Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby Feed the Force!! A May 2015 TR - Update 10/29 Trip Epilogue!

Looks like a great morning at AK. Love all the photopass pics, but random Olaf and Elsa in AK. #Confused

Your safari pics are great, totally agree its always best in the morning. I wasn't a huge up fan, but Russel and Doug are always a fun meet and greet. And ya can't beat Mickey n Minnie on safari

Can't wait to hear about Yak N Yeti

MK-

That really IS a fantastic PP picture in front of the train station.

But Main Street really does look crowded.

Sounds like you had a nice meet with Anna and Elsa. Again, thankfully with boys I haven't needed to do this.

How jealous am I that you got 3 rides in a row on BTMRR (VERY)!!! My favorite WDW ride.

That is so awesome that you ran into Tracy. Kind of amazing when you think of how big the World (and even just MK is) and how many people are around.

I have had worse views of Wishes! In fact the only decent view I have had was at the dessert party. The other times I have seen the MK fireworks were Nightastic from the Poly beach (ok that was pretty cool), Nightastic from our Beach Club Room and Wishes from the near Haunted Mansion (not good) and from the MK bus stop (worse).

Space Mountain and People Mover are a pretty cool way to end the night.

The wait for the buses, however, was not!

:)

Great update! Can't wait to hear about your ohana dinner. Just got a perfect ADR for there for my upcoming trip.

I always feel like I'm doing something wrong if I'm not taking a million pics on the safari. Not sure how you contained yourself :)

Cool! Ohana is always so much fun and we literally roll out of there...stuffed!

I used to take a ton, and most of them would be of some animals...behind. So out of hundreds I'd have a handful I like. So I just sit back and enjoy the show with a few pics in between when I think it's a nice op!

Jealous! We just missed meeting them on this last trip (no new avatar picture for me! :sad2:) I really wish that they had a talking Dug, though.

Haha a talking Dug would be so funny! Your avatar pic is really adorable!

Looks like a great morning at AK. Love all the photopass pics, but random Olaf and Elsa in AK. #Confused

I know, it was so random! We had no idea who would be in the Magic shot and when we saw Olaf we thought it was really funny.

Your safari pics are great, totally agree its always best in the morning. I wasn't a huge up fan, but Russel and Doug are always a fun meet and greet. And ya can't beat Mickey n Minnie on safari

I love the Mickey n Minnie meet n greet here. It's just such a cute set up, and it's air conditioned! YAY!

Can't wait to hear about Yak N Yeti

Stay tuned! :drinking1

MK-

That really IS a fantastic PP picture in front of the train station.

But Main Street really does look crowded.

Thanks!

It was...that day was really packed...but the evening it got a LITTLE better, not a ton but it helped.

Sounds like you had a nice meet with Anna and Elsa. Again, thankfully with boys I haven't needed to do this.

It was cute. We did it again on the last day...dunno why we didn't change that FP+ to meet another princess or something else, but I think I just forgot to. I'm sure your boys are happy they don't have to meet princess!

How jealous am I that you got 3 rides in a row on BTMRR (VERY)!!! My favorite WDW ride.

That is so awesome that you ran into Tracy. Kind of amazing when you think of how big the World (and even just MK is) and how many people are around.

Yeah it's pretty amazing I've had a few Dismeets aready and 2 of them were completely accidental! :disrocks:

BTMRR's standby queue seems to have quite a few additions to it...lots of interactive stuff that I never really noticed before because I used to FP this ride a lot!

I have had worse views of Wishes! In fact the only decent view I have had was at the dessert party. The other times I have seen the MK fireworks were Nightastic from the Poly beach (ok that was pretty cool), Nightastic from our Beach Club Room and Wishes from the near Haunted Mansion (not good) and from the MK bus stop (worse).

I like watching Wishes from the Poly! The water parade is fun and unique. But yeah, can't really beat a front-row view of Wishes. I don't really see the need to FP this, but I'm sure it's very nice to do once.

Space Mountain and People Mover are a pretty cool way to end the night.

The wait for the buses, however, was not!

Haha, yeah...magical pixiedust: followed by completely unmagical...:crazy2:

Joining in, love all of our cute outfits! I want your brown flip flops :-) what brand are they?

Thank you!! Thanks for reading! :thanks:

Are you talking about my tan ones with the thick sole? They are from FitFlop, which is my favorite type shoe to wear in the parks because it's the only thing I can walk around in for that long!

I have LOVED your TR.

AK dress is so cute! Where's it from?

Thank you!!! :thanks:

The dress was from some random store when I was on vacation on Kauai...sadly it has no name tag. It was one of those stores that sold beachwear and I found it on the clearance rack...think it's actually some sort of cover up. It's made of a silky poly-nylon material and it was very lightweight which was great as AK was so hot! :cool2:

GREAT Photopass pictures!!!

I love the borders and stickers you added. My favorites are the Princess Jasmine one with CS and of course the final one with the Mickey Bar and Ears.

I just finished going through the pictures in the Memory Maker for the class trip. I think we had more than 600 pictures before edits, mostly ride photos, but some other shots. I really like the addition of the sticker options, but man there can be a lot of work involved!!! I only let a couple of people have access to the account to work on their pictures so I did everything else.

But fortunately the PP website is so quick! NOT!

:headache: and sore shoulder!

First...a slightly still groggy me making my way to the food court...

aob0VnVHT_t-zjkIP74BQCjaaht8b5IkX0dt86ZSwlEN=w483-h643-no

Still a Cars Photo of the Day, but subtle!

The Simba waffles are so cute! I haven't seen those before. Do they have other choices, too?

I like the safari pictures you posted, especially the elephant and lioness.

I usually don't pay much attention to clothes, but I do love your dress. It looks really comfortable and I adore the color!

I would LOVE it if it was cold at AK.

::yes::

So apparently I missed a few updates....:confused3

@Tracy161 had been following my PTR, and I hers, although we had no formal plans to meet (I can't imagine why we didn't schedule something) it was just coincidence we were on the same ride at the same time! We hugged and couldn't believe we just met randomly!
:cheer2: Yay for Dismeets!

my hair decided it would be frizzy today...and every day
Its Florida you can't escape the frizz. There is a reason 90% of my pictures have my hair in a bun! :rotfl2:

Great pics! I love all your magic shots...so much fun.

Our next FP+ was back at the Adventure Outpost...we were going to meet Mickey and Minnie!

I love the pics with Mickey and Minnie. I heard that this is the ONLY place in WDW that you can get pics with the two of them together? Wonder if that's true? If it is...I definitely want to make sure we do this in October. The safari is the best ...best thing at AK I think lol

GREAT Photopass pictures!!!

I love the borders and stickers you added. My favorites are the Princess Jasmine one with CS and of course the final one with the Mickey Bar and Ears.

Thanks! She got quite creative! I didn't even know you could add Mickey bars and ears now.

I just finished going through the pictures in the Memory Maker for the class trip. I think we had more than 600 pictures before edits, mostly ride photos, but some other shots. I really like the addition of the sticker options, but man there can be a lot of work involved!!! I only let a couple of people have access to the account to work on their pictures so I did everything else.

It is a LOT of work! That's why I leave it to CS since she's the only one who would take the time to complete them!

But fortunately the PP website is so quick! NOT!

:headache: and sore shoulder!

:)[/QUOTE]

Yeah SO QUICK, right? :lmao:

Still a Cars Photo of the Day, but subtle!

Yup! :thumbsup2

The Simba waffles are so cute! I haven't seen those before. Do they have other choices, too?

I think all they had were Lion King molds so Simba, Pumbaa, Timon...they were cute, and tasted even better!

I like the safari pictures you posted, especially the elephant and lioness.

Thanks!

I usually don't pay much attention to clothes, but I do love your dress. It looks really comfortable and I adore the color!

Thank you!!:thanks:

I would LOVE it if it was cold at AK.

OMG yes, I get so hot in that park...I do more shopping in that park than any other park because I spend so much time in the stores when DH and CS are on EE.

So apparently I missed a few updates....:confused3

That's ok! I'm not going anywhere! LOL :cutie:

:cheer2: Yay for Dismeets!

:disrocks:

Its Florida you can't escape the frizz. There is a reason 90% of my pictures have my hair in a bun! :rotfl2:

I would do that but I am really self conscious about the shape of my head...that's why I'm rarely in a pony tail. It's weird I know, but I've been like that since I was young! :laughing:

Great pics! I love all your magic shots...so much fun.

Thanks!!

I love the pics with Mickey and Minnie. I heard that this is the ONLY place in WDW that you can get pics with the two of them together? Wonder if that's true? If it is...I definitely want to make sure we do this in October. The safari is the best ...best thing at AK I think lol

Hmm, I never realized that but you heard right! That is the only place to get a pic with Mickey and Minnie together! It's definitely a must do in AK!

:earsgirl::earsboy:

Day 5 Part 2: Lunch at Yak n Yeti and Rafiki's Planet Watch for the first time!

After meeting Mickey and Minnie, DH and I went to ITTBAB while CS went...you guessed it, Character hopping! She went over to Rafiki's Planet Watch, an area that I'd never been to! She said it was really fun and that I should check it out.

3_IQEKKqwuttP4uxFVCGCKyr3SQ9dndxnjXQ9Wt3K5qn=w694-h462-no

We met up for lunch at Yak n Yeti. It was our first time eating here! Definitely looking forward to this.

VlqVgbjQAZyaZoLPflgK1K2hPVJCHVPX754krUTzf39Y=w483-h643-no

UPVLpkdDpG6RasCty1l2O7UG_iQ_9HkaTPr9FO8zdJaj=w965-h643-no

We waited about 10 minutes for our table before we were buzzed and taken upstairs to the second floor. The interiror of Y and Y looks like something out of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

RX4MTwji6Tt-i-z3roZKXj9RvKTnBWX8fk_ghoQ29ZA1=w965-h643-no

ByQDrOdFk_HVcFmIwYQPnz1DrHyI4wyj6-Grgai-sSti=w965-h643-no

To drink, I got a non-alcoholic spritzer. I think it had passionfruit in it. It was nice and refreshing! DH got a Yak Attack (I think) - it tasted a bit like a frozen mai tai which is always A-OK in my book!

4Ve-YiBNIVr8l2KXvPaajmV9_LqHtiXDQHe1tVXHZMsG=w429-h643-no

We decided to share an appetizer - the dim sum basket for 2. The portions were large though so it was enough for 3. Very tasty!

9lNtajNOP-RJsQ0QKbdM0fnMN8yQdtBdfYSefQrt53tI=w965-h643-no

As an entree I got the Malaysian Seafood Curry which came highly recommended. Although I eat Malaysian food regularly (I was born in Singapore), this wasn't really "Malaysian" per se but it was still pretty good. Lots of large chunks of shrimp and scallops and the broth was creamy. It wasn't that spicy though, and I would have preferred more spice and a little more broth.

QhYhaQA_lanqt7dZ-Fz15qCxqg8dB3JYDOf7vWGVqhY_=w965-h643-no

CS got the Chicken Tikka Masala. This was good...lots of spice and zest!

k_1sYLVDGJZug7HMfseW4nBrGOgdPDU3ixQuMbEWN6-v=w965-h643-no

DH got the Asian Shrimp Salad which he enjoyed.

JeWS-QygjWmCUXeUoNcaCdj9mKPYYmq95COuvubCObzS=w965-h643-no

You can't really tell but there are shrimp under that mound of crispy wonton skins.

Overall, a tasty lunch at Yak and Yeti! I'm not sure I'd pick it over our usual, Tusker House though. We wanted to try something new on this trip but I really missed brunch at Tusker and the character meets. But Y & Y was good and I'd pick it if I didn't want to do a character meal.

After lunch, CS and DH were off to do single rider at EE! Since I don't like that ride, I opted to do some solo time! Since CS had a great time at Rafiki's Planet Watch, I decided to go too! Off on the tram for me...

NpW24Ld5zRu0nhscCylEfA5JpDjPOMwL0ltilmP22l7c=w965-h643-no

vgSYLIBTbeYyQTkuGFYYJCouAfT7nqjKaaVoiYRx2SEh=w965-h643-no

I didn't realize the tram faced one way so you could see everything as you were traveling! It was super neat and I liked the stadium seating so everyone had a view! I managed to get a section all to myself!

Mct3OT9Xa-KtoUuvh9WlWKH4eWjMfHc6kRvb6_1vsK8_=w965-h643-no

There wasn't much to see on the ride there, mostly behind the scenes stuff from the Safari and some animal quarters.

fEpcT9z3p6FLeNf813sCmZbOc0dUdrKLKzSxhQUvY8yf=w965-h643-no

Soon we arrived!

w-KfHdFeRiFqIkGyBkS322OPCpEWphp29hbX7RKxP_0I=w965-h643-no

ko2yKukywZo2C8Iwce9bObeaOh5YzYqHfovM4pqzq___=w965-h643-no

I followed the path to the main building...and guess who I saw!

oBr8n2xhS6ENBNzNzWl5SXSwphPRorktTCKQ7M1jHToY=w657-h438-no

Then I entered the main building which was thankfully, air-conditioned. Inside there were different exhibits and of course, Rafiki himself...

-Ybpy2ho33PatzucMPx7fQe62Sf3YLa2IW5xpH0d7-6K=w483-h643-no

I really liked the exhibit where you enter a sound proof room and put on a set of earphones and then when you hit the start button, the room turns pitch black and it played sounds of the jungle. Really cool and the audio was very realistic!

I had fun at Rafiki's Planet Watch! It was like a really cool zoo exhibit. Of course meeting Rafiki and Chip n Dale were great too! It wasn't that crowded there so that was a plus.

Meanwhile, back on the mainland....

K_c93gjvvWtz1IFjgGlmNIrGz0-WA52vEAiU-M1Ofxjo=w429-h643-no

hXMU5sqxCv4VVFGGdK7Jd3xb0nPgFXldWi78NZD1E4kL=w429-h643-no

c_gyRKAnh0SnqnAusYr1aYvtRXhLQmwxMgxe_hbgmNZm=w965-h643-no

YIlu7ZN6iUYHBjrG7tG2B1J7Cn5_DahvLku9vleT4Wxl=w965-h643-no

While they went on EE numerous times (with character meets thrown in), I shopped around the stores in AK. I had fun looking at all the different things in the AK stores! I always find they have unique items.

We then met up for our FP+ at The Festival of the Lion King. Always a fun show!

It was brutally hot by this point so we decided to leave and head back for a swim. Before dinner at Ohana, I wanted to go to DTD too! Stay tuned!

DH got a Yak Attack (I think) - it tasted a bit like a frozen mai tai which is always A-OK in my book!
Plus it looks really cool! :thumbsup2

I followed the path to the main building...and guess who I saw!

oBr8n2xhS6ENBNzNzWl5SXSwphPRorktTCKQ7M1jHToY=w657-h438-no
Yay for Chip and Dale! They are favorites around here!

I really liked the exhibit where you enter a sound proof room and put on a set of earphones and then when you hit the start button, the room turns pitch black and it played sounds of the jungle. Really cool and the audio was very realistic!
Haha, I still remember this from one of our first trips - we were super tired and had the room to ourselves - nice place to catch a little catnap. :rotfl:

Glad you got to check out Rafiki's and had a decent lunch at Yak & Yeti.

I'm really enjoying reading this thread... Looks like a blast. My wife and I are thinking about staying at AoA and your pictures are just helping to convince me it's worth the extra money over the All Star Sports.

We may have to try Yak & Yeti. I am a Tusker House breakfast girl myself. So you are going to fit a swim and DTD before dinner at Ohana's? I hope that is a fairly late ADR! :scared1:

lynn

Awesome updates! I just love all the character photos -- they're super cute. And you're so right, the 2nd floor of Yak and Yeti totally looks like it is set in an Indian Jones movie :)

Fun update!

I wanted to try Yak and Yeti sit down this past trip but we couldn't fit it in, we did, however make it to the CS version and really enjoyed it.

I like those rooms at Rafiki's planet watch too, they are neat.

Love all the character pics! I really like that little dress you are wearing, such a pretty color.

Looks like your hubby and sis had fun on EE. I have been on it once and I think that was enough. Although I really wanted to go on it, I didn't think it would be too bad but it was a little much for me.

Yay for Chip and Dale! They are favorites around here!
Haha, I still remember this from one of our first trips - we were super tired and had the room to ourselves - nice place to catch a little catnap. :rotfl:
Glad you got to check out Rafiki's and had a decent lunch at Yak & Yeti.

I love Chip n Dale too! They are always putting on some kind of antics...and it's fun when you get to pose with them together. Have you noticed that during character meals they don't do that? One year at Garden Grill we tried to get them to pose together but they weren't having any of that.
That's so funny that you fall asleep in those rooms. I think that would be nice!

I'm really enjoying reading this thread... Looks like a blast. My wife and I are thinking about staying at AoA and your pictures are just helping to convince me it's worth the extra money over the All Star Sports.

Thank you and Welcome! We love the AoA! Just remember though, at MK it's the last bus stop all the way in the back right - that was the most sucky part...having to walk soooo far away to catch our bus. Other parks weren't as bad (although none of them had stops that were one of the first)
We may have to try Yak & Yeti. I am a Tusker House breakfast girl myself. So you are going to fit a swim and DTD before dinner at Ohana's? I hope that is a fairly late ADR! :scared1:

lynn

Yak n Yeti is worth it to try once I think. Food-wise it's pretty interesting but I think Tusker is more worth it. Our ADR was for 7:30 or 8pm...can't remember but it wasn't super early. I did make it for a swim and to DTD as you'll see in my next post!

Love your trip report - can't wait to read more:)

Awesome updates! I just love all the character photos -- they're super cute. And you're so right, the 2nd floor of Yak and Yeti totally looks like it is set in an Indian Jones movie :)

Thank you!! The interior of Y&Y is well thought-out.

Fun update!

I wanted to try Yak and Yeti sit down this past trip but we couldn't fit it in, we did, however make it to the CS version and really enjoyed it.

Thanks! I've not tried the CS version but maybe next time!

I like those rooms at Rafiki's planet watch too, they are neat.

They are!

Love all the character pics! I really like that little dress you are wearing, such a pretty color.

Thank you!

Looks like your hubby and sis had fun on EE. I have been on it once and I think that was enough. Although I really wanted to go on it, I didn't think it would be too bad but it was a little much for me.

I once rode it many years ago and felt really ill for the rest of the day. It wasn't how I wanted to spend a day at WDW (or any day for that matter) so I just avoid the ride in case it happens again. I think I may have gotten over it, but why chance it? I'm ok with not going on the ride I am not as enthralled with it as CS or DH!

I'm not sure if its just the luck of when we choose to go to that park or the park itself, but DH and I find that AK is almost always brutally hot.

No, you're right. AK is always the hottest park. I feel like the shrubbery makes it feel more enclosed and humid...
In all honesty that day was hot at AK but I've been there when it's been worse, so it wasn't tooo bad. Still hot enough to warrant us to leave the park early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter