Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby Feed the Force!! A May 2015 TR - Update 10/29 Trip Epilogue!

Whoo hoo! RnRC 4 X in a row!!! IMPRESSIVE! Glad you had some rest and then some fun!

Just read about your morning at DHS- pretty great lineup with characters, Toy Story, Indiana Jones, Animation, One Man's Dream, Great Movie ride and even a little pizza. :)

It has been awhile since I have seen the IJ show. Lately, while the boys have gone to the show, I have done some "girlie" things like Beauty and the Beast or Voyage of the Little Mermaid by myself.

The Cowboy scene on Great Movie Ride rocks!

Looking forward to reading about your Rebel Hangar dinner. That is great that they had it during the week, rather than having to fit in yet another event on Saturday or Sunday.

:darth:

My t-shirt above is from Crazy Shirts in Hawaii. It says "Just Maui'd" How cute is that? Even thought we're not newlyweds I couldn't pass this t-shirt up when I saw it on a trip to Maui two years ago. It was also 50% off, which was really the reason I bought it. :cutie:
Love the shirt - really cute! And even better at 50% off!

Sounds like a great day for DHS! You got in so many rides and then having the non-crowded Fantastic - sounds wonderful!

Love seeing the pics of AoA - I just love the looks of that Cars section. And, mmmm, gelato is a bonus too!

Just spent a lazy Saturday catching up on your entire TR. loving it!!! I love how much you guys accomplish. Your sister's photo-mania is hysterical. Good for her, to pursue what makes her happy!! Your writing is fun and your outfits are adorable...but I got to know, do all those skirts have attached shorts??? I live in dresses at home but would be terrified of walking around Disney in them (sweat, chafe...tmi).

Whoo hoo! RnRC 4 X in a row!!! IMPRESSIVE! Glad you had some rest and then some fun!

Haha, thanks! 'twas a great day!

Congrats on your milestone post!!!

party:

Thanks!!

Just read about your morning at DHS- pretty great lineup with characters, Toy Story, Indiana Jones, Animation, One Man's Dream, Great Movie ride and even a little pizza. :)

It has been awhile since I have seen the IJ show. Lately, while the boys have gone to the show, I have done some "girlie" things like Beauty and the Beast or Voyage of the Little Mermaid by myself.

We missed Beauty and the Beast this time...but I do actually remember watching The Little Mermaid! So we must have seen it sometime today, I just forgot when.

The Cowboy scene on Great Movie Ride rocks!

It does!

Looking forward to reading about your Rebel Hangar dinner. That is great that they had it during the week, rather than having to fit in yet another event on Saturday or Sunday.

:darth:

Yeah it was great that it was during the week as well. I'm sure they are also testing out how well these Star Wars meals do outside of Star Wars weekend, hence all the news about the new Star Wars Land and themed restaurants. That will be so fun to go to an actual Mos Eisleys Cantina.

Wow, the Pixar exhibit looked really awesome and fun! A little bit of Disney meets the North East :) Also, the kiddos are too, too cute!

Thanks! Yes, it was a lot of fun! My sisters were thinking of taking the kids but I think they are a bit too young. They haven't really watched many of the Pixar movies yet (they can barely sit through an entire movie as it is) so maybe in a couple of years they will have something like this again!

Love the shirt - really cute! And even better at 50% off!

Thanks! That was a great deal!

Sounds like a great day for DHS! You got in so many rides and then having the non-crowded Fantastic - sounds wonderful!

It was a great day! We got a lot done at DHS and it was so nice not having huge crowds. I think Wednesdays seem to be the least crowded park days, at least IMO. :)

Love seeing the pics of AoA - I just love the looks of that Cars section. And, mmmm, gelato is a bonus too!

I do love the theme of the whole resort. I have actually yet to venture over to the Little Mermaid section. It just seems like such a far walk, especially after walking all day...maybe I'll have to stop for some Gelato half way! :rotfl:

Just spent a lazy Saturday catching up on your entire TR. loving it!!! I love how much you guys accomplish. Your sister's photo-mania is hysterical. Good for her, to pursue what makes her happy!! Your writing is fun and your outfits are adorable...but I got to know, do all those skirts have attached shorts??? I live in dresses at home but would be terrified of walking around Disney in them (sweat, chafe...tmi).

Thank you and :welcome:

Yes we all have our own interests! My sister loves characters and pictures, I love food, and my DH likes rides and sleeping. LOL. :rotfl:

Thank you! Yes my skirts are all skorts (skirts with built in shorts)...I get them in the athletic section, like for tennis and stuff, so they are very comfortable and stretchy too. They are great!! I know what you mean about the sweating/chafing - the skorts are definitely the way to go!

I see you have a trip coming up soon! Enjoy!! It will be a really nice time to go to Disney...it will be very hot, but there will be lower crowds. We went this time last year and we enjoyed low wait times at everything (except for the extreme big ticket rides like 7DMT, and Soarin'). Hope you do a trip report!

Day 7 Part 1: The start of our last full day and an ADR change

Today was our last full day at WDW (sniff). It was Epcot today! Epcot is my favorite park and I could spend days here.

We got ready for rope drop and headed out to the bus stop. Hmmm no Cars shot today but here's one from the bus stop. I got the pink t-shirt from the cruise. It was one of the few purchases I made on the cruise. That and the butter knives from Animator's Palate. Those were really cute.

dOBI8mz_8pBxeb8HwOTF0QrlFbRILqFXI6i6AmbC9oTl=w529-h705-no

Today we had FP+ for Test Track, Character Spot, and Spaceship Earth. We decided to run for Soarin' again after rope drop because we wanted to have breakfast again at Sunshine Seasons so it made sense to do that right after Soarin'. That evening, we had an ADR for La Hacienda San Angel.

When we got to the park, we saw this spunky little fella so had to stop for a picture.

Oc-Hi6KdjJxpY2TAzVkizsHJzu6VhTNbCQ6pmwkiXTfA=w1093-h728-no

Hmm, the park just opened and there's already a huge line for Spaceship Earth again...

jRsur5oyNfcK7fI8CLFs_KQoAGbGmHGp9goX9LtajO-U=w1093-h728-no

Chunkysis decided to make the mad dash with us over to Soarin' this time. The wait time was not that bad when we got there. Probably 20 minutes, but got exponentially longer after we got on line. This time we requested to wait for a center top row seat and we got it!

We then got breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. All I really wanted was the muesli with fruit.

os4tqSeKpuKwcDKxwJFaZQZVVTPYIEMdDiZRUruP0gj5=w1093-h728-no

cGt8KvEFUtUUyXs_hnMX6GFlEZXLlrhwY_BHOjjbe3BR=w1093-h728-no

It reminded me of the muesli I loved on the Disney Magic cruise, and they were similar although this one had a lot more fruit in it and less oatmeal. I can't remember what DH got but I think he had a bounty platter and CS got the croissant bread pudding.

Next, we went to Living with The Land which luckily didn't have a wait!
Here's us in the boat:

0vIm5ukXcnf4JypVtNr3VHUzy2A1TxFNeHnvAmil0F-a=w1093-h728-no

w4BHzwgRGxJMs4-mO2lvh1aTIBEzYl97jXWiNnEpKk6H=w1093-h728-no

I realize then how much we all enjoyed this ride, and we kinda had a hankering to eat at Garden Grill. So I checked the MDE app, and lo and behold, there was a dinner ADR available for the 3 of us! So I decided we'd swap out La Hacienda and go to Garden Grill instead for dinner, then we'd watch Illuminations from somewhere around the World. We were all really happy with this decision because after going on LWTL so many times during this trip, plus viewing the Flower and Garden exhibits, Garden Grill just seemed like the perfect ending. DH was super excited!

Next we headed to our FP+ with Character Spot. We didn't actually need the FP+ as the line was not long but we had lots of stuff to do that day and we didn't want to move our FP+ to return later.

OETFkeUDklREG8PVMxiaoBQ8cnCXnXQ1UmMkDQXqNNph=w1093-h728-no

7pkBP8zs2wKerx_tE_qhpsf1S4j7G9ho3mRAXpP3hyo6=w1093-h728-no

xLmoOp-4xHAvq8OVM2YsKgwgX1cqpL86h8hviw5KBgLO=w559-h838-no

After Character Spot, CS went to Mousegears for a bit while DH and I took some PP pics.

nq21Muz3pcxVo13GvB_FQanohqb9WE1CXDrPzjMm22uM=w559-h838-no

LIuH46fGwGbngZWN03d4IKjpJobxZFHnAHgzjc_GxdLY=w559-h838-no

CS apparently also ran into some old friends outside Mousegears.

3TyVU_zX-L2ywBaNw5LbuMddBMosQhrpB57rJoWp-HcP=w1135-h756-no

oWwGmAm7D6HmPhKF-CQMHy0gFtmZeS7Qp2pOSPLvKfrY=w1135-h756-no

We then went to the Tomorrowland Preview. It was actually very exciting. I was really looking forward to watching the movie after the preview. But let's just say, the best part of the movie was in the preview.

AJIyS5XXPVUNbz4P6FyWgdFWTQpotSpoApRccQUjxNS-=w1135-h756-no

Since we were next to Figment, we decided to do that too. What surprised me was the line...I've never really seen a line for this. I think Figment has definitely increased in popularity.

ik1eb441HDoBxcBB-sx4VIJqs9pT-oK3DwLOFY8PV0bZ=w1135-h756-no

It wasn't a bad wait at all, maybe 5-10 mins, but the fact that we had to wait at all was rather surprising.

There was an Emotion Garden section for the movie Inside Out, probably leftover from the Flower and Garden festival. There was even a PP photographer there.

DrSSiRq8PTtPYS1TUP5x8f38E9OhQI7Bv_JsI1V_jUBY=w1135-h756-no

RnmvePijs2tmAZ1jNSTG7g61h2K-v8q-11urZiE54PON=w1135-h756-no

Now it was time for some Test Track!
Here's us on line:

EtqCbsM4KeT3hAhC9Ya-nG0c5UuMNgykLl14ogMAUlSn=w1135-h756-no

I was a bit too tired to stay awake for the ride though:

Mf6CBughydi4yJyyNTpmuJnG9lf-EVSizQORlhgQ9194=w1134-h756-no

At this point I was getting hungry again so my sister and I decided to go to World Showcase to eat. DH wasn't that hungry and was planning on hanging around Future World so we were all going to meet up at Innoventions West to take our Disney Visa picture after lunch.

CS and I headed over to the World Showcase:

k7FUa14MGL-tMohzvwQfk3T3v0xitUKrMZ8xYnd1cudX=w1135-h756-no

We decided to eat in Japan at the Quick Service there. But first CS wanted a picture with Duffy. I wasn't too keen because the line was a bit too long for my liking and it was getting quite hot standing in the sun. Luckily for me we saw a ferry pull up at that moment in front of Duffy's meeting spot so we got off the line and ran into the ferry to save us the long walk to Japan.

Coming up....more food, more characters, more Epcot fun!

So I checked the MDE app, and lo and behold, there was a dinner ADR available for the 3 of us! So I decided we'd swap out La Hacienda and go to Garden Grill instead for dinner, then we'd watch Illuminations from somewhere around the World.
Did you have to call to swap out ADRs? Didn't know you could do this so just curious

Chunkysis decided to make the mad dash with us over to Soarin' this time. The wait time was not that bad when we got there. Probably 20 minutes, but got exponentially longer after we got on line. This time we requested to wait for a center top row seat and we got it!
I almost missed chunky sis sprinting on the side of the photo. Were her magical teleportation skills not working?

Also had no idea you could request a soarin' seat. I'm just learning so much tonight ; )

CS apparently also ran into some old friends outside Mousegears.
That girl could find a disney character at Universal ; )

ince we were next to Figment, we decided to do that too. What surprised me was the line...I've never really seen a line for this. I think Figment has definitely increased in popularity.
I don't think it is popularity, I think it is a bi-product of fast pass plus and the limited options for Epcot. No one needs a fast pass for figment but with so few tier 2 choices, it ends up increasing the regular line

Did you have to call to swap out ADRs? Didn't know you could do this so just curious

I did it through the app, but actually the GG ADR was a lot earlier than the Hacienda one so it let me make the ADR. Then I just canceled the Hacienda. If it were the same time though it may have made me cancel the Hacienda first then book the new ADR.

I almost missed chunky sis sprinting on the side of the photo. Were her magical teleportation skills not working?

Nah, she stooped to our level and ran like the rest of us plebeians. :lmao:

Also had no idea you could request a soarin' seat. I'm just learning so much tonight ; )

Yes you can! Although you will probably just have to wait for the next round if it's already full. Definitely worth it. I mean, you waited that long already, you might as well get the full experience of Soarin.

That girl could find a disney character at Universal ; )

Yes, she probably could! :rotfl:

I don't think it is popularity, I think it is a bi-product of fast pass plus and the limited options for Epcot. No one needs a fast pass for figment but with so few tier 2 choices, it ends up increasing the regular line

You are probably right! I never thought about that before, but yes, the whole FP+ system definitely affects the distribution and wait times!

Hi Su-Lynn! Looks like you had a wonderful time in Boston with your family! I'm all caught up and sad that you are almost done with your TR! :(

I'm here, I'm here! SUPER late to the party, as this TR is on your last day already!!! It looks like an AWESOME trip though, I can't even begin to comment on it all! I can't wait to be back at Disney World, omg! :scratchin

Busy morning so far in Epcot! Sounds like things were going smoothly, though. So glad you got your Garden Grill dinner too!

Hi Su-Lynn! Looks like you had a wonderful time in Boston with your family! I'm all caught up and sad that you are almost done with your TR! :(

Thanks! We had a lot of fun in Boston! I know...can't believe I've been plowing through this TR...but it's best when the info is still fresh in my head! Don't worry, lots of PTR action happening too (just made ADRs for next year!).

I'm here, I'm here! SUPER late to the party, as this TR is on your last day already!!! It looks like an AWESOME trip though, I can't even begin to comment on it all! I can't wait to be back at Disney World, omg! :scratchin

YAY! OMG you'll have so much fun and I can read your TR while I wait for my next trip! :cutie:

Busy morning so far in Epcot! Sounds like things were going smoothly, though. So glad you got your Garden Grill dinner too!

Yeah seemed like a great day at Epcot. The crowds weren't too bad (not as crazy as the last day of F and G) and the weather (so far) was good. I'm so glad we switched to GG as it made the whole trip seem complete (considering we went on LWTL about 5 times) :daisy::daisy::daisy:

I have really enjoyed your TR. It's helped me with ideas for my May trip 2016 and we are staying at AOA too. Thanks for sharing so much.

I had such high hopes for tomorrow land. That movie could have been so much more.

I love your husband's shirt, I have that exact design captain America stuffed animal from universal.

You totally should have got a pic with Duffy. Especially after I have a very strong margarita from cava de tequila :)

I had such high hopes for tomorrow land. That movie could have been so much more.

Yeah I know...it had so much potential...it started off well then kinda flat lined.

I love your husband's shirt, I have that exact design captain America stuffed animal from universal.

Cool! They are so cute!

You totally should have got a pic with Duffy. Especially after I have a very strong margarita from cava de tequila :)

Haha yeah I wish. The line was a little too long for my liking and then the ferry pulled up! Ferry won.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter