Christmas cruise or NYE cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Princess Giselle, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Princess Giselle

Princess Giselle Princess Giselle

I'm planning for the 2013 Holiday cruise on the Dream. Which would be better Christmas cruise or NYE cruise? What would be the difference?
    Any suggestions?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

IMO, I think they would be equally crowded and expensive. A lot of people cruise on those dates.

I'm not sure there's a whole lot of difference between the two cruises. The NYE one would have a NYE party.

:cutie:

4. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

If you do NYE you could open your Christmas prezzies at home and not have to worry about hiding them in your luggage. (If you fly, TSA doesn't like any wrapped gifts.)

5. stsomewhere

stsomewhere DIS Veteran

We were looking at those cruises. They were too expensive. We just booked a 10 night southern on NCL. 12/22-1/1. It was $4000 for the four of us, we are looking forward to the ports. St. Rt Thomas, st. Lucia, st marten, Dominica, and barbados.

We will be getting our DCL fix in march. Could not justify the cost for Christmas.

6. KBT35

KBT35 Mouseketeer

Holiday cruises are definitely ones you want to book as early as possible for the best price. I booked our NYE cruise 8 months ago and used our dummy ressie from our May cruise. As for Christmas gifts this is THE GIFT! :thumbsup2

7. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

I would like to book a Dec 2014 NYE cruise. That way I can be home for Christmas with the extended family but still get a DCL winter break vacation while DS is out of school.