Christmas Day, any ideas?

CAROLINE4

Mouseketeer
The title says it all really. In 2012 we had Christmas dinner in cinderellas castle and it was the best Xmas day ever!
We are returning this Xmas and I'd like to plan something as wonderful. We are a family of 6. Ds15 ds 12 ds 8 dd 5.

Can anyone offer something special and memorable to do?

We went to Discovery Cove for our Christmas Day as it has guaranteed crowd control and it was the kid's first dolphin swim so that was their surprise present. We then had a really fun dinner at the 1900 Park Fare after listening to the band in the Grand Floridian lobby.

We went to Discovery Cove for our Christmas Day as it has guaranteed crowd control and it was the kid's first dolphin swim so that was their surprise present. We then had a really fun dinner at the 1900 Park Fare after listening to the band in the Grand Floridian lobby.
That sounds like an amazing day and something we would really love as we have never swam with dolphins!!

Shamu Christmas miracles -carol singing while you wait for the show they also had the polar express. My boys enjoyed the changed where before we spent Christmas Day in Magic kingdom x2

Shamu Christmas miracles -carol singing while you wait for the show they also had the polar express. My boys enjoyed the changed where before we spent Christmas Day in Magic kingdom x2

This sounds lovely! we were all set on Discovery cove until i read the small print and under 6's cant swim! our dd will still be 5! :sad1:

Have a look a gaylordpalms hotel (Info below) - this is the most xmassy place we have found (10 visits over xmass)- Also check to see if celebration still does "snow" in its main street over the xmass time. Busch also does some xmas town thing but I have never been so no idea if its good. We usually avoid a park this day.

Gaylordpalms it's the best place we have found for xmas day.

They have 3 different restaurants to choose from-
1- steak house - very expensive
2. buffet- (main xmas one - had band playing)
3. boat one - google images to see what I mean- we went here as we booked last minute and this was all we could get - food just OK setting nice and unusual.

The whole day was very xmasy outlined below

Am - arrived - 1.xmas treasure hunt for children
2. Carol singers doing a concert
3. Ice skating

Lunch

PM- 1.ICE display - great booked on line in advance- google images ICE at gaylords for an idea of what it is like
2. Wondered about looking at the crocodiles etc
3. Ice cream parlor then shops

Evening

Massive Christmas rock concert (carols songs- but rocked up) this included drummers suspended from the atrium ceiling.

Most activities listed above were free apart from ICE and the ice skating.

On our way back to our condo - we stopped off at celebration to see the "snow"

This was a very good way to do/feel Xmasy out in Florida.

Have a look a gaylordpalms hotel (Info below) - this is the most xmassy place we have found (10 visits over xmass)- Also check to see if celebration still does "snow" in its main street over the xmass time. Busch also does some xmas town thing but I have never been so no idea if its good. We usually avoid a park this day.

Gaylordpalms it's the best place we have found for xmas day.

They have 3 different restaurants to choose from-
1- steak house - very expensive
2. buffet- (main xmas one - had band playing)
3. boat one - google images to see what I mean- we went here as we booked last minute and this was all we could get - food just OK setting nice and unusual.

The whole day was very xmasy outlined below

Am - arrived - 1.xmas treasure hunt for children
2. Carol singers doing a concert
3. Ice skating

Lunch

PM- 1.ICE display - great booked on line in advance- google images ICE at gaylords for an idea of what it is like
2. Wondered about looking at the crocodiles etc
3. Ice cream parlor then shops

Evening

Massive Christmas rock concert (carols songs- but rocked up) this included drummers suspended from the atrium ceiling.

Most activities listed above were free apart from ICE and the ice skating.

On our way back to our condo - we stopped off at celebration to see the "snow"

This was a very good way to do/feel Xmasy out in Florida.
i love your Christmas suggestion! we went xmas 2012 and went to celebration as well has Cinderella's castle. Your day sounds like something my boys (and husband) would LOVE! THANK YOU! So you stayed at gaylords nearly all day? can you park in there free?

yes we stayed there all day - not sure about the parking but I think it was free due to the lunch booking ref we had. ICE was amazing as was the carol rock show. But it was 6 years ago (can't believe that, it seems like yesterday) so best check that they still do all the stuff they used to

yes we stayed there all day - not sure about the parking but I think it was free due to the lunch booking ref we had. ICE was amazing as was the carol rock show. But it was 6 years ago (can't believe that, it seems like yesterday) so best check that they still do all the stuff they used to
Thank you, i will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter