Christmas Decorations - Which Resort is Best?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mthds, Nov 18, 2012.

1. mthds

mthds Mouseketeer

We will be going to Tampa to visit family for Thanksgiving. Wednesday, our travel day, we hope to arrive at Downtown Disney by lunch time. If possible we want to catch one of the buses to visit a resort(s) to look at Christmas Decorations before we travel on to Tampa.

If limited on time which resorts would you recommend? Was thinking Wilderness Lodge then taking the boat over to the Contemporary. Then we could take the monorail and stop off at resorts on the monorail route. Any input would be great.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. artnerds

artnerds Mouseketeer

Definitely take the monorail around to the Grand Floridian. The decorations are beautiful there for x.mas.

4. amcooper

amcooper WorldTraveler

My favorites in this order are Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom lodge. They all have beautifully decorated lobbies. Grand Floridian wins for me because of the life size gingerbread house.

5. artnerds

artnerds Mouseketeer

yes!!!!!! :)

6. DemoBri1

DemoBri1 Surfin' at the Beach Club Villas

I'd have to give it to WL. GF is a close second and AK is third. Also try to see the BC lobby with the chocolate carousel.

7. Epcotgal

Epcotgal Guest

GF, WL, BC, and BWI are the best in my opinion.

8. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

WL is our favorite during the holidays, with the GF, BC, YC, & BWI running a close second. But if you're short on time, I think your idea is a good one. Start at the WL, take the boat to the CR and then hop on the monorail to visit the Poly and GF :santa:.

9. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

The quickest would be to take whichever bus comes first for WL, Poly, GF, or CR.

You can either take the boat from WL over to MK and walk up to the monorail and take the monorail loop all the way around to each of those.

Or you can take the monorail loop around the three resorts and then the boat over to WL.

Then take the bus back to DTD from any resort when you are completed.

10. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

While visiting CR and WL,I would also "work in" Fort Wilderness.:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. sleepydog25

sleepydog25 Been here awhile

WL, GF, then FW. That latter often gets overlooked, but as you can tell by the photos above, quite a few of the RVers take great pains to put up really fun displays during the holiday season. However, if you're limited by time as you seem to be, I'd go to WL, boat to the CR, then monorail to GF before taking a bus back to DD.

12. litlkar

litlkar Mouseketeer

I like them all. GF WL POLY. We stayed at BVC the past 2 years during the holidays, & I must say the BC lobby smells fantastic!!! & the chocolate carousel is beautiful!! that is my opinion. You can't go wrong with any of them, they are all beautiful in their own way.:thumbsup2

13. mthds

mthds Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the responses. I think we need to plan a whole vacation just around resort hoping for Christmas decorations! But even 6 hours of Disney is better than driving right past it and not stopping for any magic!