Christmas with Mickey! ** Update p.4 FP+ & online check in complete**

I need to go home tonight and creep TeePublic again. You're a bad influence! :rotfl:

You're the one who introduced me to it! So who's the bad influence :rotfl:

Well now its only 1 year, 2 months, 3 weeks and 3 days! :thumbsup2 :laughing:

1 year, 2 months, 2 weeks, and 5 days now!!! :banana:

Ooooooo!!! Custom buttons?? :hyper:

Yessss...look for "Parkbound" - she has an Etsy shop as well as a regular website. I ordered a button for Jacob and I...for every day of our trip.
Obsessed? Me? :rolleyes1

Okay thank you @HomeSweetDisney and @blklotus now my credit card has melted! :rotfl: :rotfl:

We are providing a public service!! :rotfl2:

Its going to FLY by! ::yes:: And only 4 months!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I SURE HOPE SO! Once I can book our resort then it'll be REALLY real :thumbsup2

Make sure you wait for the next TeePublic $14 sale! Talk about the danger zone... :P There will DEFINITELY be one before Christmas!

There you go again :rotfl:

:rotfl: Okay I'll just burn my credit card now!
You are a bad influence!
:lmao:

But I like it! :thumbsup2

y7Y3KGJ7l8KbK.gif

:welcome:

Happy to have you!! You're going to be there much sooner than me! You'll have to tell me all about it since it looks like you're going around the same time I plan on going :goodvibes Are you doing a TR?

Thanks! Looking at our countdowns we are exactly a year apart. We even chose the same pictures for our countdown! Yes, I plan to do a trip report. My dd10 likes to go back and read the one I did for our trip two years ago, so I have to do one for this trip.

It'll be interesting to see how much changes in a year. Good luck with the plans!

Thanks! Looking at our countdowns we are exactly a year apart. We even chose the same pictures for our countdown! Yes, I plan to do a trip report. My dd10 likes to go back and read the one I did for our trip two years ago, so I have to do one for this trip.

It'll be interesting to see how much changes in a year. Good luck with the plans!

That's so funny! Great minds and all that ;)
Awesome! I will definitely be keeping an eye out for it...I already started looking through your PTR too!

THank you! I'll be interested to see too! Especially with all the changes happening at HS...and I think one of the Avatar attractions is supposed to be open by the time I go. So that might be cool!

I miss trashy Snookie! I mean, that's great she's a responsible mom and all now but trashy Snookie was hilarious!
pw934BOMSWn4s.gif

I MISS JERSEY SHORE!!! I still quote it, if Jamie is being annoying and I'm going "stoppp!" it tends to develop into (Sammi's accent) "staaahhhp! Rahhhn STAAHHHP!"

I can tell you however, that I purchased a ridiculous amount of custom buttons from Parkbound's Etsy shop :rolleyes:

I have a bunch of these too! :lovestruc

Also, those tees are the bomb-diggity (I believe I picked up this phrase from you :rotfl:)
I love the Straight Outta Disney one :thumbsup2

Hi Veronica!! I too am a single mother and will be taking my DD (Kiya, age 8) to WDW 12/5-12/14/16. This will be our 1st trip with just the two of us!! I booked Pop, but have been looking into renting DVC points for our trip. I am looking forward to following your post!!

I MISS JERSEY SHORE!!! I still quote it, if Jamie is being annoying and I'm going "stoppp!" it tends to develop into (Sammi's accent) "staaahhhp! Rahhhn STAAHHHP!"

hahaha STAAAAAHHHHP RAHHHHN! Still a phrase I use often :rotfl2:

I have a bunch of these too! :lovestruc

Also, those tees are the bomb-diggity (I believe I picked up this phrase from you :rotfl:)
I love the Straight Outta Disney one :thumbsup2

Parkbound buttons are the best!

And yes, I believe I did teach you all about bomb diggity. And you my friend, have given me the gift of ginger nuts :rotfl:(That probably sounds extremely dirty to anyone who doesn't read your TR - GET YOUR MINDS OUT OF THE GUTTER PEOPLE! ;))

Hi Veronica!! I too am a single mother and will be taking my DD (Kiya, age 8) to WDW 12/5-12/14/16. This will be our 1st trip with just the two of us!! I booked Pop, but have been looking into renting DVC points for our trip. I am looking forward to following your post!!

Hi there!! So glad you decided to join in! This is going to be mine and Jacob's first trip just the two of us as well. I'm so excited about it! I would have booked Pop too but got very lucky w/ my parents letting me use their DVC points. I think depending on the time of year you go and where you stay, renting points can be a very cost efficient option! Definitely something to look into!

Sadly I don't have any true updates right now - but in less than a month I will be EXACTLY one year out so that's something! :banana: And then in January I'll be able to book our villa at Beach Club! Yay!

Stay tuned! :goodvibes

Hello to all 5 of you that follow this PTR! ;) :wave2: Hope everyone is doing well!

Nothing major to report but I did change my dates for our trip. Instead of 12/5/16 - 12/13/16 we are now going 12/1/16 - 12/9/16.

Why you ask? For a couple of reasons:
1. This year, Disney is taping the parade in November instead of the first weekend in Dec which they have usually done in years past. And I have a sneaking suspicion they will probably do the same thing next year. I think it's probably because they can't finish putting up all the decorations like the HUGE MK Christmas tree, until after the taping (due to camera equip, etc). It makes sense to film earlier so they can be fully decorated by the time December hits. And that's fine by me!
2. With the new dates, we will leave on a Thursday and depart back to SA the following Friday. This will give us the weekend to rest and recover before having to go back to work/school on Monday.

That being said, I think these new dates work even better! And it pushes my countdown up by a few days and I am not going to complain about that :laughing:

So that means in less than 3 weeks, I will be EXACTLY one year away from our trip!! I am so excited!! Especially considering we started our countdown at almost 550 days :eek:

So my countdown days are as follows:

12/1/15 - 1 year to WDW!!!
1/1/16 - 11 month mark - Make reservation for Beach Club Villas!! :banana::banana:

5/1/16 - 7 month mark - check to see if any studio availability at Bay Lake Towers...still crossing my fingers that there might be a studio available!!

6/4/16 - 180 day mark!!! MAKE ADR'S!!! Woohoo!

10/2/16 - 60 day mark!! Make FP+ reservations!

12/1/16 - LEAVE FOR WDW!! :dancer:

So there you have it! I am hoping the next year goes by very quickly because I am so ready to be back in my happy place!

I am still looking and deciding on ADR's - I only have 7 months to decide, obviously that's not enough time :rotfl::rotfl:

Next update I'll probably talk more about ADR's because my list is ever changing :thumbsup2

2. With the new dates, we will leave on a Thursday and depart back to SA the following Friday. This will give us the weekend to rest and recover before having to go back to work/school on Monday.

This is a good plan because you will likely be crying into your pillow for a couple of days after you get back :thumbsup2

So that means in less than 3 weeks, I will be EXACTLY one year away from our trip!! I am so excited!!

YAY!

1/1/16 - 11 month mark - Make reservation for Beach Club Villas!! :banana::banana:

5/1/16 - 7 month mark - check to see if any studio availability at Bay Lake Towers...still crossing my fingers that there might be a studio available!!

Omg whichever one of these you get will make me insanely jealous! :love:

Next update I'll probably talk more about ADR's because my list is ever changing :thumbsup2

Yes please, my favourite subject! Excited to hear which ADRs you're planning :goodvibes

This is a good plan because you will likely be crying into your pillow for a couple of days after you get back :thumbsup2

This is a very valid point :rotfl:
Omg whichever one of these you get will make me insanely jealous! :love:

I will be honestly be happy with either one...I have always loved BCV but it would be so fun & exciting to stay at BLT because I've never stayed there before AND I love that it's on the monorail!

Yes please, my favourite subject! Excited to hear which ADRs you're planning :goodvibes

Gonna post my updated (but still tentative ;)) ADR list later today! :thumbsup2

WE ARE OFFICIALLY ONE YEAR AWAY FROM OUR DISNEY TRIP!! Woohoo!!! pixiedust:pixiedust::dancer:

365tilldisney.jpg
365tilldisney.jpg

So excited to officially be one year away from our trip! Considering I started counting down at 570 days, being at 365 is very exciting!

And on that note, here is a very tentative list of ADR's for our trip. I ONLY have SIX months to officially decide what I want ;)
Dec 1st, 2016 – Arrival Day

Breakfast at airport

Lunch – CS or snack at BCV

Dinner – Hoop Dee Doo Revue – Tier 1 – second showing (pay OOP)

Dec 2nd 2016

Breakfast – eat in room/CS (pay OOP)

Lunch – Be Our Guest (1 CS credit)

Dinner – Grand Floridian Café or Chef Mickey’s (1 TS credit each)

Dec 3rd 2016

Breakfast – CS @ resort (pay OOP)

Lunch – Via Napoli (Candlelight Processional Package) – 2 TS credits

Dinner – CS @ EPCOT (1 CS credit each)

Dec 4th 2016

Breakfast – CS @ resort (pay OOP)

Lunch – Yak & Yeti or Flame Tree BBQ (pay OOP)

Dinner – CS @ whatever park we are at (1 CS credit each)

Dec 5th 2016

Breakfast – Crystal Palace (1 TS credit each)

Lunch – CS @ Magic Kingdom (1 CS each)

Dinner – Pay OOP/snacks (possible MVMCP night)

Dec 6th 2016

Breakfast – CS (pay OOP)

Lunch – CS @ HS (1 CS credit each) or hop to EPCOT for CS there

Dinner – Minnie’s Holiday Dine /Fantasmic Package (2 TS credits)

Dec 7th 2016

Breakfast – Garden Grill @ EPCOT (1 TS credit each)

Lunch – CS at EPCOT (1 CS credit each)

Dinner – Beaches and Cream @ BC (pay OOP)

Dec 8th 2016

Breakfast – Ohanas Stitch and Friends Breakfast (1 CS each)

Lunch – Wolfgang Puck Express (1 CS each)

Dinner – Liberty Tree Tavern (1 TS each)

Dec 9th 2016 – Departure Day

Breakfast @ resort (pay OOP)

Use up any remaining snack credits @ gift shop

There are so many awesome places to eat at WDW so narrowing it down is HARD! I am happy with this list but it's definitely libel to change:rotfl:

I am thinking of doing a signature, in particular The Boathouse. My parents ate there in November and loved it! But I may pay OOP and just eat an appetizer rather than using the DDP for it. Still thinking about it!

On January 1st I can book our reservation at Beach Club! It's getting real now!! :banana::banana:

Hello all!! And by all I mean...me...since I don't know if anyone actually reads this :rotfl: I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas and New Years! I took 2 weeks of vacation from work and it was MARVELOUS. I hadn't taken any real time off in almost a year and a half so it was much needed!!
quick update to say...we are officially booked for our trip!! :banana::banana:

I booked a deluxe studio at Beach Club Villas for December 1st - 9th, 2016.

I am still planning on checking availability for Bay Lake Towers at the 7 month mark but if there's nothing available I will be very happy with Beach Club :goodvibes

It's so awesome to be able to log into MDE and see our reservation for BCV! It makes it feel so much more real!

In other news, my boyfriend MIGHT be able to come with us for a few days of the trip. He is a teacher which makes it very difficult for him to take any time off outside of their regular vacation. But since this trip was planned since before he and I started dating again I wasn't willing to change my dates. I adore him but I am not willing to brave Christmas week crowds for him :scared:
But he may be able to take a long weekend and come for the first 3-4 days of the trip with us. We'll see! If not, I guess I will just have to plan another trip where he can be there the whole time ;)

Other than that...not much more to talk about right now. I am excited to look at my countdown and see that our trip is only 10 months away! So full on planning mode is definitely underway. Don't you just love planning for WDW? It's the best! :thumbsup2

Planning for a Disney trip is definitely my happy zone. :D Sometimes I feel like I almost love the planning more than the actual vacation. :P

Planning for a Disney trip is definitely my happy zone. :D Sometimes I feel like I almost love the planning more than the actual vacation. :P

Same here! Planning out ADR's, looking at menus, decided park days and FP's...that is our idea of a good time! Now if only we could get our boyfriends on board with this! ;)

It's booked!!:jumping1::jumping1:

Yes!! I am so excited!! I have my reservation linked to MDE already and I love randomly logging in and seeing it...makes me so happy!

WE ARE OFFICIALLY ONE YEAR AWAY FROM OUR DISNEY TRIP!! Woohoo!!! pixiedust:pixiedust::dancer:

And counting! :woohoo:

Dinner – Hoop Dee Doo Revue – Tier 1 – second showing (pay OOP)

I want to do this on our next trip, but I've never done it before! Have you? I have no idea whether we'll like it or not, but I saw some photos of the food and it made me salivate!!

Lunch – Be Our Guest (1 CS credit)

Yay

Lunch – Via Napoli (Candlelight Processional Package) – 2 TS credits

Yay

Breakfast – Crystal Palace (1 TS credit each)

Yay

Your ADRs look sweeeeet :goodvibes

quick update to say...we are officially booked for our trip!! :banana::banana:

I booked a deluxe studio at Beach Club Villas for December 1st - 9th, 2016.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

In other news, my boyfriend MIGHT be able to come with us for a few days of the trip. He is a teacher which makes it very difficult for him to take any time off outside of their regular vacation. But since this trip was planned since before he and I started dating again I wasn't willing to change my dates. I adore him but I am not willing to brave Christmas week crowds for him :scared:
But he may be able to take a long weekend and come for the first 3-4 days of the trip with us. We'll see! If not, I guess I will just have to plan another trip where he can be there the whole time ;)

Ooooooh he has the "boyfriend" label!! Go you! :thumbsup2 That would be really nice if he could join you, I hope he's a Disney fan and you don't have to drag him around!
And you are correct, no man is worth Christmas crowds :sad2: :laughing:

And counting! :woohoo:

I am at 10 months now!! I like to randomly log into MDE just to see my reservation for BCV :rotfl:

I want to do this on our next trip, but I've never done it before! Have you? I have no idea whether we'll like it or not, but I saw some photos of the food and it made me salivate!!

YES DO IT! Seriously...Hoop Dee Doo is a family tradition. I have seen it on every single trip since we first went when I was 4.
It's the BEST! I cannot do a trip to WDW without doing HDDR. It's hilarious, cheesy fun and the food is amazing!

Your ADRs look sweeeeet :goodvibes

I've already changed some stuff since I posted that too :rotfl2:Luckily I still have time before I finalize it ;)

Ooooooh he has the "boyfriend" label!! Go you! :thumbsup2 That would be really nice if he could join you, I hope he's a Disney fan and you don't have to drag him around!
And you are correct, no man is worth Christmas crowds :sad2: :laughing:

Yes, he has the boyfriend label! He's pretty amazing! I am very happy :love:
But yes, no way I'd do Christmas week for him as wonderful as he is :rotfl:

UPDATE -
Boyfriend is coming with us! Yay!
He won't be able to stay the whole trip but...he will leave with us on Thursday 12/01 and then fly back that Sunday 12/04 in the evening while Jacob and I will stay through the end of the week until Friday.

Of COURSE I have already re-worked my plans several times.
Which is pointless since park hours aren't out yet so I'll probably end up having to change everything anyway!
So here's how our ADR's look currently for anyone that cares. Not sure if boyfriend will be using the dining plan or not...still have to work out the details on that. I usually don't do a park on arrival day but since John will only be there a few days I want him to have as much park time as possible.
So day 1 we would go to EPCOT since it's right there by Beach Club.
Day 2 - Magic Kingdom
Day 3 - split day: HS in the morning & DAK in the afternoon/early evening
Day 4 - morning at World Showcase/EPCOT - John leaves in the afternoon
Day 5 - TBD
Day 6 - TBD
Day 7 - TBD
Day 8 - TBD
Day 9 - DEPARTURE DAY
One of those days I want to do MVMCP with Jacob...it's hard to plan anything without knowing park hours and what days the parties are gonna be, etc. We'll get there!

Anyway, onto ADR plans. Again, totally tentative as it's impossible for someone with OCDD (obsessive compulsive disney disorder) to not plan ahead but pointless as park hours aren't out:

Day 1:
Breakfast - airport
Lunch - counter service in EPCOT
Dinner - Garden Grill

Day 2:
Breakfast - Crystal Palace (hoping for a pre-park opening ADR)
Lunch - Be Our Guest
Dinner - Hoop Dee Doo (Tier 1)

Day 3:
Breakfast - snacks or eat in room

Lunch - Sci Fi Dine in
Dinner - Yak & Yeti or possibly Boma

Day 4:
Breakfast - counter service at resort
Lunch - Via Napoli (John leaves this afternoon)
Dinner - counter service at EPCOT or HS

Day 5: (I would like to note that I have this in Excel as "Disney Springs and chill" :rotfl:)
Breakfast - eat in room
Lunch - Morimoto or The Boathouse (haven't decided yet)
**MUST HAVE A DRINK AT JOCK LINDSAY'S HANGAR BAR**
Dinner - counter service at MK...hoping to do MVMCP this night but we'll see how the schedule works out

Day 6:
Breakfast - snacks or eat in the room
Lunch - Flame Tree or Pizzafari
Dinner - Minnie's Holiday Dine (if they are still doing this & it seems like they will)

Day 7 -
Breakfast - Cape May (easy since it's at our resort)
Lunch - Rose & Crown (probably as part of the Candlelight Processional Package)
Dinner - snack around the world at world showcase

Day 8 - (Last full day :sad:)
Breakfast - 'Ohana breakfast with Stitch and Friends
Lunch - counter service @MK
Dinner - counter service @ MK

Aaaaaaaaand that's all for now folks! All two of you ;) :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter