Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby Feed the Force!! A May 2015 TR - Update 10/29 Trip Epilogue!

This is one of the best hub pics I've seen. The first part had just opened on our last trip, so its great to see the whole thing in all its brady bunch astroturf beauty

The hub is gorgeous! And it's not even finished yet...there were some areas still under construction next to the castle. It's gonna look amazing. And so much more space to watch parades and Wishes!

Where is this? Love the angle

It is on the walkway behind the castle from liberty square to fantasyland...I think. I'm bad with directions. I think it's that walkway because I remember passing by Tiana's meet n greet area.

Looks like you are more than ready for your princess close-up

Oh trust me, I've gotten the photopass pose down pat. My sister and I have numerous bad pictures from previous trips that all we do now is smile and pose as much as possible and try not to smoosh our faces into characters when they hug us.

Love Gastons and the brew, but never tried the pork shank. Gotta add that to the repertoire.

You must! If you like fatty pork goodness, it's a must try! We ate it twice on the trip!

You definitely have the same nose, but that is about all that I see. You definitely look related to me, just not alike ; )

I agree :)

Ahh, CHH one of my favs. We love the fish and lighthouse sandwich. Great choices if I do say so myself

Our favorites items too!!

Love your room. We did the lion king section before and love the double bathrooms and more room. You're right, definitely not deluxe, but not HoJo's either ; )

AoA is really great! The Lion King rooms are next on our list...if it's just me and DH we may stay in the Poly as that is our favorite resort, but with 3 adults the additional bathroom was really nice!

How did you not get a picture of this?????? I would have paid some good money to see that sight

Ah...but I did. But from the back. I wasn't sure if I should post it as maybe this person is a DIS-er...? LOL she looked HOT...too HOT! I don't think anyone even noticed that her DBF was dressed as Han...

TzP0rirXAU-nCwTcwKYmcxEAgcsHube7gc01x_Nn03bc=w483-h643-no

...btw I accept all forms of payment...cash, check, paypal, pork shanks...

Star wars is generally lost on me, but food is not. Though blue milk does not look too appetizing. Any chance there was a little blue russian (aka vodka) in there?

I thought blue milk would just be milk colored with blue food coloring. I didn't think that it would actually have a flavor...but it was blue raspberry or something in the jolly rancher family. I did not like it. Sci Fi does however, have an oreo milkshake with godiva liqueur...

This looks delicious!

It was! Although I think I remember reading in your dining reviews that you do not like mushrooms? This omelette had shiitake mushrooms although it wasn't very mushroom-y at all. It was delicious!!

I've been following your family cruise TR & just found this one! I'm so jealous of your great cruise followed up with a week WDW. I'm really enjoying this, thanks for sharing!

I've been following your family cruise TR & just found this one! I'm so jealous of your great cruise followed up with a week WDW. I'm really enjoying this, thanks for sharing!
Hi! Thanks for visiting me over here! Yes we were lucky we got to spend 2 weeks with all things Disney. It just all worked out for us and family, which in actuality is pretty rare!

Ah...but I did. But from the back. I wasn't sure if I should post it as maybe this person is a DIS-er...? LOL she looked HOT...too HOT! I don't think anyone even noticed that her DBF was dressed as Han...

...btw I accept all forms of payment...cash, check, paypal, pork shanks...

I thought blue milk would just be milk colored with blue food coloring. I didn't think that it would actually have a flavor...but it was blue raspberry or something in the jolly rancher family. I did not like it. Sci Fi does however, have an oreo milkshake with godiva liqueur...
Matt noticed them at first (I did not know who they were dressed as, so he had to explain it, lol!) funny thing is, I was probably sitting on the scooter waiting to be called (would be right behind the lady holding the little one!) in this picture...cause we were parked right there.

Yeah, Matt and Sabrina did not like the blue milk either... Can I steal your picture here when I get to that day? We were all too busy guawking in awe that we did not take a picture of them!

Just found your TR. Those SWW look like sooo much fun!! I had to laugh when you said about how you booked it to TSMM in the am and already there were so many people there. I always wonder about that when I run anywhere first thing in the AM...like HOW did SO many people get here so quickly?? I guess there are always people with some sort of advantage...early ADR's maybe...but seems crazy and sadly only getting worse the more planning people put into these trips. I love all your Sci-Fi pics - I can't wait to go there in October...though sadly it won't be SWW...but hey ...it's all good. So much fun that you got to go on a cruise and then a week at WDW...I look forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

Joining in! I'm really enjoying the report so far. Your pictures are great. I think your pictures of the Sci-Fi are probably the best I've seen in that restaurant. That breakfast looks amazing! And thanks for sharing the pictures of the new hub at MK. We must have been there just before the walls came down. Looking forward to seeing more. :goodvibes

All caught up :) wow, you had a lot packed into your one sww day!

We also did both sw character meals this trip, but not the package. So we ended up just watching the 501st part of the parade on Sunday since the main parade thoroughfare was packed.

I never know quite what to say to the slave Leia bikini costumes. I know it's kind of harsh but I have to think... Great job wearing a bathing suit to an amusement park. I hope your enjoying all the attention you obviously wanted... Like I said I know it's harsh but those are my thoughts. I saw an awesome Leia endor speeder bike costume so I know there are other Leia costumes that are cool.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day!

Matt noticed them at first (I did not know who they were dressed as, so he had to explain it, lol!) funny thing is, I was probably sitting on the scooter waiting to be called (would be right behind the lady holding the little one!) in this picture...cause we were parked right there.

Yeah, Matt and Sabrina did not like the blue milk either... Can I steal your picture here when I get to that day? We were all too busy guawking in awe that we did not take a picture of them!

We must have passed each other a few times without noticing it! I have to back and look at my other pictures which I did not post to see if you are in any of them, hehe.

Yes sure you can use my picture!

Just found your TR. Those SWW look like sooo much fun!! I had to laugh when you said about how you booked it to TSMM in the am and already there were so many people there. I always wonder about that when I run anywhere first thing in the AM...like HOW did SO many people get here so quickly?? I guess there are always people with some sort of advantage...early ADR's maybe...but seems crazy and sadly only getting worse the more planning people put into these trips. I love all your Sci-Fi pics - I can't wait to go there in October...though sadly it won't be SWW...but hey ...it's all good. So much fun that you got to go on a cruise and then a week at WDW...I look forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

Hi Kathy! Welcome to my SWW TR! It was a really great day. I am not sure I would go at the same time again next year, maybe only to DHS for SWW and that's it. The parks were much more crowded than what we are used to. (We go in Sept-Oct usually). I think they just put the 30 minute wait time to discourage people...newbies may look for another ride but us Disney vets know better! It never is usually the wait they have on the rides first thing in the am though.

You will have a great time in October! I love the ambiance in Sci Fi! The food is actually pretty good regularly. It's just not as interesting as it was during SWW. I always like to go there for lunch because it's nice to escape the heat and enter a dark cool interior...:)

Joining in! I'm really enjoying the report so far. Your pictures are great. I think your pictures of the Sci-Fi are probably the best I've seen in that restaurant. That breakfast looks amazing! And thanks for sharing the pictures of the new hub at MK. We must have been there just before the walls came down. Looking forward to seeing more. :goodvibes

Yay! Good to see you here too! Thank you!! It was a great breakfast, probably my favorite of the trip. And we went to CRT and BOG for breakfast too.
The hub is so pretty! I can't wait to see what it looks like when the castle adds the extra turrets.

All caught up :) wow, you had a lot packed into your one sww day!

We also did both sw character meals this trip, but not the package. So we ended up just watching the 501st part of the parade on Sunday since the main parade thoroughfare was packed.

I never know quite what to say to the slave Leia bikini costumes. I know it's kind of harsh but I have to think... Great job wearing a bathing suit to an amusement park. I hope your enjoying all the attention you obviously wanted... Like I said I know it's harsh but those are my thoughts. I saw an awesome Leia endor speeder bike costume so I know there are other Leia costumes that are cool.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day!

We did! I figure we'll just try and do it all in one day! I wanted to save the next day (Sunday) for the last day of the Epcot F and G festival. It really was so pretty and it's amazing how right after the festival was over, the next day all the flowers and topiaries were gone! Can't wait to read about your experiences at both Star Wars meals!

Yes...it was extremely revealing...I'm sure she's a regular cosplayer and goes to comic/anime conventions and gets a ton of attention...they made her cover herself though so I'm sure she's learned her lesson for next time! I wish I had a body like that though...*green with envy while I set at my desk eating bacon*

You totally just made my day, but i literally have no words for her "disney" outfit ; )

It was! Although I think I remember reading in your dining reviews that you do not like mushrooms? This omelette had shiitake mushrooms although it wasn't very mushroom-y at all. It was delicious!!
Yep couldn't pay me to touch a mushroom. Somehow casually missed that word in your description ; )

Just caught up!

Love your report and agree with others that your pics are fantastic! I also love both you and your sis' outfit for day 1. I would never think to dress up for parks but you look pretty and comfy and the pics are great.

Excited to read more!

Finally all caught up! :thumbsup2 I give you huge props for successfully maintaining 2 TRs - I'm struggling with just one :laughing:

I LOVE your F&G pictures! And I love the pictures of you and Steve on your first day, your dress is beautiful - and also perfect for the Florida heat and sun.

:rotfl: about your "silly PP picture" in Morocco - it reminds me of "silly" poses they put you in on cruise ships too.

Ugh, I wish I had more time at F&G because there were SO many foods that I just didn't have time (or stomach space, try as I might :laughing:) to do. I did make an impressive dent in the menus though :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh - I'll second that the weather got super hot and humid toward the end of our trips. :faint:

I did the Visa character meet and greet on my first day too! I've had a Disney Visa for nearly 10 years and hadn't ever done it :sad2: I'm so glad I finally did.

Yay for CS's arrival!

I totally agree about your crowd assessment - I typically come in the fall too and the crowds are absolutely better then. The crowds got to me a lot this trip, especially the closer I got to Memorial Day weekend.

Your Sci-Fi breakfast looked awesome!!! :thumbsup2

Love your trip reports!!

We were at SWW that day too! At least this Leia had a "modest" bikini bottom on.

We saw one a couple of weeks later who had a smaller flesh colored bikini bottom on under her costume. And we kept running into her all. Day. Long. My daughter ten year old daughter is a very vocal opponent of the slave Leia costume. :)
I will say that this one was wearing a cape.

We did see an Endor Speed Bike Leia as well. I think I would like to cosplay that sometime. My daughter would be more than happy to dress like an Ewok.

You totally just made my day, but i literally have no words for her "disney" outfit ; )

Yep couldn't pay me to touch a mushroom. Somehow casually missed that word in your description ; )

Yes...I was speechless too.

That's too funny...is your dislike of mushrooms from the way it tastes or the way it's grown? My friend's dad used to grow mushrooms and because of that my friend doesn't touch them. He thinks it's gross, even though he'll eat anything with mushrooms in them when he can't visibly pick them out. So it's really just the idea of the mushroom, not the taste. :) :crazy2:

Just caught up!

Love your report and agree with others that your pics are fantastic! I also love both you and your sis' outfit for day 1. I would never think to dress up for parks but you look pretty and comfy and the pics are great.

Excited to read more!

Thank you! I figure, Disney is the one place where we get so many pictures taken, that we should look our best without sacrificing comfort...So I wear light flow-y stretchy dresses. In all honesty that's what I wear all the time IRL, and what I'm most comfortable in. I never wear shorts unless they are bermudas because I just don't like the way I look in them! And the times I have worn shorts to Disney I have never been happy with the way picture turned out in the past...so I just wear what I feel comfortable in! My sister is a bit of a ham...and she is a slave to fashion...and is self conscious enough that she'll wear leggings and a cardigan in hot weather because she wants to hide her arms and legs. :sad2:

Finally all caught up! :thumbsup2 I give you huge props for successfully maintaining 2 TRs - I'm struggling with just one :laughing:

I LOVE your F&G pictures! And I love the pictures of you and Steve on your first day, your dress is beautiful - and also perfect for the Florida heat and sun.

:rotfl: about your "silly PP picture" in Morocco - it reminds me of "silly" poses they put you in on cruise ships too.

Ugh, I wish I had more time at F&G because there were SO many foods that I just didn't have time (or stomach space, try as I might :laughing:) to do. I did make an impressive dent in the menus though :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh - I'll second that the weather got super hot and humid toward the end of our trips. :faint:

I did the Visa character meet and greet on my first day too! I've had a Disney Visa for nearly 10 years and hadn't ever done it :sad2: I'm so glad I finally did.

Yay for CS's arrival!

I totally agree about your crowd assessment - I typically come in the fall too and the crowds are absolutely better then. The crowds got to me a lot this trip, especially the closer I got to Memorial Day weekend.

Your Sci-Fi breakfast looked awesome!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks Tracy!!
I wish I could have eaten more at F&G as well...I ate a lot of frushi out of everything offered...LOL

OMG My sister and I just crack up when we do the crazy pictures. On some occasions it works out ok, but most of the time, it's just really bad, unflattering touristy pictures. :rotfl:

The visa meet n greet is a must! A free picture? Sign me up! Think we got 3 pictures this year...although I feel the quality of the prints have deteriorated, something is up with their photo printers...they are printing out very dark and dull.

Yes, it was so nice at the beginning, and the weather by the time memorial day rolled around was so hot! But overall the weather was better than when we came last year during labor day...it was way to hot.

Love your trip reports!!

We were at SWW that day too! At least this Leia had a "modest" bikini bottom on.

We saw one a couple of weeks later who had a smaller flesh colored bikini bottom on under her costume. And we kept running into her all. Day. Long. My daughter ten year old daughter is a very vocal opponent of the slave Leia costume. :)
I will say that this one was wearing a cape.

We did see an Endor Speed Bike Leia as well. I think I would like to cosplay that sometime. My daughter would be more than happy to dress like an Ewok.

Thank you and welcome! I can't believe there was a Leia with a flesh colored bottom...I wonder if Disney said anything to her? They must be used to all the slave Leias that come every year...I guess they just anticipate it's going to happen anyways. It's fine for a comic convention...I go tot NY Comic Con every year and there are tons of people in just body paint....and dozens of slave Leias. But at Disney they just stick out like a sore thumb...

What I'd really like to cosplay is Leia during the throne room scene at the end of episode iv. I think it's such a pretty look!

I am totally not surprised at what I see at comic cons any more. ;)

I liked her Cloud City look.

I am totally not surprised at what I see at comic cons any more. ;)

I liked her Cloud City look.

Me neither...at last year's NYCC, someone came dressed as Namor...he caused quite s stir...my jaw just dropped. At least he was fit.

Cloud City is probably one of the easier ones to replicate...I wish I knew how to sew so I can make costumes!

All caught up LOL looks like that much fun should not be allowed :P great pictures looked like a really great time!!!

All caught up LOL looks like that much fun should not be allowed :P great pictures looked like a really great time!!!

Haha thanks! Yes, we had a really great time. We knew to expect crowds though, and even though it was packed, SWW still exceeded my expectations...:)

Day 2 Part 4: Meeting Baymax and other characters!

After our FP+ for Star Tours, we headed to the Animation Studios to see if we could meet some characters...we saw the line for Baymax was super long...

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-305.jpg

...but since we were here, DH said he would wait in line while myself and CS met other characters.

The line for Minnie was short! I think a lot of people don't realize she's here, because she's in a separate room and you don't see her upon first entering, but she has her own line and her own dressing room!

pp%2Bedit-103.jpg

Then it was Frozone and Mr. Incredible! Their line wasn't terribly long but they left and came back so that took up about 10 minutes. Also a photopass photog wasn't available so this is from my camera:

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-303.jpg

DH was slowly approaching the front of the line...but it was still going to be about 20 minutes. So CS and I sat down and rested for a bit on the benches. Finally it was our turn and we joined DH at the front of the line to meet Baymax and Hiro!

Wassup!

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-306.jpg

I swear I totally want to kidnap Baymax and have him as my personal health care companion at home. He was adorable!

pp%2Bedit-107.jpg

pp%2Bedit-105.jpg

Hiro was super nice too. I swear, he has the BEST character job at Disney...wake up, wear shorts and a sweatshirt, hang out with Baymax and smile all day...in air conditioning. He doesn't have to wear a thick costume, make up, tights, or anything fancy. He literally could have rolled out of bed and been Hiro! He may have had to wear a wig or hair piece but I don't think it'll be hard to grow hair like that and then gel it into spikes. Best. Job. Ever!

I asked them for a selfie and they totally obliged:

I got photobombed though!

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-310.jpg

twice!

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-312.jpg

Best selfie ever! (There are a lot of bests in this post)

I asked Baymax for a fist bump, and he gave me a fist bump ba-la-la-la-la. Best Fist Bump Ever!!!

I was so happy!!!

After meeting Baymax it was just in time for our Frozen Sing a long FP+ so we headed to the theater. It was nice and cool inside, and I like the part where Elsa makes it snow. Here's a little video of the end of the show, when Elsa comes out.

I think this show is really just an excuse for adults and kids to sing their heart out to Frozen songs. Hehehe.

After the show it was time for our last FP+ for TSMM! This time I beat DH and got Best in Car! Woohoo! Can't remember my score but it was in the 190k. DH claims his gun wasn't working properly. Yeah ok. :sad2:

So at this point, the park is packed...DH and I decided to go back to the resort for a swim, before our dinner at Hollywood and Vine and the dessert party. It was going to be a long night so a rest in between appealed to me. CS on the other hand said she wanted to go character hopping and we decided to meet back up at DHS before dinner.

As DH and I headed out we took some PP pictures:

pp%2Bedit-108.jpg

pp%2Bedit-111.jpg

Wouldn't be a PP pic without at least one silly/dorky pose...

pp%2Bedit-110.jpg

We got back to the resort and went for a swim and rested. I was glad I was able to do so during the afternoon!

Disney%2BSWW%2B2015-324.jpg

Meanwhile, CS was really busy...

pp%2Bedit-116.jpg

pp%2Bedit-117.jpg

pp%2Bedit-121.jpg

pp%2Bedit-123.jpg

pp%2Bedit-127.jpg

She was on a roll!

After we rested up, DH and I went back to DHS...of course we had to wear our OTHER Star Wars clothing.

cZ0xbRu2dMeC1EsO91TyiYifGntECGIsNKtJ748Q8qdE=w386-h553-no

Tinkerbell likes Star Wars too!

We browsed some of the shops before dinner...I liked all the SWW merchandise!

lMj_vkD8v7LaYarLtln_LAC2gxcZLw-GVKXnWyGpuagB=w483-h643-no

We met CS at the entrance to Hollywood and Vine...it was time for dinner!

Coming up...our Jedi Mickey's STAR WARS Dine at Hollywood & Vine!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter