Christmas Tree in your resort room

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jbethke, Aug 7, 2002.

1. jbethke

jbethke Earning My Ears

I read in my Disney Magazine that you can have a fully decorated tree set up in your room for your length of stay at the resort and even have that tree with all the ornaments delivered to your home when you leave

Has anyone done this? What are the trees like? What is the cost? What kid of ornaments, I would assume Disney Character ones correct?

Any information would be appreciated

:earsgirl: :earsgirl:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Disneydenise

Disneydenise DIS Veteran

Janet2K had a tree in her room at the AKL last year. I would PM or Email her. She will know all about it. She had Pictures on her photo site but I didn't keep it. At the AKL it was decorated with animals and an african theme. It was very cute.

4. moosebug

moosebug Disney Bound in December. Loves ladybugs. Marrie

That sounds cool! Info please!!!

5. MickMan

MickMan DIS Veteran

I had called about the Christmas tree in your room and I was told it is a 3ft tree decorated with Disney ornaments. It cost $200.00 and you do get a box to send it home if you wish.

Kind of spendy for me.:rolleyes:

6. swclark

swclark Mouseketeer

who did you call? I am assuming the tree is fake, if you can box it up and send it home.. so you will be able to have the tree year after year. Did they say what the shipping charge was (or is that included in the $200)?

Might be a nice surprise to do and not tell anyone in the family.. if we can swing the $$. I might be more willing to do it, if it is a tree that I can use at home forever :)

7. swclark

swclark Mouseketeer

sorry.. forgot 1 question.. is it available for all hotels? even moderates (I noticed that AKL was mentioned before)

8. Disneydenise

Disneydenise DIS Veteran

I think you call the Disney Florist. Hey, I'll decorate on and ship down for you. I am very artisitic and love to decorate for Christmas. :) ;)

9. jbethke

jbethke Earning My Ears

I called CR and the person I talked to did not know anything about being able to get a Christmas tree in your room, she tried to call AKL to see if they could give her information but the line was busy, so I plan on calling back later.

The Disney magazine it did not specfiy that it was only for specific hotels, so I believe it is available to all.

If the tree cost $200 and it includes all the ornaments, I don't think that is a bad price. I am going to send a message to Janet2K to see if she can't provide us with more information

10. Dis-knee

Dis-knee Guest

I would love to learn more about this. We will be staying at the CR Nov29- Dec 7. I would love to have a Disney Christmas tree!!

11. moosebug

moosebug Disney Bound in December. Loves ladybugs. Marrie

Wow 200 for a christmas tree?!? Let's see how many Disney trees could I make and sell to pay for my vacation...
    Christmas Trees by moosebug email me for orders...;)

12. LvsTnk

LvsTnk Disney Crazy

The Christmas tree is available to anyone on property through WDW Florist. Yes, the cost is $200 for a 3ft. fully decorated tree and I don't think that included the shipping to send it home. They used to offer a 5ft. tree for $500. I also think that Janet 2k's tree in the AKL suite she had was in the room, but I am sure she will be here soon to reply. I opted to buy an inexpensive small 5ft. tree and ship it down ahead of time last year and might do the same this year. WDW Florist will know more what will be available as Christmas gets closer. Laurie :D

13. swclark

swclark Mouseketeer

where would I find the phone # for wdw florist? It is listed somewhere? thanks for the info!

14. dbond

dbond <font color=red>You're a little piece of heaven<br

Florist–WDW 1–407–827–3505

Here's the phone # for WDW florist. Let us know what you find out:D

15. jbethke

jbethke Earning My Ears

Here is the information:

They have 3ft ($200) and 5 ft ($500) trees. The trees come all decorated in Disney themes (to be determined).

The tree is sent to the resort in the box, the resort will set up the tree for you. When you are ready to check out you need to pack the tree back in the box and she suggested to pack the ornaments in a different box because some are fragile.

They will also have several other Christmas decorations available at that time (yet to be determined). Should call back in November to find out what those will be, example she gave was a tabletop tree, and a Christmas wreath.

Shipping back home is not included in the cost, she indicated that for gifts over $100 the cost is around $8.95, she thought.
    :Pinkbounc :bounce:

16. ozziewags

ozziewags <font color=FF66FF>I'm a believer!!<br><font color

Thanks for the info, as I wanted it also. Does anyone know if the WDW florist will send it to the Swan?

Carol

17. LvsTnk

LvsTnk Disney Crazy

Yes, but as with all things Disney you will find out when you call. Last year they had decided not to offer the 5ft. tree as well. Laurie :D

18. GEM

GEM Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder

We took our own tree last year and will do the same again this year. I just got a really small tree for about $20 at Wal-Mart and packed it in the trunk. It probably stood about three feet tall. We put it on the table in our room at the Wilderness Lodge. We drove down, so that made taking our own easier. However, it probably would be pretty cheap to have a box that sized shipped to your resort if you are flying. We took a few of our Disney ornaments from home, some lights and garland, and we bought some new ornaments at the Christmas store after we got there. It was WAY cheaper than the option the WDW florist offered.

19. swclark

swclark Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for calling and posting the information (the florist will probably be grateful, too) :)

20. Gail T AGAIN

Gail T AGAIN <font color=teal>Slightly computer challenged<br><

That is mucho $$$$$$$ for a 3 ft Christmas tree and even more for a 5 ft tree.......I think that is something for the rich and the famous. :D

21. Purrrrfecta

Purrrrfecta <font color=blue>A little cat named Lorelei. She i

Wow! 500 dollars for a 5ft tree!

I was thinking I could by a tree with the lights already on them (even if I purchased it from a catalog) send it down to Disney, purchase ornaments, and it would not cost anywhere near $500.

Maybe you are paying for the labour since they are setting it up?