Christmas Lights on the balcony

doylehd

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if you are allowed to hang Christmas lights on your outside balcony?

TIA,
Heather

ElizabethB said:
Everybody does it anyway.

We never leave things on the balcony unless we are in the room and even then we peg them. Anything blown overboard could harm sea life and you can never predict when the wind is going to gust out at sea.

If you put things out there, the stateroom host will remove them and leave a note regarding the rules in your room. They are also concerned with how the ship's appearance on the outside.

No, DCL does not permit anything to be hung or left out on the verandahs.

The other problem is that they power wash the ships at certain times, usually while in port. Anything left out on a verandah may not withstand a wash.

No, DCL does not permit anything to be hung or left out on the verandahs.

The other problem is that they power wash the ships at certain times, usually while in port. Anything left out on a verandah may not withstand a wash.[/QUOTE]

:offtopic: Ah yes, the power washer. My niece left her stroller on the verandah (non-Disney cruise) not realizing the ship would be power-washed when we returned to port on disembarkation day. The stroller was too wet to use it when she needed it most.

If you put things out there, the stateroom host will remove them and leave a note regarding the rules in your room. They are also concerned with how the ship's appearance on the outside.
Another concern is the potential fire hazard if someone throws a lit cigarette butt off the ship and it lands on someone's balcony. News link

Woody

I can see the reasoning for lights, and things hanging... But I never saw that you weren't supposed to put anything... We kept our stroller out there when not in use, folded up, along the side wall.

According to DCL you are not supposed to leave anything outside on the balcony if you are not out there yourself, including strollers.

Who exactly were you planning on seeing the lights? The ship is out at sea during times when the lights would be on. Also, as everyone else as said, you can't (shouldn't) do it.

We never leave things on the balcony unless we are in the room and even then we peg them. Anything blown overboard could harm sea life and you can never predict when the wind is going to gust out at sea.

Very good point!

TDC Nala said:
According to DCL you are not supposed to leave anything outside on the balcony if you are not out there yourself, including strollers.

Good to know., thanks! Our room attendant never said anything, and we didn't know.

Thanks for the info and replies! I have seen it done in the past which why I asked. Doesn't mean I plan on doing it or disobeying ship's rules. I was just curious.

Heather

Who exactly were you planning on seeing the lights? The ship is out at sea during times when the lights would be on. Also, as everyone else as said, you can't (shouldn't) do it.

I would see them from inside the cabin. I read that I can bring battery operated lights, and I plan to hang them inside the porthole or on the veranda door, depending on which cabin we get.

Nancy

Yeah I was going to plan to hang them in our porthole. They are battery operated. Since we can't hang them on our door as decoration, the porthole is the next best thing! :thumbsup2

Yeah I was going to plan to hang them in our porthole. They are battery operated. Since we can't hang them on our door as decoration, the porthole is the next best thing! :thumbsup2

Are you allowed to use tape on the inside of the port holes, or would that peel off the paint? Wondering what would be safe to use. I'm assuming you can put tape on the glass, or would the stateroom host remove that?

Pretty sure you are not permitted to use tape or adhesive on the walls or frames. I know they prohibit using it on the doors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter