Christmas Decoration Video

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by Tri-circle-D, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Tri-circle-D

Tri-circle-D <font color=peach>Throwing some love to TCD<br><fo

We have heard reports here of a spectacular light show set up on the 500 loop.

I found this video on You Tube: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vZpzL4FwymU

This must be the site that folks have been raving about.

Outstanding Job!

TCD

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ynottony99

ynottony99 Ask me about the Mickey Waffles!!!!!!!

So is that castle something homemade, or is it something they bought?

4. We4mickey

We4mickey Cast Member

I was wondering the same thing. Where does the castle come from? Is it a picture?

5. LONE-STAR

LONE-STAR <font color=green>1000 miles to far from Disney<br

WOW that was awesome! That was not there when we where there.

6. mdoc

mdoc DIS Veteran

That is amazing! I wish it had been there when we were at the Fort over T'giving. I'm sure the video doesn't do it justice.

7. Shan-man

Shan-man ¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH

IIRC the display went up on the 10th, and I am reasonably sure Dave will be there through Christmas (doubtless he has aspirations of winning the site decoration contest).

The castle was homemade. It is an illustration that he had enlarged and printed, then mounted it. The lights are mounted from the back and drilled through. The miniature christmas trees and snowflakes are store bought. He was using 3 Light-o-Rama controllers (each with 16 channels) and had outdoor 'rock' speakers for the audio. I suspect he was using a wireless computer interface as I didn't see a computer nearby. There was a river of extension cables from the controllers to the display. The speaking snowflakes, where the brightness ramped up and down along with the speaker's volume, was my favorite part and was very effective (and reminds me of It's a Wonderful Life). The whole display was really impressive, looking and technically!

And, no, the video doesn't do it justice... hopefully some one will record it using a tripod for maximum effect.

8. djblu883

djblu883 DIS Veteran

Dave said he was a wedding photographer by trade and had taken many photos of the castle as part of his work to use for the display. It was awesome and got lots of attention by passersby and word of mouth....I thought it was one of the best....some of the ones there were wayyyyyyyyyy over the top and over done. We( our family) thought it was perfect!!!!

9. des1954

des1954 DIS Veteran

10. swandiverpatt

swandiverpatt DIS Veteran

We went there for lunch at Ft. Wilderness on Wednesday and Dave and the display had already left (not that it would have been neat to see during the daylight hours). I told my coworkers I bet it was on Youtube and we found it! Amazing!!