for a visit soon! Haven't seen any of the new stuff or World of Color!!

It was amazing, right?? I am still so in awe of this trip and how special it was...SWW is awesome! And I never knew DH would like the F and G so much! One year when I get an annual pass we will go for every event!

SWW was AMAZING! It is the only thing that would make me go again during the hotter/busier season!

We actually bought annual passes this year! We've been twice and are planning a trip in November right now. I'm hoping to squeeze at least one more trip in before it expires! I'd go every month if I could swing the cost!

That's really cool! Do you live near WDW? Was it easy to carry home? (I am assuming you bought a plant and not seeds?)

We actually live in Pennsylvania! We bought 3 Plumeria cuttings and they were super easy to transport home! We wrapped them up in a Disney bag and put them in our suitcase! They were roughly $40 which I'm sure is a Disney price (aka not the best price!) but we thought it would be a really cool souvenir/way to remember the trip!:daisy:

I agree that some of the lines at Epcot (Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land...) seemed stupid long compared to how the used to be. :scared: I was always happy to have a Fastpass for Spaceship Earth!

I actually really like your "unflattering" Test Track picture - you look like you're loving the ride! :thumbsup2

I love all of your Character Spot and topiary pictures. I'd love to go to Epcot during F&G one of these years to see the topiaries in person.

So many people said great things about the Frushi - I'm glad you liked it!

OMG I want that cheesy bread...right now. Looks deeelissh. Though..not sure how after eating that you managed at Yachtsman...I guess I will find out lol. I'm glad you had a good time solo touring. I always wondered if I'd like that but looking at your TR ...I think I would. I love the idea of doing exactly what I want...just not sure for how long I'd like it solo. But a day sounds good lol

and of course all I want to do is eat
I mean, eating is a big part of WDW, right? :rotfl:

At the entrance to WS there was Anna and Elsa! We took a PP pic but we never got it! :(
When we were there, every time we passed there was HUGE line for the topiaries. We never got a picture :(

It was a piece of toasted country bread with melted cheeses on top...I think it was Parmesan, gruyere, and a slice of goat cheese in the middle with herbs.
That looks AMAZING! Will have to put in on my try list!

I'm way behind- just catching up on your time at EPCOT

Awesome Photopass pictures! Wow, 1,000!!! Impressive. Of course you have willing participants. I always have to beg my family to stop for photos.

The topiaries are so amazing.

Your food and drink choices look pretty darned good. A Dole Whip ALWAYS hits the spot! Glad you enjoyed the Grey Goose Slushie. The ceviche and frushi particularly looked good to me.

:goodvibes:

Loved your MK fun once your sister arrived! Looks like you had some great character meets and I love how happy you guys are together. Silly too! ;)

Big Thunder and Columbia Harbor House are two of my favorites! Great start!

What a cute room!

That's exactly what I was going to say!

:thumbsup2

I have a confession to make...I have not seen Cars or Cars 2...at least not in their entirety (hangs head in shame).

No judgment from me, in fact you would probably be horrified to hear the list of recent Disney movies I have yet to see. Princess & the Frog, Brave, Tangled, Big Hero 6, ... In my defense, I have teen boys and I have seen all of the Lord of the Rings flicks.

Cars may have been one of the final of the Disney movies my guys would tolerate.

:(

Awesome start at HS!!!

Great scores on TSM.

I have never actually been in it but I love, love, love the photo ops in the queue for the Woody and Buzz meet.

:rotfl:at you geeking out on the Lego R2D2 and C3P0 (I totally would too)

R2D2.jpg

Oh, haven't seen Cinderella either, but the carriage looks like a really cool ride!

:car:

SWW was AMAZING! It is the only thing that would make me go again during the hotter/busier season!

Agreed!!

We actually bought annual passes this year! We've been twice and are planning a trip in November right now. I'm hoping to squeeze at least one more trip in before it expires! I'd go every month if I could swing the cost!

Very nice!! If we got AP I'd definitely do at least 3-4 trips just to make it worth it!

We actually live in Pennsylvania! We bought 3 Plumeria cuttings and they were super easy to transport home! We wrapped them up in a Disney bag and put them in our suitcase! They were roughly $40 which I'm sure is a Disney price (aka not the best price!) but we thought it would be a really cool souvenir/way to remember the trip!:daisy:

Cool! That's a great souvenir!

I agree that some of the lines at Epcot (Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land...) seemed stupid long compared to how the used to be. :scared: I was always happy to have a Fastpass for Spaceship Earth!

Yup, us too!

I actually really like your "unflattering" Test Track picture - you look like you're loving the ride! :thumbsup2

Haha, thanks...I do love the ride. I don't mind the new technology...but the ride picture is not at the same spot as it used to be so I'm usually caught unaware. :)

I love all of your Character Spot and topiary pictures. I'd love to go to Epcot during F&G one of these years to see the topiaries in person.

They are amazing! So intricate and detailed.

So many people said great things about the Frushi - I'm glad you liked it!

It was really good! It's like a really yummy tropical dessert - in sushi form LOL

OMG I want that cheesy bread...right now. Looks deeelissh. Though..not sure how after eating that you managed at Yachtsman...I guess I will find out lol. I'm glad you had a good time solo touring. I always wondered if I'd like that but looking at your TR ...I think I would. I love the idea of doing exactly what I want...just not sure for how long I'd like it solo. But a day sounds good lol

Oh trust me, I can eat. I may not be "hungry" but I can still eat - really bad for my health, but satisfies all my cravings LOL.

I actually did a decent amount of solo tripping last year when I went with just my sister...she was obsessed with meeting the characters and would wait on lines 40 minutes long or more...I'd rather not so I usually walk around and go shopping or eat a snack instead :) I haven't done it for a full day but for several hours it is very nice!

I mean, eating is a big part of WDW, right?:rotfl:

It is!!! I just love eating at WDW!

When we were there, every time we passed there was HUGE line for the topiaries. We never got a picture :(

Yup, the lines were long! :(

That looks AMAZING! Will have to put in on my try list!

It was good if you like cheese!!

I'm way behind- just catching up on your time at EPCOT

Welcome back Dee!

Awesome Photopass pictures! Wow, 1,000!!! Impressive. Of course you have willing participants. I always have to beg my family to stop for photos.

In all honestly half of the pics were those pictures that they include with all photopass, those generic stock photos. I wish they had a system that figured out that if you already have those pics in your account that they won't include them again. I had to weed through all of them and delete all the duplicates.

The topiaries are so amazing.

They are!!

Your food and drink choices look pretty darned good. A Dole Whip ALWAYS hits the spot! Glad you enjoyed the Grey Goose Slushie. The ceviche and frushi particularly looked good to me.

I enjoyed the food kiosks! And I could really use a dole whip now!

Loved your MK fun once your sister arrived! Looks like you had some great character meets and I love how happy you guys are together. Silly too! ;)

Thanks! Yeah we're nuts. She loves Disney like me and will partake in almost anything Disney-related.

Big Thunder and Columbia Harbor House are two of my favorites! Great start!

Me too! :cutie:

That's exactly what I was going to say!

:thumbsup2

:daisy::daisy::daisy:

No judgment from me, in fact you would probably be horrified to hear the list of recent Disney movies I have yet to see. Princess & the Frog, Brave, Tangled, Big Hero 6, ... In my defense, I have teen boys and I have seen all of the Lord of the Rings flicks.

LOL...In all honesty I have not seen Princess and the Frog either, and Brave I thought was just ok...Big Hero 6 is definitely a must see though. I think your boys will like it!

Awesome start at HS!!!

Great scores on TSM.

Thanks! My arm was very tired...

I have never actually been in it but I love, love, love the photo ops in the queue for the Woody and Buzz meet.

I think it's a great line for character meets...as you do have some photo ops as you wait in line and it's indoors so you're not waiting in the heat.

:rotfl:at you geeking out on the Lego R2D2 and C3P0 (I totally would too)

View attachment 104498

Hahahaha, really cute comic!

Oh, haven't seen Cinderella either, but the carriage looks like a really cool ride!

:car:

It does! they didn't let anyone go in but I wonder if it is decorated as nicely inside as it is on the outside. It could just be an empty shell inside.

Breakfast looked AWESOME!!! The Sci-Fi is such a perfect setting for that. I loved the look of the food you had and the characters were so great. I love Jawas!

I'm glad your omelet wasn't Chewie!

:chewy:

The Feel the Force parade spot looked worthwhile. You got some great views, and photos, of the characters and actors.

The young padawans are soooooo adorable. I wonder how they were picked. Lucky kids at the right Jedi Training Academy? Or something else?

I'm going to knock off for the night, but I have enjoyed reading!

Breakfast looked AWESOME!!! The Sci-Fi is such a perfect setting for that. I loved the look of the food you had and the characters were so great. I love Jawas!

I'm glad your omelet wasn't Chewie!

:chewy:

I loved the breakfast!! It was probably one of my favorite meals in terms of total experience...food, ambiance, interaction...it was all so much fun! Later on in the week we have a meal at Rebel Hangar that also blew us away...you'll see :)

The Feel the Force parade spot looked worthwhile. You got some great views, and photos, of the characters and actors.

The young padawans are soooooo adorable. I wonder how they were picked. Lucky kids at the right Jedi Training Academy? Or something else?

I'm going to knock off for the night, but I have enjoyed reading!

I'm actually very happy with the package. You do kinda have to get there a little early to stake out a good spot. Last year for the Frozen parade, my sister and I were late because we were delayed with buses, so didn't get to DHS until right when the parade started, so by the time we got to our reserved area, it was already crowded. But I guess that was our fault! This year we got there earlier but still not early enough to get the FRONT view. The view of the stage was great though.
The padawans are really cute! Yeah I'm not sure how they got picked but perhaps it was from the Jedi Training - though it would have to be probably the first one of the day. Maybe if you sign up that morning you can participate in the parade?

Hope you had a good night's rest! :cloud9:

Day 3 Part 3: Yachtsman Steakhouse

I met up with my sister at the UK Pavilion and we walked over to the WS exit. I haven't been this way in a really long time!

2BDzAj2u-U_RRAHqCq4CCc0z18GgqXA5wG9_u287wE9p=w1019-h679-no

wiUu4mTqBTrCWHxHUxu9Jc9QwiVQZdwjj99aAY8-k_Of=w1019-h679-no

We waited on line for the ferry. It wasn't too long of a wait and the line wasn't very long, whew. After a scenic boat ride, we arrived at the Yacht Club.

00JOQZZsFrWEI-RVmpvomt_4ly8nWSiPk26LhfcmW0od=w906-h679-no

The last time I was in this area we stayed at the Swan in 2009. I do really love the Boardwalk area and we finally got a chance to revisit. Chunkysis however, had never been to this area so it was her first time checking it out!

The majestic Yacht Club:

h1Pk-8qCzAXpw17qsbdmEbIeNKZbasvRuyCdOV9bvWER=w906-h679-no

Inside we met up with DH, who had came from our resort. We had a couple of minutes to wait before dinner, so I shot some pictures in the lobby of the YC:

PToFwzPfr05zgj6B7tJUAYNg0-aTQn4Z6vpBKuOpgycl=w1019-h679-no

xnryFQux-J7Re0eyBXxSPFMvfwf9NDj2kBVs9cZzyKUO=w1019-h679-no

47-OBBjram4wI25Dqg3sxK0KJk7wSr7LQxuhSgG6VRPg=w1019-h679-no

jIo-KGYCgGSnWYU7jW2tjG8fJqXJ0AGExDAI7b2khhgY=w1033-h688-no

We checked into Yachtsman's Steakhouse and waited for a few minutes while they got our table ready. One of the reasons I wanted to eat here, aside from the delicious meals that I have seen and heard others have, was my DIS friend Betsy (tankgirl427) had a friend who is a server here! I'm always excited to meet people who work at Disney! His name is Dave and Betsy raves about him.

I liked the cozy interior. DH liked it because it reminded him of his crew days in college (he was a coxswain).

H50NG2hLL2dJZiPOfF28d8GLAm0_anWdAN3Dwmb8XMEt=w1033-h688-no

g0Ez5jWl39KuFNiFhrDvhLkiyRgdesW--Xz4E16XJgVf=w1033-h688-no

Oooh a giant meat fridge!

JGVzETpkCIm1FihZHPRl20HEVcpODzVN1qQTb6Gw-j0C=w965-h643-no

Soon we were seated at our table. And who comes over first, DAVE!

__Ag1XJpScUdPfyLhoT7NX4CUAquIGcqBQulplXRVnFi=w918-h688-no

Dave was truly a very nice guy and a fantastic server. We talked about Betsy, Disney, Star Wars Weekends, and his sons. When we do go back to YC we'll be sure to ask for a table in his section again!

How was Yachtsman? It was wonderful! Reminisce of a classic New England restaurant with amazing service with all the bells and whistles of a modern steakhouse. Here's what we had:

I started with an iced tea, which is served with simple syrup in addition to all the other sweeteners. I don't use much sugar nowadays but I always appreciate it when iced drinks are served with syrup instead of granulated sugars.

QkU9TYrEi2Jkk-CUAbSIu54ClJnt8MUIAHQMbh24NCXn=w459-h688-no

YtgPGAYInZl8pGr1cbB1jK97H51CApQqxwwYKEMeOTwN=w1033-h688-no

We got delicious brioche style rolls served with roasted garlic in olive oil. The garlic was soft and could be spread on like butter. We also got regular butter as well, which had a sprinkling of sea salt. Yum.

K0fGFCdf4xCi4Q_Y-2fOlfTolPcuwFwfo-USgWHdIaML=w1033-h688-no

bFTnrTfuKQixcW_sUu11wyEctQIayi_bIJ4g3XCfsYax=w1033-h688-no

As an appetizer we all tried the soft-shell crab which was fried and tossed in a sticky sweet soy-garlic sauce, with an Asian twist. It was good!

ZyV3j536BMo1omvrfZZyQ7x0UUeiXJMlZASGUdnnYdzV=w1033-h688-no

We then each got a palate cleanser, blood orange sorbet.

w77c8T_dD6iwUipQETzEBQo3xC6PZWH81GRzq2fDsptM=w1033-h688-no

DH and I split the porterhouse for two. It came topped with herb butter which melted into the steak and gave it a ton of flavor.

Gf41XvEszmCWLUKniyua-Snc8BkznyE_cmxuHysLu2SC=w1033-h688-no

The porter house came with a bunch of sides: Potato gratin, sauteed mushrooms, creamed spinach and caramelized onions.

14Qheo1HtPO2Jqtaz8FMOcgqlAzyajEIkMz8Q5C82gVW=w1033-h688-no

2c7LKJCujvmkJL3PX0X0SsU_mXPFaNUqCcHFPZGAHpPq=w1033-h688-no

Everything was really delicious and the steak was cooked a perfect medium rare. I love porterhouses because of I can have the best of both worlds, the tenderness of the filet and the flavor of the sirloin. I also enjoyed the sides a lot and thought they were perfect with the steak.

My sister got the scallop dish, which she really enjoyed. She got to share our sides too because the portions were very generous.

C1u8Dgj-K9AGoFuY1vyXwbTgMfbhYPnBPxWZqQqrbHq1=w1033-h688-no

I thought I wouldn't be that hungry because of the snacks I had around WS but it looked like that wasn't the case. We finished everything! I was definitely very full though. We were too full for dessert so we decided to skip it. However, we did get a few petit fours to nibble on, which were lovely.

59bbCPNFtekCxpDzz8Vq90yi4rFGR6jscCfWLivnQfmX=w1033-h688-no

I definitely recommend Yachtsman for a great splurge meal. Even if you don't like steak, there are plenty of other options (like what Chunkysis did). I can't wait to go back one day! We said our goodbyes to Dave and said we hoped to see him on our next trip. I keep adding more and more restaurants to our "must-do" list each time around that I will run out of days (or stomach room) before all my must-do meals are done!

After dinner we decided to head to the Boardwalk area for a look around. It was bustling tonight!

zut4ghEJz1A-QNbtMufyJNjpIDbnhmL63vc_pVURBqs1=w918-h688-no

We had fun walking around that evening and stopping at the store on the Boardwalk. I really like to check out the stores at each of the resorts as I find they often have unique things.

At this point it was 9pm, and DH and I decided to go back to DHS to catch the Star Wars fireworks one last time. CS was tired so she decided to head back to AoA. We all caught the ferry to DHS and CS went to catch a bus while we walked into the park.

I noticed the store windows were decorated with SW decor:

R9bushOhggJ8cbQwEDPLo-efmQ-vCGGSa--TbPjdI4-H=w516-h688-no

eU5I1H8Gon6pWT6nKOnIU-jTSkLX_SrNnEGJk9b1Hg_r=w516-h688-no

Here's a photopass pic from DHS:

nS49XOtbbLxVLtX_YXrOUZu5dliB5Se0Jsu9fS-pcaXj=w429-h643-no

This time for the fireworks, we sat near the exit of the park, so we didn't get to see much of the stage but we got a nice view of the fireworks. It was very cool to get a different perspective from the dessert party. We got some Starbucks and staked out a spot on the curb.

Here's video of our fireworks view that night:

I was glad to see the fireworks again from the different angle! But boy, were we tired after the night was over. We were glad to head back to AoA but of course the buses were crowded after the fireworks and the park was closing then so everyone was leaving. At least the weather was still nice...

Coming up tomorrow...breakfast with the princesses at CRT!! We're off to MK!

Sounds like a fantastic experience at Yachtsman! That's on our list of places we haven't been but really want to go to.

Nice that you got to enjoy the Star Wars fireworks once more!

Looking forward to hearing about your CRT breakfast!

Yachtsman is on my bucket list. I have heard nothing but good things about it!

I kind of wish we had stayed for the SW fireworks. They look awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter