Christmas decorations

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Swirly girls, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Swirly girls

Swirly girls Mouseketeer

When do Christmas decorations go up at Grand Floridian?
    When does Mickeys very merry Christmas start at MK?
    We are planning our trip for next November, and would like to know what the dates will be for that time.... Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

MK decorations start right after Halloween, when MNSHCP ends.

GF takes some time, because they are the most elaborate.

Everything is guaranteed to be done by the Saturday after T-giving. Anything else is subject to scheduling by Disney. You could go to bed at night and get up the next morning and the decorations are up.

It is easiest to work at night.

4. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

The first Christmas party this year was on Friday, Nov. 9th. I don't know if they will be starting that early next year.

Osborne Lights also started on Nov. 9th this year.

The Magic Kingdom was decorated by the Nov. 9th party with the exception of the big tree which won't go up until after the parade taping in December.

The holiday decor was up at Animal Kingdom by Nov. 10th which was the day I was in AK.
    The Holiday decor was up in Hollywood Studios by Nov. 11th which was the day I was there.
    I'm sure it was put up a few days prior to those - I just don't know which date.

I'm not sure about the resort decorations.

Happy planning!

5. matheke

matheke DIS Veteran

Ah yes the new bridge party for early November. The cross between the MNSSHP and MVMCP. Mickey's Not So Halloweenish Christmas Party.:thumbsup2

Sorry I just couldn't resist.