Christmas cruise: Carrots for reindeer?

Runner5

Earning My Ears
We are sailing on merrytime Christmas cruise on Christmas. We board Christmas Eve. I know we can order cookies and milk to leave out for Santa, but does anyone know if we can also order carrots from room service to leave for the reindeer? Or are there reindeer appropriate snacks in cabanas we could get to leave out?

Carrots are not on the menu, but you could ask! Otherwise you could take something from cabanas - if nothing else, maybe some crackers?!
Ha- they better stock up on milk and cookies for that sailing! I'm picturing room service bringing hundreds of milk and cookie plates to all the cabins for Santa!

You could make your own reindeer food at home and bring it with you, or buy some and bring it with you. Buying it before hand it would come in sealed container.

Last edited:

Hmm... don't reindeer like sugar cubes? Surely there's a sugar cube somewhere on the ship? If not, what about a little bowl of water, reminding the kids that there are plenty of stops on the way and Santa stocks up on reindeer food on land.

Hmm... don't reindeer like sugar cubes? Surely there's a sugar cube somewhere on the ship? If not, what about a little bowl of water, reminding the kids that there are plenty of stops on the way and Santa stocks up on reindeer food on land.
Not sure I've seen sugar cubes onboard. Only the sugar packets:
fantasy 2014 cabanas sugar 20036 P1030178 1500.jpg

Grab some carrot sticks from the bar snacks in the evening.

I hadn't thought of apples. I guess there should be apples or something at the buffet?
We usually make a little reindeer food (oats + sprinkles so they can see it from the sky) then kiddo lays out carrots in the "parking" spots of where the reindeer will be. Maybe we'll tell him we should leave them up on top deck where the sleigh will land. Our veranda is too small to land a sleigh :)

Also, I've heard people bring their own sprinkles from home for the ice cream toppings. @PrincessShmoo - do you know if the sprinkles are allowed, as they'd probably be an open container.

Also, I've heard people bring their own sprinkles from home for the ice cream toppings. @PrincessShmoo - do you know if the sprinkles are allowed, as they'd probably be an open container.
You can buy sprinkles in a sealed package from the manufacturer. You can carry that around with you, or then transfer them to a smallbag to carry with you when you go to the icecream station. The rule is you can't bring OPEN containers or packages. But obviously you have to open it once on board. So they would allow a sealed sprinkle jar, but not one that has been opened and used previously.

Attachments

• 13147001.jpg
    13147001.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
They also love apples.

I hadn't thought of apples. I guess there should be apples or something at the buffet?
We usually make a little reindeer food (oats + sprinkles so they can see it from the sky) then kiddo lays out carrots in the "parking" spots of where the reindeer will be. Maybe we'll tell him we should leave them up on top deck where the sleigh will land. Our veranda is too small to land a sleigh :)

My mother in law raises reindeer and does xmas displays every December at various places around town. Their absolute favorite treat is lichen, but a close second is apples. Whenever anyone asks if they can give them something thats our go to because they will always munch them right away. ;)

Thank you everyone. You all rock! I guess we can get an apple and then grab a few sugar packets. Im sure kiddo will reason out the best way to feed the reindeer and have some logical food they would like because they are flying over water (in hawaii he likes to leave pineapple out for them). Gotta take care of the reindeer!

My mother in law raises reindeer and does xmas displays every December at various places around town. Their absolute favorite treat is lichen, but a close second is apples. Whenever anyone asks if they can give them something thats our go to because they will always munch them right away. ;)
Sooo cool! I'll definitely quote you if kiddo starts getting upset that they need carrots."According to a reindeer expert online, who knows what reindeer like, their favorite would be apples." Ya know, mommy 's suggestions sometimes arent accepted but if an expert weighs in, thats golden :)

Last edited:
Guess the deck cleaning crew will have an assortment of addition debris on the decks Xmas am.

It would be cool if the crew could leave sleigh tracks or something on deck for the kids. :)

just another hint. I was in alaska several years ago and the favorite food at the time was graham crackers. we brought a box of them onboard during our last cruise. those little snack size or even the teddy bear ones in the individual bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter