Christmas dilemma- One day.. Which park??!!!

andrews1ma

Mouseketeer
So I convinced my husband to do one day in the parks after our cruise - we will be able to do one park on 12/28. I've never been at Christmas time so I am beyond excited!!We have a hopper (had one day left on our non-expiry to)!but my husband and teenage son are not keen on hopping. I'm not going to push it either I'm just happy I get one day and can cross this off my bucket list!!
Here's the situation- I really want to see the lights at HS but also the Xmas fireworks at MK.
Fireworks are listed for 8pm at MK, park open until midnight, HS only open until 8pm. There would be no way to see the lights and make it back to MK.
My thought is to just to MK but I will be so sad missing the lights.
Any advice ??

JMHO - But, we were there for the holidays last year for the first time and the 2 single favorite holiday things of everyone in our party were #1 - The Osborne Lights and #2 The Candlelight Processional
The fireworks were good, but no more so than regular wishes (in our opinion). I would find a way to see the lights.

You must go see the lights at HS. Don't they go on as soon as it gets dark? You should be able to get to the Mk to see the fireworks if you wish.

Being immersed in those lights with the christmas music playing in the background is one the best things you'll ever see at WDW. It's really spectacular. Given the choice to see twenty minutes of fireworks or a few hours of those lights, hands down the lights. MK is open till midnight so you could still make it. It's going to be packed :crowded: at both parks so be prepared for that.

We've only been once for the Christmas season, but I agree with PPs...the lights were SO awesome; I'd choose them over the fireworks if I had to pick. But IIRC the lights will start at 6, so I think you could do both.

Thanks all- its going to be arough day but the plan is start at MK, head over to HS after the parade, see the lights, head back to MK later at night to see MK lit up for the holidays since its open until Midnight on the 28th. My DS and DH are not going to be fans but they will get over it.

If you're husband and son don't want to go, leave them at the MK and you go to HS to see the lights and meet back up with them later! Problem solved!

Will you have a car or be using disney transportation? I was going to suggest taking a cab between HS and Contemporary hotel (you can walk from Contemp to MK quicker than transporting from TTC) cabbing might save some serious hopping time!

Just pace yourself throughout the day. Osborne lights is great and will come on around 6 PM as PP stated. There are also some great places to watch the fireworks outside of MK which might be a nice option. It will be very crowded so anticipate and plan accordingly. Pick a handful of things you really want to do and then figure anything else is a bonus. Help manage DH and DS expectations - snacks / treat breaks go a long way towards halting crankiness as the day wears on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter