Christmas gifts for a 2 year old?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by sherry7, Oct 14, 2012.

1. shortbun

shortbun <font color=green>Peacenik<br><font color=purple><

When my son was 2.5, he received a ton of gifts that Santa found at the thrift store. I painted, sterilized, repaired and polished a whole kitchen, big plastic climber that went outside in the spring but lived in our living room for the winter, set of cleaning equipment(vacuum, mop, broom, dust pan), some Disney stuff. There was more, it's just been 15 years. I spent less than $50. A few years later, we talked him into asking for an "old bike that needs some repairing", lol! He and his dad had a great time working on that bike! Seriously, a two year old doesn't need an IPAD or regular use of one. Give them some boxes, sticks and balls. Let them use their imagination.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Shelly888

Shelly888 DIS Veteran

Some of Liam's favorites include his various Mr. & Mrs. Potato Heads, puzzles, Thomas the tank trains and tracks, and the Rescue Bots(Transformers that are basically one touch transformation).

4. CandleontheWater

CandleontheWater Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

What about a kid trampoline? Not one of the large backyard ones, but one like this

Or what about an inflatable ball pit?

DS loves both of those things, and they are great for the winter, when its it tough to get outside and burn off energy otherwise.

5. shortbun

shortbun <font color=green>Peacenik<br><font color=purple><

When my son was 2, I got most of his gifts at the Thrift Store. I cleaned and repaired them. I found him a kitchen, lots of rescue heroes, a tricycle and other things I can not remember because it was 15 years ago. They grow out of those things so fast, it's a shame to spend money on crazy stuff. I found him a huge backyard climber but set it up in the front room for Christmas morning-it stayed there for three months. He sold it to our neighbors 8 years later so he had money for a video game, lol. This year and next, the thrift store is your friend. Start looking now.
    O good grief! This is an old thread. Oh well.