Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby Feed the Force!! A May 2015 TR - Update 10/29 Trip Epilogue!

Wow...what a busy DHS day!! And it isn't even over yet!! I definitely would have been with you on the rest back at the hotel idea...Baymax was adorable...but you are so lucky to have had someone to wait in line for you!!

Baymax and Hiro were adorable - LOVE the pictures you took with them - especially the photo-bomb selfies!!!

I took advantage of going back to the resort midday more than I ever have this trip. It was necessary for those especially hot days!

Can't wait for your Hollywood and Vine update - never been but want to.

Wow...what a busy DHS day!! And it isn't even over yet!! I definitely would have been with you on the rest back at the hotel idea...Baymax was adorable...but you are so lucky to have had someone to wait in line for you!!

Yes we were lucky we had DH...who doesn't care for taking character pictures like we are. I mean, he'll do it if the line is short, but I know he likes Baymax too so he was ok with waiting for Baymax. He plays games on his phone which take up a lot of his down time lol.

Baymax and Hiro were adorable - LOVE the pictures you took with them - especially the photo-bomb selfies!!!

I took advantage of going back to the resort midday more than I ever have this trip. It was necessary for those especially hot days!

Can't wait for your Hollywood and Vine update - never been but want to.

Thanks! Yes they are so cute...we loved them!

Me too! I think it is the getting old part...at least for me...you are not as old as me Tracy! I used to be go go go all day long, but now, I'm tired, and taking a swim and a nap sounds more appealing to me than anything else. LOL :crutches:

Found this TR along with your cruise TR and have enjoyed reading so far. Lots of fun character pics!

Love the Flower and Garden pics from your first day, can't wait to see more pics. We were there in 2010 and 2011. The 2011 trip we arrived on the last day but a lot of the signs and topiaries were up for almost the whole week we were there.

Found this TR along with your cruise TR and have enjoyed reading so far. Lots of fun character pics!

Love the Flower and Garden pics from your first day, can't wait to see more pics. We were there in 2010 and 2011. The 2011 trip we arrived on the last day but a lot of the signs and topiaries were up for almost the whole week we were there.

Hi!! Thanks for visiting over here! We do have a lot of character pics! It's all my sisters doing...she insists on character pics and memory maker every time she goes. If it was myself and DH, I would probably not bother, at least not as much :)

The few days after the F and G festival that we went back to Epcot, the topiaries and exhibits were all gone! Most of the flowers that were already part of the landscape were there but the flower pots in the lagoon were gone. We saw the Anna and Elsa topiary in front of the entrance to DHS though!

TzP0rirXAU-nCwTcwKYmcxEAgcsHube7gc01x_Nn03bc=w483-h643-no
:rotfl2: That must of caused some interesting tan lines! :rotfl::lmao:

Hiro was super nice too. I swear, he has the BEST character job at Disney...wake up, wear shorts and a sweatshirt, hang out with Baymax and smile all day...in air conditioning. He doesn't have to wear a thick costume, make up, tights, or anything fancy. He literally could have rolled out of bed and been Hiro!
Very true! I bet some of the other characters are envious of the fact that he only has to wear a wig and street clothes.

I asked Baymax for a fist bump, and he gave me a fist bump ba-la-la-la-la. Best Fist Bump Ever!!!
:thumbsup2

This time I beat DH and got Best in Car! Woohoo!
:cheer2:

Day 2 Part 5: Jedi Mickey Dine at Hollywood and Vine

Wow, this day just keeps on going and going...and we still have dinner, a show and a dessert party to attend! When I last left off, DH and I had just returned to DHS from a quick break back at AoA...my sister had been on a character meeting extravaganza on her own...she'd basically gone to every single character in the park that we missed and got autographs and pictures. She even got Jake the Pirate and Princess Sophia even though she (and I) don't really know much about them!

Now it was time for our 2nd Star Wars themed meal of the day! We had never been to Hollywood and Vine before so we were looking forward to tonight, plus all the character interaction!

We checked in and waited about 10 minutes. When our party was called, we got to take a picture with Jedi Mickey!

Non Photopass pic:

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-333.jpg

Photopass pic:

pp%2Bedit-136.jpg

We were then led to our table and explained how the characters would be coming around and which path they would be taking so we could time our visits to the buffet. OK. We got this...

Since it looked like our first visitor wouldn't be at our table in a while, we went up to the buffet. I was obsessed with all the cool names they had for the food.

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-336.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-337.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-341.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-343.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-344.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-335.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-334.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-379.jpg

It was too cute!! They also had a kids section too:

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-377.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-378.jpg

We all got our food and sat back down to eat. The food really exceeded my expectations, especially for a buffet! The salmon was moist and perfectly cooked, the lobster mac n cheese was really yummy, and all the salads and vegetables were fresh and still GREEN. I liked the Mos Eisley's meatballs too. I will definitely consider Hollywood and Vine now and not just for Star Wars Weekends!

Pretty soon, we had our first visitor! Stormtrooper Donald!

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-350.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-351.jpg

I got a selfie!

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-352.jpg

Then we were visited by Darth Goofy!

jE4pyTCn5IzRI31cAsK9bSQdGy03pXsyNkhGJTZ_x4DC=w429-h643-no

oU2Cc18E47YygoxMqIW-iat3NxjD8ffW3LJ_v8D-F4NA=w429-h643-no

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-359.jpg

Leia Minnie:

prl3XtitkDk7LDjhpomr4DoYBuz0H7hjKFQLfFyuMd3g=w429-h643-no

QvwGm2I05w58Bi_QgWgrWtPh68MWzq6O3f9XEd9QbTZ8=w429-h643-no

Ewoke Dale:

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-364.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-366.jpg

Ewok Chip:

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-369.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-371.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-373.jpg

It was a little hectic to grab food, eat, and take pictures, and then do it all over again...but the characters were so cute and we had fun! Play close attention to the selfies...they play a big part in a magical moment later on...

Now it was time for dessert! OMG I just about died...I was overcome with all the clever cuteness that was going on...I don't even have much of a sweet tooth anymore (although I still booked a dessert party, go figure) but these desserts were so adorable!!!

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-376.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-345.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-346.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-347.jpg

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-348.jpg

OMG the Jabba the Hut cupcakes...too funny!! I loved the way these look. It makes Jabba even look cute!

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-349.jpg

wRhiortXXK8x6sLa4474xDF6Bz7bEwJUuqlRu5SeTkmT=s553-no

obnYDnhOBZSKPSUjlJGe5_cxaTJsbs7MNqs9Um2daXy0=s553-no

Even though we were attending the dessert party later...I couldn't resist a few chocolate strawberries and a Jabba cupcake. The cupcake was too sweet as I predicted, but I did enjoy the strawberries.

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-374.jpg

We knew we would totally be having these same desserts (and more!) during the dessert party so we didn't overindulge. I was really full anyways at this point...food coma approaching. Several cups of coffee later...and I was ready to roll!

I thought this meal was really fun. My only gripe with character buffets is that they are crowded and you have to time getting your food and the character meets. Sometimes it means dropping your fork and getting up quickly to take your picture, napkin in hand, food on mouth and potentially stuck in teeth! But I loved the Star Wars characters and thought the food was great and themed to match the event. Definitely pricey but worth it!

Coming up...Obi Wan and Beyond plus our Feel the Force dessert party and Symphony in the Stars Fireworks!!!

Last edited:
I'm joining super late, but I'm loving your report! We left WDW the day you guys arrived, so we missed out on the majority of SWW festivities (except for the Galactic Breakfast!) .. My hubby is a wee bit jealous.

H
I'm joining super late, but I'm loving your report! We left WDW the day you guys arrived, so we missed out on the majority of SWW festivities (except for the Galactic Breakfast!) .. My hubby is a wee bit jealous.

Hi Thanks for reading! Welcome! How did you like the Galactic Breakfast? We had a great time at SWW...I'd like to go back again but not sure when.
Hope you had a great vacay though!

How did you like the Galactic Breakfast?
We really enjoyed it! We had a very late morning ADR though, since we booked after the 180 day mark. It felt like maybe the servers were trying to wrap things up a bit, however, the character interaction was awesome. Multiple stops from Storm Troopers and the Jawas, and Greedo spent a lot of time interacting with our car, too!

Anyway, your TR may just inspire me to write my own... I'm enjoying the ride!

What a fun meal!! I love the Ewok Chip n Dale...so cute!! And those Jabba cupcakes!! Awesomeness! I know what you mean about the character meals being a bit hectic...totally agree - but at the same time...it's a cool way to see lots of characters without either waiting in a long line or using up a precious FP+....The desserts were so awesome...can't wait to see what else they had at the dessert party!!

We really enjoyed it! We had a very late morning ADR though, since we booked after the 180 day mark. It felt like maybe the servers were trying to wrap things up a bit, however, the character interaction was awesome. Multiple stops from Storm Troopers and the Jawas, and Greedo spent a lot of time interacting with our car, too!

Anyway, your TR may just inspire me to write my own... I'm enjoying the ride!

It really was so much fun! I would love to do it again but not sure we'll be back for SWW so soon. I may just stick with our usual plan and head to WDW in the fall for lesser crowds and F + W. But I feel like every year they do more and more with SWW, and probably next year will be a blast, with the new SW movie coming out...

Yes you should totally do a TR!!!! Let me know if you do!

What a fun meal!! I love the Ewok Chip n Dale...so cute!! And those Jabba cupcakes!! Awesomeness! I know what you mean about the character meals being a bit hectic...totally agree - but at the same time...it's a cool way to see lots of characters without either waiting in a long line or using up a precious FP+....The desserts were so awesome...can't wait to see what else they had at the dessert party!!

I totally agree. I admit that I am one of those people who would pay for a character meal than wait on line...my sister would actually do both, LOL. But I'm so glad we got these pictures and the experience was great. The dessert party...it was amazing, but I am getting ahead of myself!

Omg the meatballs.... Wish I could have some now!

Isn't goofy weird looking with his pants?!

Haha I'm not sure I'd call the jabba cupcake cute...

Ooh no you didn't have any blue ice cream?? That is my favorite!!

Those cupcakes looked amazing!!! Your trip report is great, I am really enjoying it. You accomplished so much on each of your days so far, very impressive. Looking forward to reading more.

The line for Minnie was short! I think a lot of people don't realize she's here, because she's in a separate room and you don't see her upon first entering, but she has her own line and her own dressing room!
We've never had a line there either. Shhhh though it can be our secret

Finally it was our turn and we joined DH at the front of the line to meet Baymax and Hiro!

Wassup!
So sad we missed them last trip and I think they'll be gone when we go back. Too bad, my daughter loves Baymax.

I swear, he has the BEST character job at Disney...wake up, wear shorts and a sweatshirt, hang out with Baymax and smile all day...in air conditioning.
Wow, I never thought of this but yes he does. I want that job. Think I can pass for Hiro ; )

I got photobombed though!

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-310.jpg
:rotfl2:Love your sister

Wouldn't be a PP pic without at least one silly/dorky pose...

pp%2Bedit-110.jpg
Ayyyyyy, Fonzie!

Since it looked like our first visitor wouldn't be at our table in a while, we went up to the buffet. I was obsessed with all the cool names they had for the food.
Cute names. Someone has some serious creativity. Whoever knew Darth Vader would be a vegetarian ; )

he food really exceeded my expectations, especially for a buffet! The salmon was moist and perfectly cooked, the lobster mac n cheese was really yummy, and all the salads and vegetables were fresh and still GREEN.
MMMM, lobster mac n cheese

Now it was time for dessert! OMG I just about died...I was overcome with all the clever cuteness that was going on...I don't even have much of a sweet tooth anymore (although I still booked a dessert party, go figure) but these desserts were so adorable!!!
These are so cute. Can't wait to see what the dessert party has in store for you

Omg the meatballs.... Wish I could have some now!
Isn't goofy weird looking with his pants?!
Haha I'm not sure I'd call the jabba cupcake cute...
Ooh no you didn't have any blue ice cream?? That is my favorite!!

The meatballs were good...in actuality I thought everything was pretty good!

Yes the boxer shorts kind of throw you off, but I guess, maybe people don't want to find out what's under there? Keep it PG? LOL

I like round things, so round jabba combined with round cupcake...I thought it was hysterical. Yes I like round things.

No I didn't because I thought it would taste like blue milk which I didn't like...but if you're telling me it tastes different...maybe I should have had a taste...

Those cupcakes looked amazing!!! Your trip report is great, I am really enjoying it. You accomplished so much on each of your days so far, very impressive. Looking forward to reading more.

Thank you! We had a great time at the dinner. Now working on our dessert party post.

We've never had a line there either. Shhhh though it can be our secret

Shhhh, the first rule about secret Minnie line is that we cannot talk about secret Minnie line :laughing:

So sad we missed them last trip and I think they'll be gone when we go back. Too bad, my daughter loves Baymax.

He may be around for a little bit...it was such a popular movie...

Wow, I never thought of this but yes he does. I want that job. Think I can pass for Hiro ; )

Yes, more than me. :rotfl:

Cute names. Someone has some serious creativity. Whoever knew Darth Vader would be a vegetarian ; )

Yeah I know right? Mmm. Vader killed younglings and is the most evil person in the galaxy at one point so let's give him vegetable soup....

MMMM, lobster mac n cheese

sooo good

These are so cute. Can't wait to see what the dessert party has in store for you

Thanks!! Post is coming shortly!

Day 2 Part 6: Feel the Force Dessert Party and Symphony in the Stars Fireworks!

We left dinner just in time to head to the Theater of the Stars for our show with James Arnold Taylor, Obi-Wan and Beyond.

y_9kEXJbA1BSW3TobfKQLge1AUApjeGNNBmMFVTFyzDq=w483-h643-no

Since we had the premium package, we got pretty good seats right in the middle of the theater about half way up.

YyxnrStSD-Bp6-2kBRbIFzB-Kp9YHL2hRFPOTNMT5OhH=w965-h643-no

The show wasn't just about Star Wars...it really was a story about James Arnold Taylor's life and many talents. He is EXTREMELY talented and a very personable host. We thoroughly enjoyed it even though we don't watch the Star Wars animated series in which he is the voice of Obi-Wan.

1n3JUk6Tqp76ouYYbYViTqUhFFiH6GG5tp1hMhoZE_XP=w965-h643-no

Qkpg1HV2ufwYd-GH4bp5nAhEXbmG141pdiYksYXiYOQI=w483-h643-no

Now it was time to check in for the dessert party! We headed back to where we stood for the parade this afternoon, and it had been transformed...the set up was very similar to the Frozen dessert party we went to last year in September...I even think they used the same tablecloths! But it felt very different...first of all, the weather, it was amazing tonight. A cool breeze was in the air and we were very comfortable. Last year, I was secretly wishing the night would be over because I was literally dripping with sweat...it was sooo hot and humid. I was dying. I was using ice cubes from the drink carts to cool myself down. But not tonight...tonight was perfect.

We got ourselves a table with a great view of the stage and then the party in our mouths began...

Our view of the stage:

m8kcgz82gehtEaS_fpjeokyfDF6w4sJjRdOUnYi4cnAp=w965-h643-no

Sorry the pics are a bit blurry...it was VERY dark and my jazzed up point and shoot can only do so much!

PhlV11-a08sCaif4xJxUkLdN7z_p_96KmD0qLAmbuWTr=w965-h643-no

Crxq8ro0bU2GnMOYGjE-Tq-BI0kdJGhD-To2vGsqA5-g=w965-h643-no

iQ4Ln6GApt59kT4tB_kRqy5RrWkOn_63ssVdZxCAYaEo=w965-h643-no

_ZpCU5YK1j3Dh-KbAEu8mP8mNXt8diMirQpLsnry9zMa=w965-h643-no

xzIJ7sLQ6LhVHdd9kD4rT6VTkuMBSCoR1vqQlZsYgL0R=w965-h643-no

TSThjOSEod4s5UYEKSssq9sUIrvixA8IUEYgh08s3NgO=w965-h643-no

R-0GLlVBk9IT2k_25hKqlfVfIgkT91WftxkLOnfpe3nW=w965-h643-no

S9R9fzGk3xrXqEGFGlS_Ovcori_jrQ-ZQXhClyen2a5l=w965-h643-no

_RiCbsvLIlIfQB2Q-Fx6dTFXu7tf7FiTiLsECt3mFz0J=w965-h643-no

N1rNMe8wWQIf241g0UjP9d8IKb-rjYPwiA0VJQ8B0CRd=w965-h643-no

tNBslqDLTr49aLWvHSZdI-ee_DrdU-CQ5MqcFs17FIdQ=w965-h643-no

Pkseb4VKJ0cl0qZaTfFL3crLuUQOf1D898yjP3OCgf8s=w965-h643-no

k65HudJoerN9qvLIf107moLnD4qp-Lk1hpugm22ci8xO=w965-h643-no

There were 3 types of alcoholic beverages. Here's 2 of them. These were also available without alcohol:

SyiYGfnVAEIQwk5IwryUdbv7Qt1Q5kVsAZ41WdX8IZWS=w965-h643-no

My favorite was actually a drink that had kahlua in it. It was yummy!

-XJbEScEGp5ztbXPb1uvVRE9W3WMmaEQxpxTvX2Xctay=w429-h643-no

Htwb41vbVBjTO5-MFewXfphXU_2EJSI0LstjK_s02nJ1=w429-h643-no

g95F2ksnPKyf9F8eKEyYKoYj4ONAwB5uZCmUjagResjT=w965-h643-no

oV1vp5gMwlFrFlbeGlViehYk7XiZruvw2dLMJYH5atDO=w965-h643-no

865teEzMw433MHlZY0hcPOyK2R6jh7rZ_5iKyJm1tjvs=w965-h643-no

I didn't realize at first, but DH pointed it out...one of the dessert tables was carbon frozen Han!! It was really cool!

_gaTfXSZF6VX76FwOzXiCojCqs2skHDjif29pOuuK3Km=w965-h643-no

t--_Sp3adwVMLJzB7PZSaXBK-Z0ReKewFzkxPxiVeUmT=w965-h643-no

So excited for the show to start!

AIyCQcoCbmZ601zrdRqs86zMCMTnB3zRpG462rZ97Dcx=w965-h643-no

The show began with James Arnold Taylor giving an intro, and telling us that some of the photos we've been sharing on Instagram with the hashtag #sww2015 will be up on the screen! I did this last year during Frozen Summer Fun...but of course my pictures were not shown and I tagged a lot. I never expected it to be. So this year, I tagged just a couple of pictures thinking it would be the same.

Imagine my shock when I saw not one, but TWO of my pictures up on screen!!^@&#>!?!!!!

QCFo1KUkAxv5P_9SxxNTHGAGLbcTrVrlIKyQRIFuYHbH=w965-h643-no

(I'm the bottom left pic with Darth Goofy)

Me: OMG OMG OMG That's me!!
DH: Yay!!
CS: Yay!!

ivmC5SeTnTKsXVpF28J_jb2HYmCH6Auk7biI5e2tlN2L=w965-h643-no

(I'm top left with Ewok Chip)

Me: OMG OMG OMG that's me....again!!! OMG OMG!!
DH: WHAT?? Where? No Way!
CS: OMG OMG!!
Me: I'm practically famous!!!

What a magical moment!! Out of thousands of pictures I was up there...twice!!
Plus, both those picture were only taken hours ago at our Hollywood and Vine dinner. I never expected to be up on the screen at all!

It was literally a perfect night.

And the show and fireworks hadn't even begun yet! WHAT!!! (BTW, if you were there that night and saw a crazy lady jumping up and down in the reserved section, yelling "that's me! that's me!"...yes it was probably me you saw).

The show began with JAT introducing the Star Wars cast of characters...

bXwVRUUqeZ6kMBy7p76xbr1qD1J_0m_H1hAwCXXm07oy=w965-h643-no

XMpJVsnmKy2cw_0ovAqoEmaBQ3B2cIhmbWGoz-3x4xsD=w965-h643-no

jeruftszieywp1tS5Arg2dV9KiOKLiQSVDtZ85zNylth=w965-h643-no

(Han shot first)

TqvnK2I6wIykkPxLzHo3gvqSmdejGvo3L-CWgD14x1u_=w965-h643-no

AOfkj--NaGPkZWi35EbTgq1wnXyLM7dOH2AskgLXCJLi=w965-h643-no

Here is a video where Darth Vader is introduced:

And here are videos of the fireworks. Note that they are not the best videos...since we were pretty close to the stage, it's hard to get an "overarching" view of everything in a camera. Regardless...the fireworks were amazing. I literally felt chills. I felt like I was a kid again watching Star Wars for the first time. Obviously I didn't see it the year it came out since I was only 1, but I used to play Star Wars figurines with my cousin when I was 6-12 years old. And I was a complete geek growing up...and I still am :)

More:

And the finale: (sorry, I think I have my finger at the edge of the lens...)

I just realize I need to work on my video capturing skills...I can take a decent picture but video...not my forte! BUT We will have more fireworks videos from tomorrow because we went to watch the fireworks again (no dessert party but a better view).

I'm so glad I came for Star Wars weekends. It was a magical day...I was ok dealing with the crowds all week and the crowded buses just because I got to experience today. Today was a day every Disney fan should experience once. Whether it be Star Wars weekends, or another event that is close to your heart...I think Disney does it perfectly.

We went back to our resort, perfectly content at having experienced such a day.

On to Day 3....coming up soon!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter