Christmas with Mickey! ** Update p.4 FP+ & online check in complete**

Day 1:
Breakfast - airport
Lunch - counter service in EPCOT
Dinner - Garden Grill

I NEED to know how GG is for dinner. I always want to go there and no one else ever seems interested. :P

Day 2:
Breakfast - Crystal Palace (hoping for a pre-park opening ADR)
Lunch - Be Our Guest
Dinner - Hoop Dee Doo (Tier 1)

If you don't get the French Onion soup at BOG we're not going to be friends anymore. :P Like, I wish you could get some and send it to me BECAUSE IT'S MY FAVORITE THING IN LIFE!

Day 3:
Breakfast - snacks or eat in room
Lunch - Sci Fi Dine in
Dinner - Yak & Yeti or possibly Boma

OR JIKO! I want to go to Jiko soooooooo badlyyyyyyyyyyy! I neeeeeeeeeeed to go to Jikoooooooooo!!! I already have all the dining planned for whenever my next trip would be just because there are so many places (LIKE JIKO) I want to goooooooooo! I miss Disney food. :(

Ooooh! How exciting! :hyper:

Love your ADRs, and I totally feel you on the planning...even when there are no hours out! :rotfl:

Ahh!! It's Disney THIS YEAR!! :jumping1: And your ticker says 10 months 3 days! :banana: It will be here sooner than you think :woohoo:

You'll be booking ADR's soon Lu!! 3 weeks and you'll be able to! How exciting! :dancer:

I can't wait to be at the 6 month mark! That's when it starts feeling super real!

I NEED to know how GG is for dinner. I always want to go there and no one else ever seems interested. :P

I will report back on it!! I have done it before but a looooooong time ago. It seems the quality went down a bit but is much better again now. So I am hoping it's good!

If you don't get the French Onion soup at BOG we're not going to be friends anymore. :P Like, I wish you could get some and send it to me BECAUSE IT'S MY FAVORITE THING IN LIFE!

*salutes* You got it, dude! :thumbsup2

OR JIKO! I want to go to Jiko soooooooo badlyyyyyyyyyyy! I neeeeeeeeeeed to go to Jikoooooooooo!!! I already have all the dining planned for whenever my next trip would be just because there are so many places (LIKE JIKO) I want to goooooooooo! I miss Disney food. :(

I haven't been to Jiko in years! My parents love it...but I am trying to stick to places that are more kid friendly. Not that Jacob behaves badly in public but...still. Plus I have never been to Boma so it'd be cool to try it!

Hey girly, maybe you already know, but in case you don't... I just saw this and thought of you, hopefully it'll all be done by December and you'll have a shiny new room :goodvibes If you stay at BCV that is!

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...tion-questions.3400342/page-390#post-55146109

Yes!!! I actually JUST saw that yesterday - I am so excited! I think there's probably a very good chance it'll be finished or at least close to finished by the time we go in Dec. So glad they FINALLY started the refurb!

came across your pre-trip report, I can totally relate being nervous about studio being available 7 months out. We will be at Disney Dec 4-10 and we want to book a studio or one bed room. My husbands first choice is Bay lake towers, then boardwalk, WL. We have not booked yet, and I dont know when we will (my DH wont give me a date) so I am worried we will not get what we want. Then again I will be happy at any deluxe, but we spend a lot of time at MK so Bay lake towers would be great.

came across your pre-trip report, I can totally relate being nervous about studio being available 7 months out. We will be at Disney Dec 4-10 and we want to book a studio or one bed room. My husbands first choice is Bay lake towers, then boardwalk, WL. We have not booked yet, and I dont know when we will (my DH wont give me a date) so I am worried we will not get what we want. Then again I will be happy at any deluxe, but we spend a lot of time at MK so Bay lake towers would be great.

Hi there!! :wave2: And welcome!! :welcome:

I totally feel ya on being nervous about availability! That's why I went ahead and booked Beach Club at the 11 month mark...waiting till 7 months made me so nervous! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to stay at Bay Lake Towers but at this point, I have pretty much settled on staying at Beach Club. I have already started to make tentative plans for park days and a lot of it revolves around being so close to EPCOT. So I will most likely stick with BCV. I am still tempted to check availability at BLT at 7 months out though...you know how it is :rotfl:

Keep me updated on what ya'll end up deciding...it's nerve wracking for sure!

We will be there around the same time too! My dates are Dec 1st - 9th...maybe we will run into one another!

Hello...anyone there?? If you are...hi! :wave2:

Nothing super major to report...there has been a small change in our dates. We are now going to arrive on the evening of 11/30 instead of the morning of 12/1. This will give my boyfriend 3 full park days to enjoy...and our new departure date from WDW will be 12/8 instead of 12/9. I considered staying the extra day BUT my boyfriend got us tickets to Billy Joel on 12/9 and he's on my bucket list so...that's gotta happen! I still plan on taking off 12/9 from work to recover and deal with my PDD (post Disney depression) that is sure to have set in by that point :rotfl:But hey, this shaved 1 day off my countdown and that's something right?? ;)
There is the SLIGHT issue that I had already purchased our 8 day park hoppers...so I plan on finding a flight that leaves later in the day on 12/8 so we can get some morning park time in and not let the last day on our hoppers go to waste :thumbsup2

Also, I decided once and for all to stick with Beach Club Villas...I saw the renovated rooms and they are beautiful :love: Maybe someday we will get to stay at Bay Lake but for now I am happy with Beach Club!

Well that's all for now...we are going to Vegas next month for a few days so maybe I'll share some photos of that and do a mini-TR about our experience there. It's my first time going to Las Vegas so I am pretty excited!! :cool1:

The next big milestone will be making ADR's in early June...and I'm sure I'll have changed my mind approx. 7 billion times about where to eat at before then ;)

VERONICA!!!!!

:faint::eek::faint::eek::faint::eek::faint::eek::faint:

I'm so so so so sorry that I'm like 8 months late to the party! :blush::blush::blush::blush:

But i'm here and subscribed officially now!

The good thing is, your trip is only 8 months away and I remember when you had this trip planned as early as 2 years ago (maybe longer???)

VERONICA!!!!!

:faint::eek::faint::eek::faint::eek::faint::eek::faint:

I'm so so so so sorry that I'm like 8 months late to the party! :blush::blush::blush::blush:

But i'm here and subscribed officially now!

The good thing is, your trip is only 8 months away and I remember when you had this trip planned as early as 2 years ago (maybe longer???)

LESHA!!!
You had a pretty good reason for not being around though ;) So I GUESS I can forgive you this time LOL

My trip is getting super close! I am so excited! In just a couple of months I will be able to make ADR's!

The countdown is on! :banana:

LESHA!!!
You had a pretty good reason for not being around though ;) So I GUESS I can forgive you this time LOL

My trip is getting super close! I am so excited! In just a couple of months I will be able to make ADR's!

The countdown is on! :banana:

Time will seriously fly by and you're going to be wishing you had just a little bit more time....or maybe not considering how long you've been waiting! :laughing: Yay glad to see you back! @BibbitybobityLu and I have been all alone for a while!

683285b0-da23-0131-6c81-0aa0f90d87b4.gif

But now that you're back, we just need @TheLittleKatie to feel complete!

g1iphy.gif

Well that's all for now...we are going to Vegas next month for a few days so maybe I'll share some photos of that and do a mini-TR about our experience there. It's my first time going to Las Vegas so I am pretty excited!! :cool1:

Oh yes! mini TR please!!!

But now that you're back, we just need @TheLittleKatie to feel complete!

I'M HERE!!! Gah I'm so behind :sad2: :laughing:

g1iphy-gif.159524

Hahaha this is us! Right down to the fashion sense :rotfl: I've missed you friends! :grouphug:

How did I miss this??

Hello...anyone there?? If you are...hi! :wave2:

I'm here!! :wave:

winnie_the_pooh_waving.gif

Girl! I saw some of your photos on FB!! Looks like you had a faboosh time!! I wasn't jealous at all :rolleyes1 :laughing:

The next big milestone will be making ADR's in early June...and I'm sure I'll have changed my mind approx. 7 billion times about where to eat at before then ;)

ADRs are soooooooo soooooooooon!! :banana: :banana: And then it will be YOUR TRIP!!! :cool1:

And yes, you most defo change them a bigillion times! Not that I would know or anything :rolleyes1

Gangs all here!! :cheer2:

satc3414.gif

So how much did you love Vegas?!? Isn't it a blast?!

I've been twice now, first time when I turned 30 and then the next year. Had I not been preggo, we would have gone this year! But how did you like it just being the two of you? The second trip DH and I had a few days to ourselves and we really enjoyed it, but it really is fun drinking and hanging out with another couple. Do you plan on going again??

Girl! I saw some of your photos on FB!! Looks like you had a faboosh time!! I wasn't jealous at all :rolleyes1 :laughing:

It was sooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun!!! I absolutely loved it!! I can't wait to go back again!

ADRs are soooooooo soooooooooon!! :banana: :banana: And then it will be YOUR TRIP!!! :cool1:

And yes, you most defo change them a bigillion times! Not that I would know or anything :rolleyes1

I'm like...a month away from being able to book ADR's which is like...INSANE. Because wasn't it just yesterday that my trip was like 17 months away?! LOL! So exciting!! :hyper:

So how much did you love Vegas?!? Isn't it a blast?!

IT WAS AMAZING...we had so much fun!

I've been twice now, first time when I turned 30 and then the next year. Had I not been preggo, we would have gone this year! But how did you like it just being the two of you? The second trip DH and I had a few days to ourselves and we really enjoyed it, but it really is fun drinking and hanging out with another couple. Do you plan on going again??

This trip was to celebrate my 30th and John's 40th so we are pretty much on the same timeline as far as trips to Vegas go :rotfl:

I LOVED it being just the two of us, it was so nice to get away. But we both commented that we could see how much fun it would be to go with a group of people. It's just such a fun environment! We stayed at The Venetian and I seriously loved it...it was amazing!

Also...apparently I am a gambler now? Got really addicted to the slot machines :rotfl2:

And yes we DEFINITELY plan on going again...we loved Vegas so much we are seriously considering getting married there! :hyper:
We aren't engaged YET but we are discussing an October 2017 wedding so...he's on a timeline to pop the question :laughing:

We have been looking at wedding packages there though and it would be WAY cheaper than a wedding here at home...plus less people would go so that's helps ;)

I LOVED it being just the two of us, it was so nice to get away. But we both commented that we could see how much fun it would be to go with a group of people. It's just such a fun environment! We stayed at The Venetian and I seriously loved it...it was amazing!

Yep totally agree! It's definitely a place where you can easily make it couples only or a group setting, which I love! We were so close to booking The Venetian this past trip until we realized that the couple we were going with were staying on the other end of the Strip and we all kind of wanted to be next to each other, so we ended up booking Aria. But next time is The Venetian for sure! Plus it's close to all the shopping :hyper:

Also...apparently I am a gambler now? Got really addicted to the slot machines :rotfl2:

:rotfl2:Crazy how quick you turn into one! :lmao: It's hard to ignore the dings and chimes of the slots :rotfl:The most i've ever won on slots is 80 bucks so we mainly stick to the tables, but slots are fun to sit at and get free drinks :thumbsup2

And yes we DEFINITELY plan on going again...we loved Vegas so much we are seriously considering getting married there! :hyper:
We aren't engaged YET but we are discussing an October 2017 wedding so...he's on a timeline to pop the question :laughing:

We have been looking at wedding packages there though and it would be WAY cheaper than a wedding here at home...plus less people would go so that's helps ;)

Ooh awesome! He better get on that proposal quick fast! And you're right, it would cut down on costs if you had there because of guests not being able to attend. But still send those invites out so you can get gifts :laughing:

Hello my fellow Disney loving friends! :wave2:

Just popping in with a quick update...we are 9 days away from being able to book ADR's! While this is exciting, my current annoyance is that they STILL haven't released Dec park hours :headache: This makes it harder to plan what times I want when I have no idea what park hours are, EMH, etc.

Disney needs to get on it! *shakes fist*

As it is, this is my current ADR plan:

Day 1:
Breakfast: 'Ohana (hoping for a pretty early ADR...then to ride the monorail in to MK for Welcome Show, park opening etc.)
Lunch: BoG
Dinner: First showing of Hoop Dee Doo (Tier 1 is the only way to go :thumbsup2)

Day 2:
Breakfast: CS at Beach Club or EPCOT...no ADR's
Lunch: Snack (and drink!) around the world at WS!
Dinner: Garden Grill (hoping there will be a Candlelight Processional and we will book the package!)

Day 3:
Breakfast: no ADR...eat wherever
Lunch: Sci-Fi Dine In
Dinner: haven't 100% decided...either Yak & Yeti as we plan on being in DAK that afternoon or go back to Beach Club for Beaches and Cream

Day 4: (John will be heading back to SA this day :sad1: Jacob & I will probably go to Disney Springs this day)
Breakfast: No ADR (can you tell we aren't big breakfast eaters :rotfl:)
Lunch: apps & drinks at Boathouse OR Morimoto...haven't decided yet :scratchin
Dinner: Counter service @ World Showcase

Day 5:
Breakfast: snacks or counter service somewhere...planning on a DAK morning
Lunch: Flame Tree or Pizzafari (no ADR needed)
Dinner: 50's Prime Time (possibly as Fantasmic package...again this will depend on them releasing park hours and showtimes!)

Day 6:
Breakfast: Crystal Palace (pre park ADR) - can't go to WDW without eating at my beloved CP!
Lunch: no ADR
Dinner: no ADR plans yet (will depend if I decide to purchase MVMCP tix - they are so crazy expensive *almost $200 for Jacob and I* that I am leaning towards NO. Very disappointing b/c I was looking forward to doing MVMCP but it's hard to justify that cost!)

Day 7:
Breakfast: Captain's Grille
Lunch: no ADR
Dinner: Chef Mickey's...not a big fan but Jacob loves it so that's that :rotfl:

Day 8: DEPARTURE DAY :sad::sad: I will likely book us a later in the day flight so we can get in a few hours at MK before leaving
Breakfast: no ADR's
Lunch: counter service at MK

So that's that...but the plan is ever evolving especially since I have NO park hours to work with yet! Have I said how annoyed I am by that? :rolleyes1

Coming together nicely! It's annoying that you have no park hours yet though?? *shakes fist* indeed :laughing:

Let us know how ADR day goes please :thumbsup2 It's either super fun, or horribly frustrating when the website breaks down.. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers :lmao:

Day 4: (John will be heading back to SA this day :sad1: Jacob & I will probably go to Disney Springs this day)

Was John leaving always in the original plan? That stinks that he won't be able to stay the whole trip with you guys.

(will depend if I decide to purchase MVMCP tix - they are so crazy expensive *almost $200 for Jacob and I* that I am leaning towards NO. Very disappointing b/c I was looking forward to doing MVMCP but it's hard to justify that cost!)

They are really expensive. Have you done it before? If you haven't, i'd say to do it! I really enjoyed going back in 2012 (probably wouldn't go every year due to the cost) but would totally go every other trip!

So that's that...but the plan is ever evolving especially since I have NO park hours to work with yet! Have I said how annoyed I am by that? :rolleyes1

That totally sucks! It's around 6 months when it comes out right?? So hopefully next week before your ADR day?!?

I'm still creeping this thread even though I could just talk to you about it. ;P

Coming together nicely! It's annoying that you have no park hours yet though?? *shakes fist* indeed :laughing:

Let us know how ADR day goes please :thumbsup2 It's either super fun, or horribly frustrating when the website breaks down.. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers :lmao:

It was super annoying! Just today is when they finally have the hours up for the week I'll be there. Now I am scrambling to re-adjust based on rope drops, EMH, etc. But I'll make it happen!

One more day and I'm crossing my fingers it'll go well! :scared:

Was John leaving always in the original plan? That stinks that he won't be able to stay the whole trip with you guys.

Yes unfortunately he was never going to be able to stay the whole trip. He's a teacher and it's hard for him to take time off outside of their regular vacation time. I had already planned this trip before we started dating though so I wasn't gonna change my dates :rolleyes1
I have already accepted this will probably be our last trip during the "off" season...not that there's much of an off season anymore!
But future trips will have to be during summer, spring break, holidays, etc. :crazy2: Plus it'll be harder to take Jacob out of school as he gets older.

They are really expensive. Have you done it before? If you haven't, i'd say to do it! I really enjoyed going back in 2012 (probably wouldn't go every year due to the cost) but would totally go every other trip!

I have never done it as a guest! When I worked in WDW for the college program I worked all the parties - I'd love to attend! And I am still bargaining with myself...going back and forth on the cost. This will be our last trip for at least 3-4 years since we plan on getting married next year and then hopefully honeymooning the following summer in France. So those are a lot of expenses! So I keep telling myself it would be worth it b/c we won't be back for a while, Jacob is only this little once, etc. I'm sure I'll change my mind a million times before I settle on something :rotfl:

That totally sucks! It's around 6 months when it comes out right?? So hopefully next week before your ADR day?!?

The hours are FINALLY all out for the week we are there - such a pain to be re-adjusting stuff at the last minute! ADR's are Friday morning bright and early! :banana:

I'm still creeping this thread even though I could just talk to you about it. ;P

I appreciate you creeping! Especially since we hardly get to talk as much lately because of stupid work :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter