Christmas Crowds

richard3330

Cirque Fan
Hi,

I know that we should be expecting very big crowds around Christmas - especially Xmas Eve/Xmas Day/Boxing Day/New Years Eve, but just how big will they be?

Will the parks be shoulder-to-shoulder with guests?, will queues be hours long?

Is there a chance WDW might have to stop letting people in if it becomed too busy (especially New Years Eve at Epcot)

Sorry about all the fuss, but we have never been to WDW at Xmas before and are curious as to what sort of crowds we should expect.

Thanks!

Richard.

Hi Richard :wave:

There's been a couple of threads on the main DIS Trip Planning board, if you do a search you should find them. I have been reading them with interest of course, as we arrive on Dec 26! :D

From what I have read the period between Christmas Day and New Years Eve is chock a block! Yes, it sounds like shoulder to shoulder crowds, so if there are rides you simply MUST do, I suggest you try and fit them in at the beginning of your trip, I think you arrive Dec 18, don't you? Those first few days should be quieter with a gradual build up to Christmas Day and then all hell let's loose from the sound of it! :eek:

One tip I read about was to get to the parks early, so you do get some time there, even if it's only an hour, to try and get some rides in before the off-site folk arrive.

Regarding EPCOT on New Years Eve, if you are an on-site guest in a WDW hotel you can still get into the park when they close the gates to off-site guests. Even so, I would suggest arriving by 11 am at the latest if you don't want to risk it. I remember you have changed your hotel from Polynesian to a Universal Hotel, does that mean you will be at the Universal hotel on New Years Eve? If so, I think you will find a LOT of traffic on the roads, and will have to make an early start to get to EPCOT.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions, let me know, after all I have been swotting up on this period at WDW for the last two years! ;)

Hi,
We have spent the last two Christmas's at Disney and yes it is VERY busy.We went to Epcot for both Xmas day and New Years eve and the lines were very long (210 minutes for Test Track on NYE!)Still we had a great time and spent NYE in the World Showcase celebrating from "country to country" and it was a brilliant atmosphere.The Magic Kingdom and Epcot were both closed to new addmission at about 11 am on Xmas day and NYE.
The only dissapointing point of both trips was the weather as it was VERY cold,this year we are saving a bit of money and hoping for better weather by going at the begining of December instead.

Mick.

:smooth:

Thanks Mazzy,

We will still be at The Polynesian for New Years Eve which is lucky, so we should be o.k getting in to Epcot if it will always stay open to WDW resort guests.

I think we will try and do all of the main attractions that DS is desperate to do at the beginning of the holiday, so hopefully the queues wont be too long.

If I think up any more questions I will definitely let you know, Mazzy , Thanks!

---------------------------------------
Thanks Mick,
210 minutes for Epcot doesn't sound too good, does it?!!

I think NYE we will just wonder around the world showcase and visit Innoventions and avoid the attractions. Fastpasses must sell out within like 10 minutes of the park opening!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter